Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Christian Eriksen ? Gone to Brentford

I think he’d be a wonderful addition. 

Football isn’t about the 11 players on the pitch. It’s a squad of 25 players and we do lack ability 

Our initial 25 man squad was:

Marc Albrighton,

Daniel Amartey,

Harvey Barnes,

Filip Benkovic,

Ryan Bertrand,

Timothy Castagne,

Hamza Choudhury,

Patson Daka,

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall,

Jonny Evans,

Kelechi Iheancho,

Eldin Jakupovic,

James Justin,

Ademola Lookman,

James Maddison,

Wilfred Ndidi,

Ricardo Pereira,

Ayoze Perez,

Kasper Schmeichel,

Boubakary Soumare,

Caglar Soyuncu,

Youri Tielemans,

Jamie Vardy,

Jannik Vestergaard,

Danny Ward.

With Benkovic gone, we replace him with another CB. 

I’d imagine the logical thing to do at this stage, is to replace Jakupovic with another outfield player that can carry the burden of the mountain of games we’re going to face. 

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He is an intelligent man, he should be getting his coaching qualifications and considering moving into management. His wife and kids would not want him to take such a risk.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd think it would be Spurs who were in for him and they're midfield is toss but then again Conte was on the verge of letting him go last January so maybe he's not that arsed. Personally I think they should come and take Perez off us and we'll have Eriksen.

Not sure anyone has posted this here yet, but he recently did his first public interview with Danish Broadcasting since the incident.
Not sure if it's viewable from outside Denmark, but they made a version with English subtitles: https://www.dr.dk/drtv/se/christian-eriksen-_-min-historie_-english-subtitles_294680

It seems very obvious that Eriksen has been assured that there is no problem for him to continue his career. His family completely support it, which tells me that from a medical point of view this was more akin to a freak incident rather than a particular condition with the heart.

Daley Blind has returned and played at a high level with Ajax and the Netherlands, so I don't see a reason why Eriksen cannot do the same.

Judging from Conte's comments last season and now as well as comments by Mourinho et al when at Spurs, there has never been an attitute problem with him and frankly, from his entire demeanor, I would be very surprised if he ever kicks up a fuss.

I think he'd be a solid signing, but not sure how he would fit in when everyone is fit. Then again, when Maddison or Tielemans are off form, then we've seen how screwed we are. Having an option in Eriksen wouldn't be bad. If we can afford the risk, I think it would be a missed opportunity not to go for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He’d have a basic salary and then pay as you play. Something like that. Can’t see any harm in getting him in. Absolutely no fee to pay, close with squad members. 

• Like 3

Tough one. Assuming we can get him insured, we then have to look at our squad. If money is tight then there really is only one position that needs strengthening. 

Besides, Conte’s statement about the door always being open is Intruiging.. because of his attachment to Spurs, if they want him, there’s only one place he’ll go.

Coupled with the fact that there’s actually no real link to him just someone rehashing a story from last year, I can put this down to being a non starter.

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Tough one. Assuming we can get him insured, we then have to look at our squad. If money is tight then there really is only one position that needs strengthening. 

Besides, Conte’s statement about the door always being open is Intruiging.. because of his attachment to Spurs, if they want him, there’s only one place he’ll go.

Coupled with the fact that there’s actually know real link to him just someone rehashing a story from last year, I can put this down to being a non starter.

Plus Spurs midfield is crap, he'll walk in to that team once fully fit.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, manders86 said:

I don't understand people questioning his wage demands? He's not trying to play football again at a high level now for the money, it's all about getting to the world Cup for Denmark. Seems a win, win to me.

he’s still going to get the highest wage he can. He’s got no attachment to us.  If there’s 4-5 teams in for him and we are not the highest bidders, then it’s hard to see him coming here.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, manders86 said:

I don't understand people questioning his wage demands? He's not trying to play football again at a high level now for the money, it's all about getting to the world Cup for Denmark. Seems a win, win to me.

...I take it you don't mean he is just coming here to get fit!!!

No point him being here if he cannot play to a certain standard, we may be generous to a fault with our existing squad players going through problems coming back from injury, but we are not a charity and we should not be aiming to be.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MPH said:

he’s still going to get the highest wage he can. He’s got no attachment to us.  If there’s 4-5 teams in for him and we are not the highest bidders, then it’s hard to see him coming here.

No attachment apart from his best mate Kasper and vesty!!  Guarantees the eyes of the national team selectors on him. Still I’d rather see Dolberg marginally. Just not sure of the risk taken on how he will stand up to physicality required in premiership given what he went through. 

5 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

No attachment apart from his best mate Kasper and vesty!!  Guarantees the eyes of the national team selectors on him. Still I’d rather see Dolberg marginally. Just not sure of the risk taken on how he will stand up to physicality required in premiership given what he went through. 

he’s too old to be joining a club just because his mate is there surely?

besides, he was at Spurs a long time and his whole family will have friend down there. He’ll go to a London club I reckon. Probably Arsenal.

NOW come on u know this is just a paper story , how many times have we been linked to a top class player only to see them end up at a club worst than ours , we could do with him , but it won’t happen , better chance of singing drink water .

Surely he'd want to go somewhere he could get plenty of game time if his motives are to be believed? In which case, who does he replace here? Not Ndidi, Tielemans or Maddison. KDH is admirably learning his trade very quickly, surely we want to continue that for the long term not stall it for a short term fix for something that doesn't need fixing? It wouldn't matter how creative he was anyway if we continue to leak goals due to an inadequate defence due to injuries. 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Surely he'd want to go somewhere he could get plenty of game time if his motives are to be believed? In which case, who does he replace here? Not Ndidi, Tielemans or Maddison. KDH is admirably learning his trade very quickly, surely we want to continue that for the long term not stall it for a short term fix for something that doesn't need fixing? It wouldn't matter how creative he was anyway if we continue to leak goals due to an inadequate defence due to injuries. 

Given we have had our first 11 fit for literally no games this season, I am sure he would back himself to play some football.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Given we have had our first 11 fit for literally no games this season, I am sure he would back himself to play some football.

We're just on about midfielders though, the majority of our problems have been in defence haven't they. It's still a problem and is in far more need of addressing than collecting another wage sapping player. It's not about Ericsson and what's good for him, it's about Leicester City and what's good for them. He's surplus to requirements, we've plenty of midfielder cover.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We're just on about midfielders though, the majority of our problems have been in defence haven't they. It's still a problem and is in far more need of addressing than collecting another wage sapping player. It's not about Ericsson and what's good for him, it's about Leicester City and what's good for them. He's surplus to requirements, we've plenty of midfielder cover.

Iam sorry but I think ur wrong , YOURI has been injured and playing well below what he plays at ,soumare is a defensive player and KDH is still learning , too say we have heaps of quality midfielders is crap that’s were we have fallen down the last two years , having to run YOURI into the ground , if u want to play with the adults in the league u need experience not kids . He would be a great signing 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Madness.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

i don’t think the issue is about if we’d want him, if we have the money, we’d want him- he’s different gravy…. But would he want to come to us? That’s the stumbling block.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

he’s too old to be joining a club just because his mate is there surely?

besides, he was at Spurs a long time and his whole family will have friend down there. He’ll go to a London club I reckon. Probably Arsenal.

Arsenal? lol 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bert said:

He’d have a basic salary and then pay as you play. Something like that. Can’t see any harm in getting him in. Absolutely no fee to pay, close with squad members. 

This type of contract on an 18 month deal would be ideal. Gives us some cover for Tielemans in the short term, and then a year more to find his long term replacement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Iam sorry but I think ur wrong , YOURI has been injured and playing well below what he plays at ,soumare is a defensive player and KDH is still learning , too say we have heaps of quality midfielders is crap that’s were we have fallen down the last two years , having to run YOURI into the ground , if u want to play with the adults in the league u need experience not kids . He would be a great signing 

No problem it's all about opinions, I just don't think he's anywhere the player he was either. After being left on the sidelines at Inter I think he only got in through injury. I think KDH needs time and games and if given them, will become a cracking player for us. Ambitions for us are a little limited now this season anyway but all this costs money and I just believe it could be better spent elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1