Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Christian Eriksen ? Gone to Brentford

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Evans out until April, Bertrand struggling and Ricardo and Castagne both out until late Feb, March time. It's a tricky one.

I'd bin Bertrand

Would not surprise me if Evans is going to be longer than April, by the time he is even back ready to start playing matches the season will already probably be done

Bertrand is a knee issue as well isn't it? If he needs an OP that is his season probably done

Bin off Jakupovic?

9 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Would make sense considering this was only a year ago. 

Pretty sure Rodgers confirmed we looked at him last January as well but Inters demands were too high (full wages + a loan big fee). Can't see who we'd move out from the squad to bring him or anyone else in on top of the defender we need.  

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

Pretty sure Rodgers confirmed we looked at him last January as well but Inters demands were too high (full wages + a loan big fee). Can't see who we'd move out from the squad to bring him or anyone else in on top of the defender we need.  

Like a few have mentioned Jakapovic can be binned. Wouldn’t surprise me if Bertrand gets binned too. 

Im going to call it now, Eriksen in on a pay as you play until the end of the season, and Phil Jones on loan. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would not surprise me if Evans is going to be longer than April, by the time he is even back ready to start playing matches the season will already probably be done

Bertrand is a knee issue as well isn't it? If he needs an OP that is his season probably done

Bin off Jakupovic?

Good call on the 3rd keeper. That would be how we do it.

I think this is a no brainier for me, would provide great cover for both Madders and Youri as we enter a busy period of fixtures, we will need that flexibility to keep players fresh and fit. 

I agree Jakupovic ideal to drop from squad as Stolycryk has been providing cover for bench and means we can create an additional spot in the 25 man squad 

Depends if things have changed in light of Youri extending his contract looking less and less likely (lets be honest its not looked like he'll resign for a long time now, but with only 18 months left we'll need more cover in midfield).

Agree with those who say the one free slot should go to a centre back in view of our centre back crisis, however if JJ and Fofana aren't too far away and Amartey is back very soon we might be okay there soon enough. 

Ndidi can fill in when he comes back in a couple of weeks time, Soyuncu should hopefully be back, and worst case scenario, Timmy and Hamza (as seem recently)can fill in at the back.

I think he'll do well wherever he ends up (assuming he comes to the Premier League), but the concern with Eriksen will always be his heart. Just seems like a very Leicester thing to do to sign a player then find he is forced to retire a few games in over heath issues.

2 hours ago, KFS said:

That said, with our medical history I’m not sure this would be the best idea for him personally.

I seriously think he would be difficult to insure ... once you have a cardiac arrest, you are forever a heart patient. 

I know that sports medicine has improved immensely over the past 20 years, but there is a reason Serie A won't let him play: It is risky for people with serious heart conditions to play elite level sports, even if you can find a Dr. Spaceman to sign the required forms.

• Like 1

But on a real, there's no point in bringing in Eriksen. Don't get me wrong, he's one of my absolute favourite players but there's just a massive risk with him for one, not to mention that a player like him just isn't a priority right now.

What would we even do with him? We can't play him as an 8, he's shown at Inter that it doesn't work, we can't really play him as a 10 as long as Madders is fit and in form.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, turlo said:

Yes we only have 1 space left, which was a result of Benkovic leaving. Rodgers has said the priority is bringing in a CB, so we'd need to move another registered player out to bring Eriksen in. 

Jakupovic can go out and we use a youth teamer as third reserve.

• Like 2

I'd actually quite like to spend big money on the best CB we can realistically get rather than someone to fill the void.

Evans career is on borrowed time, the amount of injuries he's getting now, I'd say he's going to hang his boots up. Probably the end of this season or the next.

I don't think Soyunchu is particularly brilliant and no one knows how Fofana will recover.

Vestergaard...well...

Ideally a new CB & Fofana long term.

• Like 1