Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Christian Eriksen ? Gone to Brentford

He's not really a high priority for us given our strength in midfield/attack.

I felt he was superb at times for a couple of years with Spurs and Denmark but even before the Finland game I wasn't that keen on him when we were linked this time last year. More from the wage aspect but still.

I hope he can get back to his best but sadly I'd say his best days have come and gone.

9 hours ago, blueharmie said:

Why would this guy risk his life again for a game of football. **** that idea right off. 

If playing football is not an added risk, then why wouldn't he? Too many are assuming things about his health and situation. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It is a very low risk.  Lots of people live their lives perfectly well with the appliance he has fitted.  

Maybe so but the guy died on the pitch. The risk is not worth the reward and for Brentford? Come on.

There is no place for Eriksen in our current midfield even if he was fit. It is not an area of concern while Youri is still with us. Castagnes new setback shows where we could be pretty short at least till Dan and Wilf return. We have Jonny, Riccy and RB out and JJ not ready so Rodgers will be tempted to loan a defender. I rated Eriksen highly as a player five years ago but for obvious reasons those days are gone. Its time for him to move on.

• Like 1

This season is already a write off for me - i'd rather sign a quality player (assuming his abilities haven't dropped that much) for a handful of years than prioritise a CB on loan when we'll be adequately covered in a few weeks time, barring no further injuries.

• Like 1

If we could get him back to his best then he'd be a great signing.

Maybe his poor form was down to his health issue, who knows.

At his best he would be outside our reach. So why not take him now for little cost or downside .

A pay as you play contract protects both us and Eriksen.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 08:37, dannythefox said:

I’d take him and I’m sure a few clubs would but in this window a CB has to be priority. 

I think we should get a CB and him, ditch Evans from the squad he ain't gonna be fit til April, play him in the cups and Europe, if and it's a big if hes properly fit before the end of the season.

On 18/01/2022 at 02:47, NaijaFox said:

One of those who "watch" football via teletext, I see... :D

But since you are a bean-counter, why don't you dredge up his stats from Spurs and compare. 

Nobody is saying he’s the same player he was at Spurs but he can definitely be useful. You’re the only one arguing otherwise.