Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Christian Eriksen ? Gone to Brentford

5 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Name me just a single good reason. Because I honestly can't see one.

He's previously world class with something to prove and we lose Youri in the summer (and need back up this season, especially if Maddison gets injured again).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He's previously world class with something to prove and we lose Youri in the summer (and need back up this season, especially if Maddison gets injured again).

And it's been 3 years since he's showed his world class form? 

How is Youri leaving even an argument, they're completely different players. We don't need to spunk wages on 30 year olds who will end up taking away game time from the likes of Soumare and KDH who will need it. 

For the life of me I don't understand this forum's obsession with has beens and past-it players. Coutinho, Eriksen, Lenglet, James, Lingard, Tarkowski, Neres, Alli, Bergwijn, Umtiti, Bailly and Phil ****ing Jones. Fkn get a grip of yourselves lads, what kind of ambition would we be showing to the world by signing this lot. All we'd be to a lot of these players is a retirement home to get that last decent contract. Why should we actively try to ruin our structure and the progress we've made in building this club up to be more than just a stepping stone by signing these types of players?

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

How is Youri leaving even an argument, they're completely different players. We don't need to spunk wages on 30 year olds who will end up taking away game time from the likes of Soumare and KDH who will need it. 

For the life of me I don't understand this forum's obsession with has beens and past-it players. Coutinho, Eriksen, Lenglet, James, Tarkowski, Neres, Alli, Bergwijn, Umtiti, Bailly and Phil ****ing Jones. Fkn get a grip of yourselves lads, what kind of ambition would we be showing to the world by signing this lot. All we'd be to a lot of these players is a retirement home to get that last decent contract. Why should we actively try to ruin our structure and the progress we've made in building this club up to be more than just a stepping stone by signing these types of players?

100%  correct, players around 23 ish with massive potential and already have top flight experience in UK or Europe

• Like 1

....I wasn't keen on him coming here prior to his cardiac arrest, and with the insurers for Inter, not keen on his potential fitness to play, I am less keen right now!!!

This potential deal, appears to be viewed as a chance to get in a player, we would only have been able to afford had we sold half our squad. We have a system which appears to be working, at £300k per week, this guy had effectively priced himself out of every club bar a few, chasing the money.

One of the reason why I am not looking for this to come to fruition is the health aspect, insurers are not stupid, like bookies they know how to make money, and taking punts like this is not something that they do. The other reason would be his greed, regarding his salary. He would not be so accommodating had this episode not intervened in his career, all the best at some other club, but no thanks.

Edited by sacreblueits442

Just now, LFox99 said:

So can Lookman and he's already at the club

Not seen Lookman play as well as he can on the right. Anyway I’ve read your posts now, so no point taking this further! He’d be a good signing on a pay-as-you-play even at his Inter level. If he got anywhere near his Denmark levels he’d be sensational!

I am cautiously keen on this - you know that he would absolutely put his all in after what has happened. Short term contract and take it from there. But as mentioned, CB should be our main priority for January, so only if it will work out squad wise. 

Edited by rachhere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

For the life of me I don't understand this forum's obsession with has beens and past-it players. Coutinho, Eriksen, Lenglet, James, Lingard, Tarkowski, Neres, Alli, Bergwijn, Umtiti, Bailly and Phil ****ing Jones. Fkn get a grip of yourselves lads, what kind of ambition would we be showing to the world by signing this lot. All we'd be to a lot of these players is a retirement home to get that last decent contract. Why should we actively try to ruin our structure and the progress we've made in building this club up to be more than just a stepping stone by signing these types of players?

Whilst I see your point the two things aren’t really mutually exclusive? We can have a structure based upon buying young talent with potential but still buy the odd older, more experienced head. I’m not particularly saying we should sign Eriksen or not but if we did it doesn’t mean we’ll suddenly start only signing 30 year olds. X 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Not seen Lookman play as well as he can on the right. Anyway I’ve read your posts now, so no point taking this further! He’d be a good signing on a pay-as-you-play even at his Inter level. If he got anywhere near his Denmark levels he’d be sensational!

His Inter level was pedestrian!

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Name me just a single good reason. Because I honestly can't see one.

Let me give you a few. How many players in our squad can you say are creative?? We lack creative players. He would improve our starting 11 immediately. Also if and when Youri is off we have a quality player already in the squad to take the creativity burden. He would also have a point to prove and would t just be coming for a pay packet, he’s desperate to prove himself to get in the World Cup squad. 

the obvious downside is his heart, but if doctors have given him the all clear who are we to suggest he isn’t upto it?

my question back would be give me reasons (beside his heart) not to sign him?

• Haha 1