Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Christian Eriksen ? Gone to Brentford

11 hours ago, MPH said:

Tough one. Assuming we can get him insured, we then have to look at our squad. If money is tight then there really is only one position that needs strengthening. 

Besides, Conte’s statement about the door always being open is Intruiging.. because of his attachment to Spurs, if they want him, there’s only one place he’ll go.

Coupled with the fact that there’s actually no real link to him just someone rehashing a story from last year, I can put this down to being a non starter.

6 hours ago, MPH said:

i don’t think the issue is about if we’d want him, if we have the money, we’d want him- he’s different gravy…. But would he want to come to us? That’s the stumbling block.

There are reasons he might come here, as opposed to Spurs.

Cons to Spurs: Conte isn't gonna last, because he never does. With Poch gone and the team aging (and Kane wanting out), it isn't what it was.

Pros to coming here: Danish players, a generally better locker room, and with Youri probably on the way out, a path to being a regular starter. Truth is, we are likely to be playing at least twice a week soon, and he will get games this season.

I am indifferent to him joining (if credible medical people say it's not dangerous), but I don't think it's an unreasonable move.

5 hours ago, Bert said:

Arsenal? lol 

he’s got. Lot of friends down in London.. Spurs apparently don’t want him… he’ll not care about any rivalry, just about getting to the World Cup. I think he’ll prefer a London club but don’t see Chelsea being in for him  of course there’s Brentford in for him

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 1

If he was willing to accept a short(ish) term contract for under 100k a week, say maybe 18 months.... its 100% worth a go. Especially if we think we may lose Tielemans in the summer. 

6 months to get his fitness up then a year to prove himself as Youri's replacement. 

I know the exciting thing is signing young superstars with bags of potential but there still could be a world class player in there somewhere and if we can bring that out, along with his experience at the top level which we don't have in CM, there won't be many better Youri replacements around. 

• Like 1

Got to say I'm not feeling this at all. I always really liked him as a player and I think Spurs' failure to ever properly replace him is their biggest reason for downfall (as much as Levy never backing Pochettino). Two big problems for me here though are the obvious health issues which make this a gamble in itself, and the other is surely we have other priorities. The implication on here is that we aren't exactly wash with spending money this window so using what little we do have to bring in somebody in a position I think we're already very strong in just seems like a complete waste. I don't think we should go mad this window but surely, surely the priority has to be a defender above all.

I'd take him if it was a reasonable deal for us and a defender was also signed but I've seen nothing to suggest that's the case. All feeling a bit last two Januarys to me in all honesty.

Edited by Dan LCFC

12 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

Rumours from Brentford fans are he’s already had and passed a medical there and could be unveiled as early as tomorrow. 

I wouldn’t want to be the medic signing that off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2