Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Spurs post Match

Can't really argue that we deserved anything from that game but to lose in the way that we did is gut wrenching.

Going forward we look okay but defensively we are just beyond awful. Tottenham have struggled for goals and creativity all season and yet had 27 shots today. 27??!! Our lack of organisation as a team is glaring. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, jamesp26 said:

KDH was drivel?

Forgot him. Apologies. He was ok. 

Lookman was anonymous.

soyuncu was a clown

vestugard is woeful

tielemans probably put in his worst display and has cost us big time with that pass. When he dropped the shoulder to skip the players I’m thinking just punt it in the corner

Can’t quite believe what we’ve seen tonight. Rodgers explicitly said he wanted to bring in ‘players who know what it is to win’ after we bottled it against Spurs at the end of last season and our mentality is worse than ever.

Frankly, it isn’t a question of ‘are we the bottlers?’ anymore. We are.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Corky said:

The whole Tottenham thing is really dull, both at matches against them and on here generally. All the bottlers, Spursy stuff can get in the bin, should've ended five years ago.

It was being sung seconds before the equaliser. Our own worst enemy really

In all honesty to be ahead at injury time was undeserved. They battered us and consistently ran through our midfield all game which Rodgers did nothing to address during the first half, at half time or second half. We needed another CM in there. He sets us up so negatively it just stinks of him having no trust in this squad or respecting opposition far too much.

Some poor decisions making such as Barnes who really should have passed to lookman who would have possibly made it 3-1 and game dead and buried.

Poor game management to see it out.  Third goal inexcusable where players just standing and watching and Youri straight pass instead of wide and getting the ball in.

Defence is a shambles and we need to address it asap and vestergaard is woeful and we really need to get rid. He's just a hindrance. You can't convince me otherwise.

Considering how we've not played we looked ridiculously tired. Poor all-round.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 2

I actually didn’t get a good feeling when KDB came off. Maybe he was physically done, but I thought he was everywhere on the pitch and doing a decent job defending. I thought Soumare was somewhat of a luxury and was not up to the pace of the game. Not sure he was to blame but I wondered if we would have won if KDB stayed on.

Today I and my work colleagues went snorkelling on a reef in the Indian Ocean, just off Kandooma Island in The Maldives, I/we swam with turtles, giant rays, reef sharks, giant octopus, dolphins, puffer fish and every kind of marine fish you could imagine.

Then I sat with my colleagues on tiny island drinking wine watching the sun set then headed back to Kandooma for dinner on the beachside restaurant with more wine.

I happily made my way back to my villa to settle on my bed to watch the game. 

For 95 mins I was quite proud of my team, loving seeing them be 2-1 up against a team I despise and looking forward to them completing one of the most life affirming days of my life.

But no! An almighty **** up that's left me as angry as **** at what I've just seen with an embarrassing capitulation when it should've all been done and dusted.

This game has overshadowed everything I have witnessed today and I'm seriously seriously ****ed off now. 

• Haha 2

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Tielemans won't get the shit he deserves from today, he was bloody awful 

he gets a pass and the mental gymnastics on here by some to blame everyone but him is laughable. 

he had all sorts of options from that kick off - that's utterly brain dead to do what he did 

• Like 1