Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Chances of Madueke coming here are as slim as ever. He has no CV against PL defenders and looking at Sancho's struggle ,he would have even less chance of making an impact. We can't take anymore expensive chances on attackers who don't shape up . I am hoping Daka can make the transition  but I am concerned Rodgers keeps overlooking him.

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Chances of Madueke coming here are as slim as ever. He has no CV against PL defenders and looking at Sancho's struggle ,he would have even less chance of making an impact. We can't take anymore expensive chances on attackers who don't shape up . I am hoping Daka can make the transition  but I am concerned Rodgers keeps overlooking him.

Well given we spent most of last summer trying to sign him when he had even less of a CV I think you're very much mistaken. He's likely our number 1 choice again, very much like Fofana was in defence. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well given we spent most of last summer trying to sign him when he had even less of a CV I think you're very much mistaken. He's likely our number 1 choice again, very much like Fofana was in defence. 

We shall see but as we have a roll call of failed attacking purchases as long as your arm, I hope not. In recent years only Maddison and Tielemans have become core players and they have had their issues.

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We shall see but as we have a roll call of failed attacking purchases as long as your arm, I hope not. In recent years only Maddison and Tielemans have become core players and they have had their issues.

Supposed proven players in midfield and attack have been no better either, its nothing to do with that its to do with us having an obvious weakness at recruiting such players. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

PSV want 25-30m for him, on chance we would pay that and loan him back 

Yeah at that price no way. I just can't see him being the solution to our RW problems if he isn't even starting every week at PSV.. 20/21 is very young to walk into a prem side starting lineup. Fofana is extremely rare and it's no comparison. 

33 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Yeah at that price no way. I just can't see him being the solution to our RW problems if he isn't even starting every week at PSV.. 20/21 is very young to walk into a prem side starting lineup. Fofana is extremely rare and it's no comparison. 

....got the feeling when he re-signed last summer, then the price would be £40m or around that area, and price us out of it!!!

£25 -30m is a good price as we are in effect paying for potential, as opposed to proven quality, where the quality that we need comes at a price. Unlike United who can sit and watch us develop a player, see him make the grade and then swoop in, to prise them away, we do not have that option.

Can't see how we would pick him up and leave him at PSV (as has been suggested) too much of an asset to rely another team to play with.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Not starting every week because he was injured for 4 months. Prior to that he was playing every game and since he's returned he's their first choice but they are rotating due to being in so many competitions, fighting for the title and probably aware he was injured for a while, came back for 1 game and got injured again so being cautious.

• Like 2

Ismael kandouss from Belgium champions.... Cb. Right footed but can play lcb and rcb. 

I'd still prefer aguerd.... Or that lad from mainz but also a good option. We need a slightly experienced defender and a young one as i reckon soyuncu goes this summer 

50 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

“Goalgetter Joël Piroe draws the attention of #Leicester City and can earn PSV quite a bit of extra money. See:“

Can open a thread if you want, but we’re linked with Joël Piroe again.

He's having a very good season, we were linked before Xmas too as a potential replacement for Iheanacho.

54 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

“Goalgetter Joël Piroe draws the attention of #Leicester City and can earn PSV quite a bit of extra money. See:“

Can open a thread if you want, but we’re linked with Joël Piroe again.

Scored about 20 goals in his first season for Swansea, quite incredible and he's only 22.

Swansea got him for 1m from PSV....what a bargain buy

Think the next stage is the Premiership and we should get him before he becomes a hit for teams like Brighton and Southampton in the summer

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

On 08/04/2022 at 18:14, LestaLad said:

“Leicester City scouts will watch Beşiktaş - Alanyaspor match.“

We have a scout at this game, wonder who we could be watching? 

Link has come out for Ridvan Yilmaz - Besiktas 20 year old left back

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-will-compete-two-clubs-signing-foxes-advantage-player-wants-go-england/

Leicester ‘will compete’ with two other clubs for signing – Foxes have advantage as player ‘wants to go’ to England

Leicester City are one of several sides monitoring Beşiktaş defender Rıdvan Yılmaz.

The 20-year-old came up through the ranks of the Turkish club’s youth system before he found his way into their first team in 2019.

Operating mainly as the left-back, he made 23 league appearances this season, managing three goals and four assists in the process. Yılmaz’s last assist came in his side’s 4-1 win over Alanyaspor at the weekend.

According to TGRT Haber, Leicester, Torino and VfB Stuttgart representatives watched the fullback in action in the Black Eagles’ last tie.

The aforementioned three clubs ‘will compete with each other’ for his signature in the next window. One of these sides have made the highest bid of €6m for the player, but Beşiktaş expects a fee of around €10m to part ways with the Turkey international.

Yılmaz received offers to leave the Istanbul club last summer, but he decided to stay put to play in the Champions League this season.

The report states things would be different at the end of this campaign. They further add he ‘wants to go’ to England. The left-back favouring a move to the Premier League would come as a boost for Brendan Rodgers’ side.

It remains to seen whether or not Leicester will offer €10m to Beşiktaş to sign Yılmaz in the next window.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-will-compete-two-clubs-signing-foxes-advantage-player-wants-go-england/

Leicester ‘will compete’ with two other clubs for signing – Foxes have advantage as player ‘wants to go’ to England

Leicester City are one of several sides monitoring Beşiktaş defender Rıdvan Yılmaz.

The 20-year-old came up through the ranks of the Turkish club’s youth system before he found his way into their first team in 2019.

Operating mainly as the left-back, he made 23 league appearances this season, managing three goals and four assists in the process. Yılmaz’s last assist came in his side’s 4-1 win over Alanyaspor at the weekend.

According to TGRT Haber, Leicester, Torino and VfB Stuttgart representatives watched the fullback in action in the Black Eagles’ last tie.

The aforementioned three clubs ‘will compete with each other’ for his signature in the next window. One of these sides have made the highest bid of €6m for the player, but Beşiktaş expects a fee of around €10m to part ways with the Turkey international.

Yılmaz received offers to leave the Istanbul club last summer, but he decided to stay put to play in the Champions League this season.

The report states things would be different at the end of this campaign. They further add he ‘wants to go’ to England. The left-back favouring a move to the Premier League would come as a boost for Brendan Rodgers’ side.

It remains to seen whether or not Leicester will offer €10m to Beşiktaş to sign Yılmaz in the next window.

Signing him would suggest someone on the way out? Bertrand I forgot about so could be him? 5 for 2 positions seems a lot though? Maybe something in Castagne wanting out?

I don’t know if it is realistic but if Gabriel Jesus is surplus to requirements at Man City then I think he would suit our play very well. He is more than just a striker but can do almost everything. Quick young strong and a tireless worker. Knows where the back of the net is. 

Edited by Supergray22

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I thought it might well be him having gone through their squad. He's a very bright prospect but given Ricardo has just signed a new deal and Luke Thomas is the back up left back to either Justin or Castagne then someone needs to leave if we sign this lad. My money is still on being tempted to sell Castagne but thinking about it Ricardo ought to be the one to be moved on.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought it might well be him having gone through their squad. He's a very bright prospect but given Ricardo has just signed a new deal and Luke Thomas is the back up left back to either Justin or Castagne then someone needs to leave if we sign this lad. My money is still on being tempted to sell Castagne but thinking about it Ricardo ought to be the one to be moved on.

Yeah I think we only sign him if someone moves on

But with Ricardo and JJ having signed new deals I just can’t see it being them or Thomas, and with the interest from big clubs in Italy in Timmy it could be him

On 10/04/2022 at 23:55, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Scored about 20 goals in his first season for Swansea, quite incredible and he's only 22.

Swansea got him for 1m from PSV....what a bargain buy

Think the next stage is the Premiership and we should get him before he becomes a hit for teams like Brighton and Southampton in the summer

Not seen this guy so can't comment too much, one word of caution would be Ollie McBurnie managed to also score 20 goals for Swansea in the championship and he plays football like he's trying to ride a unicycle at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

I don’t know if it is realistic but if Gabriel Jesus is surplus to requirements at Man City then I think he would suit our play very well. He is more than just a striker but can do almost everything. Quick young strong and a tireless worker. Knows where the back of the net is. 

He'd have his pick of CL clubs across Europe, Italian sides for example would be all over him. He wouldn't come here.

34 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not seen this guy so can't comment too much, one word of caution would be Ollie McBurnie managed to also score 20 goals for Swansea in the championship and he plays football like he's trying to ride a unicycle at the same time.

Style of play is what's most important though, McBurnie is a classic old fashioned striker who gets on the end of crosses which many Championship clubs can prosper in. Piroe is a highly technical player that is evidently too good for the Championship but could still struggle in the PL, like the likes of Fabio Borini did having done very similar.

• Like 2