Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Spurs post Match

Such a shame, some great performances from our younger players, battling hard for the team. Only to be let down by that absolute shambles of a defence!

I think I would honestly swap any defence In the league for ours.

This season the defensive collapses have been immense. Unable to keep clean sheets, throw away 2 goal leads, unable to see games out, let garbage teams score with their only half chance. We do literally need 4 goals a game to have any chance of winning. Why are we not moving in the transfer window?

There were several opportunities to take the spurs player down before he put the ball in the box for their second… I’m absolutely shocked no one has committed a foul so we can re-organise at the back, waste time and have a chance of clearing it. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 3

Weird old game football hey? Probably didn’t deserve to be in that position as injury time came up. Completely ****ed it. Lots of effort but very little quality by us. Tielemans in the holding role kills him but still doesn’t excuse his errors. 

I think if we’d have done that in a competition that i think we’d do more in I’d really pissed off but the league is gonna idle on for us. Any chance there of succeeding went at the equaliser. Let alone the winner 

47 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Disgusting. Sack someone.

I'll resign. Get a pay off. Promise never to post here again. I demand £3 million to stay away. 

I'll then get a place as a poster on a rival football forum and do well for a couple of seasons, then fail and get another pay off. 

And so it goes on.

• Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Maybe Moss allowed play to go on too long. Doesn't excuse us collapsing like a cheap deckchair...again.

I mean playing 7 minutes of injury time when officially 5 was given is a disgrace but we should not of collapsed like that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well, it's a minimum of 5 mins. I assume there was a bit of time wasting, so perfectly fair to play at least another 30-60 seconds from kick off. That's some serious straw clutching :D

True but we have seen games ending with us trailing and the ref blowing 10-15 seconds before injury time is up, one might question when the luck will break our way. 

That said, it's hard to know who to blame first tonight. Was so excited to finally be watching again after a rather drab January and to be 2-1 up was even better after having shown some grit to stay in it against the run of play. Tactically, there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said about Rodgers - the mentality just isn't there, we've shown that with our collapses in Europe over the last two seasons and failure to qualify for the CL. Injuries or not, it's hard enough to excuse drawing from a winning position with that little time remaining let alone losing. Some terrible individual errors from Youri & co and I am not sure why KDH was brought off for Soumare when Youri was having a shocker. KDH was essential to much of what we did well in this and the previous game, not just in terms of contributions but mentality as well. Sick of seeing Frankenstein keep going for headers against far shorter players that he never wins and then slowly jogging back, making no attempt to catch up with play. Has to be worth letting a U23 player take his place. 

Well it's never dull is it!?

Crazy game management. Lucky to be 2-1 but took our chances and seemed to be seeing it out. Felt the pressure mounting for the equaliser which came. To then concede the third is pure madness...just back to the CB and go long from kick off.

Anyway, on a more positive note it was good to see JJ back. Looked really sharp given how long he has been out.

So many times in injury time I wondered why we didn't take the ball into the corner. Barnes not squaring the ball. Youri playing that kamakazi pass. We know we're awful defensively but we make stupid decisions further up the pitch too? If BR isn't going apeshit in that dressing room then the players have got off lightly. I'd be absolutely livid that professional players cannot see a game out after winning in the 92nd minute. 

A football match! What a sight to behold!!

First half, I thought we were pretty good.

Second half, the old Rodge-ball we’ve become accustomed to seeing I’m afraid. We did turn it on and have a good 10 minute spell, but yeah generally meh, we’ve seen this before, playing ourselves into trouble, every time.

Just clear your lines for the equaliser.

Couldn’t see a game out, again.

What was it? A case of not being up to speed, not seeing the 90+ out having not played a league match for almost a month?

We’re abit of a hybrid - we’ve won things but at the same time we’ve well overtook Tottenham in the bottling stakes. 

I’m not even angry, I’m well past that point and have been for a long while as I’ve said it’s very much ‘meh, seen this before’. I’m struggling, I have no emotion when it comes to it all now.

It’s another season I just want over asap. This is at least the 3rd season in a row I and I’m sure many others have felt this way now - usually come January this happens, this time its gone on for over 12 months.

I’m done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Weird old game football hey? Probably didn’t deserve to be in that position as injury time came up. Completely ****ed it. Lots of effort but very little quality by us. Tielemans in the holding role kills him but still doesn’t excuse his errors. 

I think if we’d have done that in a competition that i think we’d do more in I’d really pissed off but the league is gonna idle on for us. Any chance there of succeeding went at the equaliser. Let alone the winner 

Honestly I thought we played well ,lot of effort by the players tonight, but switched off  last 7 mins ,I do believe they thought they had won  so did I, tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think 8th is the ceiling now. Don’t think we close 10 points to Man U and then surpass them, even with games in hand. It’s very tight once you get to 7th as well, which is a bit of a sickener. 

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Their equaliser was on 94 and 50 seconds. The injury time was not unreasonable in my view, given stoppages and substitutions. 

Stoppage time is so subjective and random though. If you were truly to add stoppages to the added time, it should be around 10-13 minutes - per half.

With no major interruptions (and there weren't really any - not counting KDH, Maddison or Justin treatments as major) I think 5+ is difficult to justify.

This is regardless of our capitulation.

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

No. It wasn't that bad. Booking. 

Pretty shi**y dive beforehand as well. Don't think there would have been much to complain about if he did get red because of both.  Dirty POS all round.

Hard to take all that in. Thought the ref had a bit of a shocker and i don't get the added time at the end at all (edit - to be clear i mean the 2 additional on top of 95).  Seen plenty of games where the whistle blown straight away at kick off. But we should have managed that time away. They completely switched off at the end.

Youri had a stinker, but then i thought he was great against Watford. I think if the game doesn't suit him he switches off. Thought KDH was great, and wonderful to see JJ and thought he was ok until the end. Had 11 months out. He gets a pass in my opinion. 

Hmm Vesty. Been trying to give him benefit of the doubt but i just can't anymore.  He can have 5 yards on someone and you know he's going to get beat.

Edited by jamesp26