Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Christian Eriksen ? Gone to Brentford

Just now, KFS said:

That said, with our medical history I’m not sure this would be the best idea for him personally.

Are you saying no player should look to sign for us again because of our injury record or that our medical team have a history of giving our players heart problems?

• Haha 1

Just now, Walkers said:

Are you saying no player should look to sign for us again because of our injury record or that our medical team have a history of giving our players heart problems?

I’m saying a player coming back from a very serious heart condition should consider signing for a club where the medical staff seemingly can’t accurately or properly rehab players and tell them to ‘run off’ serious injuries, yeah.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Walkers said:

...none of the above, we appear to to be unable to resolve a "dead leg", I don't hold up much chance of us being able to monitor a player with known cardiac problems!!!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KFS said:

I’m saying a player coming back from a very serious heart condition should consider signing for a club where the medical staff seemingly can’t accurately or properly rehab players and tell them to ‘run off’ serious injuries, yeah.

So a mix of my dumb options then, okay

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

So a mix of my dumb options then, okay

Well no, because you said no player should look to sign for us again. I was only referring to Eriksen. I also said ‘consider’, not outright ‘do not sign for us for this reason’.

In this case he should consider the competency of the medical staff. If there was ever a prospective signing who should consider that, it’s him.

Not a priority position but for no transfer fee it's a bit of a no-brainer for me.

There is going to be a lot of fixture congestion in the next few months if we are going to challenge in all competitions, can't expect Maddison to play every game & we lack creativity without him.

Get him in!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

Haven't we got one space in the 25 after Benkovic went?

All energies should be on a CB right now.

Yes we only have 1 space left, which was a result of Benkovic leaving. Rodgers has said the priority is bringing in a CB, so we'd need to move another registered player out to bring Eriksen in. 

This screams us. Schmeichel, Vestergaard link. Rodgers wanted him at Liverpool while he was at Ajax, and the club went for him 12 months ago. We're not a team in desperate need of him to come and play lots of games given Maddison/KDH are fit and bang in form, unlike others that might be interested like Newcastle. Wants to play in the PL again and clearly has motivation. 18 month contract with option is a no brainer if he's fit.

Just don't know who we'd move out of the 25 man squad. Bertrand if he's long-term injured?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

This screams us. Schmeichel, Vestergaard link. Rodgers wanted him at Liverpool while he was at Ajax, and the club went for him 12 months ago. We're not a team in desperate need of him to come and play lots of games given Maddison/KDH are fit and bang in form, unlike others that might be interested like Newcastle. Wants to play in the PL again and clearly has motivation. 18 month contract with option is a no brainer if he's fit.

Just don't know who we'd move out of the 25 man squad. Bertrand if he's long-term injured?

Evans out until April, Bertrand struggling and Ricardo and Castagne both out until late Feb, March time. It's a tricky one.

I'd bin Bertrand

• Like 1