Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Christian Eriksen ? Gone to Brentford

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I wasn't keen on him coming here prior to his cardiac arrest, and with the insurers for Inter, not keen on his potential fitness to play, I am less keen right now!!!

This potential deal, appears to be viewed as a chance to get in a player, we would only have been able to afford had we sold half our squad. We have a system which appears to be working, at £300k per week, this guy had effectively priced himself out of every club bar a few, chasing the money.

One of the reason why I am not looking for this to come to fruition is the health aspect, insurers are not stupid, like bookies they know how to make money, and taking punts like this is not something that they do. The other reason would be his greed, regarding his salary. He would not be so accommodating had this episode not intervened in his career, all the best at some other club, but no thanks.

I'm sure the insurance side is workable. We wouldn't be paying a transfer fee so he wouldn't need to be insured to offset that. There would likely be a clause in his contract for early termination if heart related issues occur and he can't play anymore and In terms of his health he will no doubt have to sign a waiver wherever he goes.  Italy is different they don't let anyone play who has had any form of heart issues. It's not a deal breaker here or a lot of countries in Europe. If he wants to play then nobody can really stop him if he understands the risks. 

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

And it's been 3 years since he's showed his world class form? 

How is Youri leaving even an argument, they're completely different players. We don't need to spunk wages on 30 year olds who will end up taking away game time from the likes of Soumare and KDH who will need it. 

For the life of me I don't understand this forum's obsession with has beens and past-it players. Coutinho, Eriksen, Lenglet, James, Lingard, Tarkowski, Neres, Alli, Bergwijn, Umtiti, Bailly and Phil ****ing Jones. Fkn get a grip of yourselves lads, what kind of ambition would we be showing to the world by signing this lot. All we'd be to a lot of these players is a retirement home to get that last decent contract. Why should we actively try to ruin our structure and the progress we've made in building this club up to be more than just a stepping stone by signing these types of players?

Mancini, Cambiasso, Evans....?

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think his game would revolve around him dropping deeper in to the sort of 8 role. He wasn't very good at that at Inter to start with but 2nd half of last season he did start to turn it on a bit.

He's technically so good he could perform very well in that role.

• Like 1

He was Spurs for about 7 years but his last 18months weren't his best and at inter his form was mixed. 

While with Courtinho, he wasn't really needed at Barcelona and his style of football wasn't suited to what they wanted so I think he still has alot in the tank and a point to prove.

While Eriksen best years were at Spurs and nobody knows how is form would be now after what happened to him last year. Looks like it's us or Spurs that are looking at him, we should only get him if we need him to fill a position that we are struggling with

You'd think it would be Spurs who were in for him and they're midfield is toss but then again Conte was on the verge of letting him go last January so maybe he's not that arsed. Personally I think they should come and take Perez off us and we'll have Eriksen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd think it would be Spurs who were in for him and they're midfield is toss but then again Conte was on the verge of letting him go last January so maybe he's not that arsed. Personally I think they should come and take Perez off us and we'll have Eriksen.

Absolutely. I wish

Edited by CyprusFox

11 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

All depends on wages. If he could find the form he had at Spurs then he would be a right coup but with what has happened to him at the Euros, who knows if he would ever hit that kind of form again.

I don’t think he will be in a position to demand massive wages, certainly nothing like he was asking for when we were past interested. 

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

Has he been back in anything close to full training since he came back? 

Can’t see any info on that. I think he may have done some with his home town team, but certainly not played a game by the looks of it

2 hours ago, frany104 said:

Let me give you a few. How many players in our squad can you say are creative?? We lack creative players. He would improve our starting 11 immediately. Also if and when Youri is off we have a quality player already in the squad to take the creativity burden. He would also have a point to prove and would t just be coming for a pay packet, he’s desperate to prove himself to get in the World Cup squad. 

the obvious downside is his heart, but if doctors have given him the all clear who are we to suggest he isn’t upto it?

my question back would be give me reasons (beside his heart) not to sign him?

I’m laughing at this part. How can you say we lack creative players when we’re 7th in goals scored?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Would not surprise me if Evans is going to be longer than April, by the time he is even back ready to start playing matches the season will already probably be done

Bertrand is a knee issue as well isn't it? If he needs an OP that is his season probably done

Bin off Jakupovic?

We’ve binned benkovic already haven’t we?

33 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

I’m laughing at this part. How can you say we lack creative players when we’re 7th in goals scored?

Name me the creative players in our squad. I count 4. Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans and recently Lookman has started to show creativity. That’s not a lot in a squad. Bad form or injuries will kill that creativity. 

why be so defensive by the way! It’s just a forum with opinions!