Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

51 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we have to get rid of Iheanacho

Iheanacho 50 million

Tielemans 40 million

Soyuncu 30 million

Mendy 5 million

Choudhury 7 million

In

Salisu 40 million

Dennis 20 million

Raphinha 40 million

Ajer 20 million

Lookman 15 million

.....I think we would struggle to get £50m for Nacho!!!

Soyuncu is a steal at £30m, Salisu maybe have Premier League experience but better value elsewhere, he is not that good. Dennis price is good but once again better value overseas. Watched Raphina on YouTube, not surre what the fuss is all about. Ajer has had very good reviews, jury is still out on Lookman.

44 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I think we would struggle to get £50m for Nacho!!!

Soyuncu is a steal at £30m, Salisu maybe have Premier League experience but better value elsewhere, he is not that good. Dennis price is good but once again better value overseas. Watched Raphina on YouTube, not surre what the fuss is all about. Ajer has had very good reviews, jury is still out on Lookman.

Yea you're probably right about Nacho, I do feel like he is worth at least that much but we probably wouldn't get that money. I really rate Salisu as a partner for Fofana, feel like he could be brilliant, in the brief period since he's been out for injury Southampton have fallen apart. Raphinha imo is a brilliant player, maybe not quite consistent enough for a Champions League club but his numbers speak for themselves, and when I've watched Leeds he's capable of great things.

Lookman I could take or leave.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we have to get rid of Iheanacho

Iheanacho 50 million

Tielemans 40 million

Soyuncu 30 million

Mendy 5 million

Choudhury 7 million

In

Salisu 40 million

Dennis 20 million

Raphinha 40 million

Ajer 20 million

Lookman 15 million

Think the outs are a bit high unfortuantely, and Dennis and Raphinha are a bit inconsistent

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kuredufox said:

Do not want to get this thread all about Lookman but alot of his hard work goes undetected such as winning the ball back for the second yesterday. For a small amount of money you have a player who knows the systems of the club, chips in with goals and is a steady 7 out of 10 . No Brainer

agree with this as a direct replacement for barnes when he needs a rest or rotated - ON THE LEFT!  A million per cent no if they ever try and play him right wing again

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

If Everton were to go down what about the young winger Gordon from them? Can play either side can’t he?

Yeah started out as a striker and now plays RW/LW. Some good comments on their forum.

Sounds like he is a KDH/Albrighton type of player, non stop running, immense work rate and energy. A bit raw in terms of end product, but is also let down by those around him.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shane said:

Apparently Richards has asked to leave because he doesn't want to come back and sit on the bench. According to Bild, Bayern are close to signing Ginter on a free so Richards is never going to play for them.

He'd be a calculated risk just like Fofana, Justin, etc, but these are the type of players we should be going for!!!

Apparently he's available for 10-15mill so he could cost us less than Vestergaard lol.

Good opportunity to tap into the American market too, which would help boost our following overseas. 

...snap their hands off!!!

He seems a quality player, two footed, has played left and right back also but predominantly a Centre Back. He looks like the steady one at the back and would suit playing with Fofana who likes to go forward.

8 hours ago, Shane said:

Apparently Richards has asked to leave because he doesn't want to come back and sit on the bench. According to Bild, Bayern are close to signing Ginter on a free so Richards is never going to play for them.

He'd be a calculated risk just like Fofana, Justin, etc, but these are the type of players we should be going for!!!

Apparently he's available for 10-15mill so he could cost us less than Vestergaard lol.

Good opportunity to tap into the American market too, which would help boost our following overseas. 

Hellooooooo

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

By no means a priority but I’d be selling Castagne and going for Spence, he’s class 

Yup scored again yesterday, would love here and we could get Johnson aswell he also scored 

2 up and coming players that even Spurs and Arsenal let alone teams like Brighton band Brentford are interested in

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 3

People really underestimate the impact one window can have.

For instance, had we gone for Guehi + Spence last summer, coincidentally two of my suggestions, there's no doubt in my mind we would be pushing for Europe once again....

Or at the very least, in an exceptional position this coming summer, with two additional homegrown players also added to the squad. But instead of two young talented prospects, who can already offer competition for the first team, we've got another summer of needing to sign over half a dozen players again....Which isn't possible, because we won't be able to shift Bertrand and Vestergaard.

Deadwood - Vestergaard, Bertrand, Choudhury, Mendy, Albrighton, Perez.

So we need to get rid of the above six and take financial hits, and replace them with 6 quality players, whilst potentially replacing Tielemans too.

We don't have £150/200 million to spend to achieve all the above. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

People really underestimate the impact one window can have.

For instance, had we gone for Guehi + Spence last summer, coincidentally two of my suggestions, there's no doubt in my mind we would be pushing for Europe once again....

Or at the very least, in an exceptional position this coming summer, with two additional homegrown players also added to the squad. But instead of two young talented prospects, who can already offer competition for the first team, we've got another summer of needing to sign over half a dozen players again....Which isn't possible, because we won't be able to shift Bertrand and Vestergaard.

Deadwood - Vestergaard, Bertrand, Choudhury, Mendy, Albrighton, Perez.

So we need to get rid of the above six and take financial hits, and replace them with 6 quality players, whilst potentially replacing Tielemans too.

We don't have £150/200 million to spend to achieve all the above. 

Firmly with you on Guehi and Spence and sticking to the model that has worked well for us with signing young homegrown players who Rodgers can develop. 

However, Albrighton as Deadwood is over the top. Yes we can say he may lose possession with passing quality and crosses, however he still gives us everything and offers us a lot more than other wide players at this stage. 

We have another quarter final in Europe to look forward too, top class training facilities, an academy that has developed 2 of our better players in KDH and Barnes, plus Thomas who has played more minutes than we would have expected due to injury and will only improve. Fofana is back and looking like he has never been away, Vardy will be back in a couple of weeks for the run in. We were in League 1 only around a decade ago. No other club in world football has done what we have been so lucky to be apart off. Even though we have all been disappointed this could yet turn into a good season with a European run, and backed up with a good transfer window. Not easy of course, but that would never be the Leicester way.  

At least one RW and a CB are priorities. Plus a replacement for any key player leaving. When everyone is fit out squad is broadly very strong. I personally think we should go for second RW, one established pro with a younger backup. Would be ideal to have a RW who can also fill in up top to add depth. 

I expect we will lose Mendy, Perez, Praet, and maybe Castagne and Amartey. Vardy and Evans will be in the squad but in a similar to way to Morgan and Fuchs in their final seasons I expect.

Tielemans may see out his contract and go on a free. 

Edited by FoxesWalk