Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Spurs post Match

18 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

fair enough, he did that all night. but surely the fatty ref should've blown for full time as soon as the ball was kicked as the 5 mins were already up by then? i don't remember any injuries or paused play during that final 4 mins that i watched.

A goal adds a minute

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I actually didn’t get a good feeling when KDB came off. Maybe he was physically done, but I thought he was everywhere on the pitch and doing a decent job defending. I thought Soumare was somewhat of a luxury and was not up to the pace of the game. Not sure he was to blame but I wondered if we would have won if KDB stayed on.

Getting your consonants mixed up a little there mate.

5 minutes ago, FuriousFox46 said:

Am I right in thinking Bergwijn should have been sent off? It looked stonewall from where I was 

He gave him a push but not particularly violent, handbags that's all, yellow card about right. Cags had bent over and shouted something so probably had provoked it. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

To play ultra defensive at 2-1 and surrender the game is disgraceful.

We always go deep and try and hang on instead of playing as though we are losing. Just like BR finally listened re. marking at corners, hopefully someday he'll get the message.

Just now, TrentFox said:

Did you see Vestergarrd when you were snorkelling - assuming you get whales there? 

Believe me, I swear the whale sharks we are hoping to see tomorrow can turn quicker than that absolute disgrace of a signing.

In 40 years of supporting this club I don't think I've ever felt this angry at a result and it's ruined one of the bast days of my life. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

WTF is going on? Thats LB AND RB I've saw people claim he was playing? Am I on Ant and fvcking Dec? 

No no - my mistake my mind said RCB and my FINGER said LB. I blame being livid 

Edited by hejammy
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Today I and my work colleagues went snorkelling on a reef in the Indian Ocean, just off Kandooma Island in The Maldives, I/we swam with turtles, giant rays, reef sharks, giant octopus, dolphins, puffer fish and every kind of marine fish you could imagine.

Then I sat with my colleagues on tiny island drinking wine watching the sun set then headed back to Kandooma for dinner on the beachside restaurant with more wine.

I happily made my way back to my villa to settle on my bed to watch the game. 

For 95 mins I was quite proud of my team, loving seeing them be 2-1 up against a team I despise and looking forward to them completing one of the most life affirming days of my life.

But no! An almighty **** up that's left me as angry as **** at what I've just seen with an embarrassing capitulation when it should've all been done and dusted.

This game has overshadowed everything I have witnessed today and I'm seriously seriously ****ed off now. 

95D90DF3-98BF-487A-A325-FAAD7AE5FBAA.gif

• Haha 3

I’m seeing some almighty over reactions. 

The way the game ended is why it’s so hard to take. I’ve seen people blame Moss, Tielemans, Schmeichel, Rodgers. 

Over the course of the 90 minutes we didn’t deserve to win and if anyone says otherwise then please take off your blue tinted spectacles, but it’s an absolute disgrace to lose the game from where we did. There was no need to go looking for that cutting edge pass after we’d just conceded the second equaliser. Our game management in these situations must be better. They had 4/5 men round our 3 attacking players all night. 

Lovely build up play to both of our goals, but both can be counted as fortunate. We actually stuck to our game plan well and looked quite comfortable in all fairness, but If that’s how you’re gonna set up you’re inevitably going to put pressure on yourself. Of course Kane turned into prime Messi against us, but what else is new?

What is really baffling me is why we try to play the offside trap so much. We aren’t good at it, our defensive line is all over the place. It’s an art and one we are nowhere near mastering. Soyuncu for their first and third steps up and instantly puts himself on the back foot. The quicker we can stop playing Vestergaard the better. Never really one to slate players, but got outpaced by Kane who isn’t the quickest, beaten in the air a lot when he has a huge height advantage too. 

The positives to come out of the night is obviously JJ coming back and looking comfortable, along with Maddison again providing the goods. 

• Like 1