Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Spurs post Match

7 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Even before tonights defeat 8th was our ceiling in the league....this defeat isn't sickening for what it does to our league position.....its sickening because A. Its Spurs B. Its just ****ing embarrassing 🤦 

Not sure I agree with that. 3 points tonight we’d have been 28 points with two games in hand over Man U and one over Arsenal who are both on 35 points (Arsenal with a game on Man U). Winnable fixtures permitting we could have been as close as 1 point behind Man United, with only a couple of points separating them and the top 4. A win tonight, regardless of season performances, could have put us back in the mix of European places, albeit an outside chance. None of it is relevant now, but tonight was a massive blow to our season and where it goes from here. 

Edited by Manini

4 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Even before tonights defeat 8th was our ceiling in the league....this defeat isn't sickening for what it does to our league position.....its sickening because A. Its Spurs B. Its just ****ing embarrassing 🤦 

Personally don’t find it embarrassing at all. 

More embarrassed when we lost to Bournemouth 4-1 and Newcastle 4-0. Or Newport in the Cup. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

A football match! What a sight to behold!!

First half, I thought we were pretty good.

Second half, the old Rodge-ball we’ve become accustomed to seeing I’m afraid. We did turn it on and have a good 10 minute spell, but yeah generally meh, we’ve seen this before, playing ourselves into trouble, every time.

Just clear your lines for the equaliser.

Couldn’t see a game out, again.

What was it? A case of not being up to speed, not seeing the 90+ out having not played a league match for almost a month?

We’re abit of a hybrid - we’ve won things but at the same time we’ve well overtook Tottenham in the bottling stakes. 

I’m not even angry, I’m well past that point and have been for a long while as I’ve said it’s very much ‘meh, seen this before’. I’m struggling, I have no emotion when it comes to it all now.

It’s another season I just want over asap. This is at least the 3rd season in a row I and I’m sure many others have felt this way now - usually come January this happens, this time its gone on for over 12 months.

I’m done.

3rd season in a row? And yet prior to that it was 3 years of absolutely vulgar football under Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel. If that's genuinely true what you're saying, I think it's time you sat this out pal.

• Like 3

Guest Kopfkino
16 minutes ago, Matt said:

A football match! What a sight to behold!!

First half, I thought we were pretty good.

Second half, the old Rodge-ball we’ve become accustomed to seeing I’m afraid. We did turn it on and have a good 10 minute spell, but yeah generally meh, we’ve seen this before, playing ourselves into trouble, every time.

Just clear your lines for the equaliser.

Couldn’t see a game out, again.

What was it? A case of not being up to speed, not seeing the 90+ out having not played a league match for almost a month?

We’re abit of a hybrid - we’ve won things but at the same time we’ve well overtook Tottenham in the bottling stakes. 

I’m not even angry, I’m well past that point and have been for a long while as I’ve said it’s very much ‘meh, seen this before’. I’m struggling, I have no emotion when it comes to it all now.

It’s another season I just want over asap. This is at least the 3rd season in a row I and I’m sure many others have felt this way now - usually come January this happens, this time its gone on for over 12 months.

I’m done.

Honestly think you’d be better off down the non-league lad, closer to what you like it seems. If you’ve not enjoyed recent seasons then it ain’t for you

How refreshing were we last time when we just played our attacking game and went direct? 

How absolutely ****ing terrible was that today. Absolutely no desire to take that to Spurs at all. Back to the abysmal sideways and backwards passing game that we do so terribly. Putting ourselves under constant pressure from goal kicks unnecessarily. 

Vestertwat and Soy have to be the worst CBs in the league. 

Yes we have injuries, but we still have enough about our attacking game to beat a very bang average Spurs team.

Shite setup from minute one. And he has the nerve to say we played well for 92 minutes!!!! Get in the bin Brendan you bellend.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 1

Gutted.

But then we were never in control.

Spurs are a physical side and we were bullied off the ball

(Moss reffing very poor though)

We didnt created enough... playing keep ball. We hardly played a ball over the top.. which would have kept them guessing.

Kasper needs to hold his hands up.

There wre good performances from hamsa, Kdh  kevin  thomas and luckman.

Vestergaard can't run... he shouldn't start another game.

Edited by foxinsocks

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Gutted.

But then we were never in control.

Spurs are a physical side and we were bullied off the ball

(Moss raffing very poor though)

We didnt created enough... playing keep ball. We hardly played a ball over the top.. which would have kept them guessing.

Kasper needs to hold his hands up.

There wre hoid performances from hamsa, Kdh  kevin  thomas and luckman.

Vestergaard can't run... he shouldn't start another game.

pretty bad raffin yeh but i thought they were a bit dirty, fouling every few minutes. he should've really started to show more cards to them.

Got what we deserved. Negative slow football all game. The times we went at Tottenham they looked wide open and there for the taking. Our strengths are going forward but we decide to sit back pass it about until we give it away. It's rubbish football. 

Please stop with the back 5.we don't have good enough centre backs. 

We wasted far too much time. Maddison spent the majority of the last ten minutes on his arse resulting in 5 minutes injury time. 

Very frustrated . Cags and the lamp post cannot play together. Complete clowns. 

One thing is for clear we need to focus on rebuilding that defence. 

Cags needs to be binned, he’s shit and a complete liability. Summer priorities are two defenders, a ready made premier league starter and a young budding defender to step into Fofana’s shoes when he eventually leaves.

This game just summed up this season, absolute pony. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 4

All that was required to see that game out was Vestergaard to win the header against Kane with 15 seconds to go and it would have been game over. Shockingly, although not surprisingly, he didn't despite his significant height advantage and the rest is now history - the biggest bottle job in Premier League history to be precise. Perhaps we now have an explanation for the baffling fact that Thomas was marking Kane at corners in the first half. Embarrassing!    

• Like 2

Naive

’It’s happened again, it’s happened again we’re Leicester City, it’s happened again’ :whistle:

That was quite something but I don’t think It makes the top 10 of us Leicestering it I’m my lifetime. A tad embarrassing giving how much we were giving it to Spurs with two minutes to go. 

This is what Leicester City has always been and will probably always be. It’s triumph and disaster. It’s what makes it so fun and so damn frustrating. 

I’m over 50 now and I’ve just accepted it for what it is.

Just got home and I still fell incensed. At Vestergaard, at Tielemans, at Soyuncu, and especially at whoever started that “it’s happening again” chant - and those who sang along - just before their equaliser. Have you never heard of the expression ‘tempting fate’, you buffoons?!

• Like 1

Was in the kop so 2 questions:

who played kane on for first? And what was the var check for the second? 

as for the game, any danger of anyone marking kane or getting within a yard of him? Vestergaard makes my pet tortoise look mobile! Outstanding effort but totally outplayed! 

Unforgivable, but let’s talk about the match as a whole. It felt flat again for me and we were lucky not to be dead and buried at half time. Spurs had an xG of 4.5!

But what really frustrated, well apart from the schoolboy defending, was the off the ball movement. It’s atrocious. No one makes runs to give players in possession an option and the end result is slow passive football. With Youri in form is less of a problem, but tonight everyone looked devoid of energy or movement.

After 3 weeks without a Premier League match I thought they’d be chomping at the bit like the Liverpool match. Very strange. It’s like the players are only fully motivated against the top 4.

• Like 1