Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Piroe, Kalimuendo, Cho… all actual strikers, CDK can also play upfront…

Looks like we are after a new striker, not too sure why unless Nacho is leaving really, not sure we can fit 4 strikers in unless we got to a 2 up top system

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Piroe, Kalimuendo, Cho… all actual strikers, CDK can also play upfront…

Looks like we are after a new striker, not too sure why unless Nacho is leaving really, not sure we can fit 4 strikers in unless we got to a 2 up top system

Another we should look at as a Perez replacement/striker replacement is: Julio Enciso

Absolutely ripping up South America.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Style of play is what's most important though, McBurnie is a classic old fashioned striker who gets on the end of crosses which many Championship clubs can prosper in. Piroe is a highly technical player that is evidently too good for the Championship but could still struggle in the PL, like the likes of Fabio Borini did having done very similar.

You are being a bit too kind there to McBurnie imo Ric with the "old fashioned" description. Carthorse, donkey or something like that would be more fitting :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is tidy young German DM playing for Austria Vienna.  Eric Martel -19 years old.  Unfortunately on loan from RB Leipzig so  probably no chance.

On 11/04/2022 at 10:36, moore_94 said:

Link has come out for Ridvan Yilmaz - Besiktas 20 year old left back

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-will-compete-two-clubs-signing-foxes-advantage-player-wants-go-england/

Leicester ‘will compete’ with two other clubs for signing – Foxes have advantage as player ‘wants to go’ to England

Leicester City are one of several sides monitoring Beşiktaş defender Rıdvan Yılmaz.

The 20-year-old came up through the ranks of the Turkish club’s youth system before he found his way into their first team in 2019.

Operating mainly as the left-back, he made 23 league appearances this season, managing three goals and four assists in the process. Yılmaz’s last assist came in his side’s 4-1 win over Alanyaspor at the weekend.

According to TGRT Haber, Leicester, Torino and VfB Stuttgart representatives watched the fullback in action in the Black Eagles’ last tie.

The aforementioned three clubs ‘will compete with each other’ for his signature in the next window. One of these sides have made the highest bid of €6m for the player, but Beşiktaş expects a fee of around €10m to part ways with the Turkey international.

Yılmaz received offers to leave the Istanbul club last summer, but he decided to stay put to play in the Champions League this season.

The report states things would be different at the end of this campaign. They further add he ‘wants to go’ to England. The left-back favouring a move to the Premier League would come as a boost for Brendan Rodgers’ side.

It remains to seen whether or not Leicester will offer €10m to Beşiktaş to sign Yılmaz in the next window.

....just had to take a look!!!

Very short video of him going forward, but from what you see, he looks like quality. Fantastic balls played into the box, something that Luke Thomas excelled at when he first burst on the scene, but is no longer a feature of his game, where i felt it was his biggest attribute. For £10m or less, I would definitely want him here.

Priority will be to get rid of the deadwood, so we can actually bring players in.

I'd also look at the likes of Iversen, Wright and Nelson over pre season.

We're desperate for attacking and creative players though.

We've got three strikers who can all score goals, but besides Barnes, we're so desperately short out wide and at a number 10 position.

I'd bring in 3 players who can play in those positions behind the striker. Two of a higher quality, but then also someone like a Josh Bowler, who wouldn't be expensive but would offer a lot more of a threat that what we currently have on the bench.

A bit of a diamond in the rough but I read this morning due to the crisis in Ukraine Manor Soloman from Donetsk is available for £10m and has been linked with Fulham. An asbolute no brainer in terms of taking a punt on him at that price imo. In a normal climate he'd probably cost 2.5 times that. Have seen him half a dozen times and every time he's been excellent. Confortable on both feet so can play wide either side.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Confortable on both feet so can play wide either side.

image.png.392c2b0f73e7c9ba7017bf559f038073.png

That just isn't the case though.

Even Dimi is more comfortable on the left than he is. Im not saying he isnt an exciting player but he'd just be another Lookman/ Gray being played out of position on the right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

Even Dimi is more comfortable on the left than he is. Im not saying he isnt an exciting player but he'd just be another Lookman/ Gray being played out of position on the right.

Transfermrkt has him listed as 'both' for feet, I've actually seen him play on both sides against Scotland also and look equally as good. He's also comfortable playing as a 10 which would provide better cover for Maddison than nothing at all which is pretty much the case at the moment.

Moot point if it's a done deal to Fulham.

image.png.da286fc391b815932febb4c22b3c1ebb.png

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

....he is much better than Gray or Lookman....!!!

Reminds me of Arteta, he is quality with the ball, links up well, good awareness, if we are looking at £10m then it is a great price.

• Like 1

Ade has knocked in five goals so far, if he gets a couple more he will have had a pretty decent season. I hope we pay the money for him , he can be the heir to Albrighton 's place in the squad. I always thought he is a hard working and committed player. Solomon will be one to watch next season to see if he can team up well with Mitrovic.

55 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ade has knocked in five goals so far, if he gets a couple more he will have had a pretty decent season. I hope we pay the money for him , he can be the heir to Albrighton 's place in the squad. I always thought he is a hard working and committed player. Solomon will be one to watch next season to see if he can team up well with Mitrovic.

Would you have liked Solomon here? You strike me as a fan who does not like to take gambles on unproven young talent - you regularly highlight that but Solomon is very raw, his stats in a very dubious league are nothing special. He's got something about him though, will be interesting to see.

If Forest fail to get promoted and we can manage to snag Johnson, I would be well pleased with him as the RW choice - Madueke's injury issues this season have put me off a little. 

Out

Tielemans £25 million

Soyuncu £25 million

Perez, Choudhury, Vestergaard, Bertrand - £5 million+

In

Johnson £25 million

Lookman £15 million

New CB £15 million

If we sign someone who can replace Maddison as the RW in our current formation, then I feel like Maddison and a returning Praet would do well enough to cover for Tielemans' departure centrally, at least for this coming season. 

If we sold Ndidi to Aston Villa I'd love to see us bring in Sangaré and a high quality box to box central mid like Caqueret. 

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Would you have liked Solomon here? You strike me as a fan who does not like to take gambles on unproven young talent - you regularly highlight that but Solomon is very raw, his stats in a very dubious league are nothing special. He's got something about him though, will be interesting to see.

I think Fulham with the extremely powerful Mitrovic leading the attack might suit a small player like Solomon better. I like Lookman's mobility , he finds space wide and centrally and I think he is an ideal back up forward. We have four main strikers in Vardy,Iheanacho, Barnes and Daka and I think Ade can fit in with any of them.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I think Fulham with the extremely powerful Mitrovic leading the attack might suit a small player like Solomon better. I like Lookman's mobility , he finds space wide and centrally and I think he is an ideal back up forward. We have four main strikers in Vardy,Iheanacho, Barnes and Daka and I think Ade can fit in with any of them.

He's one of those players that is an unbelievable player at championship level but has never been able to sustain it and prove himself in the premier league as a serious goalscorer

• Like 1

On 14/04/2022 at 05:51, Nicolo Barella said:

If Forest fail to get promoted and we can manage to snag Johnson, I would be well pleased with him as the RW choice - Madueke's injury issues this season have put me off a little. 

Out

Tielemans £25 million

Soyuncu £25 million

Perez, Choudhury, Vestergaard, Bertrand - £5 million+

In

Johnson £25 million

Lookman £15 million

New CB £15 million

If we sign someone who can replace Maddison as the RW in our current formation, then I feel like Maddison and a returning Praet would do well enough to cover for Tielemans' departure centrally, at least for this coming season. 

If we sold Ndidi to Aston Villa I'd love to see us bring in Sangaré and a high quality box to box central mid like Caqueret. 

I really don't see Praet coming back. It's rare a player of his age goes on loan as a "tune up". Think he'll be sold.

We won't be able to shift Vestergaard or Bertrand. I would expect outgoings to be: Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, possibly Ndidi and Soyuncu.

Which leaves us very, very vulnerable in the middle of the park. We'd be left with Maddison, KDH, Soumare and Mendy. That's not sustainable for a top flight club with our ambitions.

David Carmo (Braga centre-back) played and scored last night in their defeat to Rangers. He spent over a year out since breaking his leg in Feb 2021 but I'm pretty sure we were heavily linked with him before that (although apparently he almost joined Liverpool before signing a new deal with Braga).

I wonder how well he's come back in general and if we're still keeping tabs on him.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I really don't see Praet coming back. It's rare a player of his age goes on loan as a "tune up". Think he'll be sold.

We won't be able to shift Vestergaard or Bertrand. I would expect outgoings to be: Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, possibly Ndidi and Soyuncu.

Which leaves us very, very vulnerable in the middle of the park. We'd be left with Maddison, KDH, Soumare and Mendy. That's not sustainable for a top flight club with our ambitions.

Fair enough on Praet. I hope that if we do sell him we don't discount him too ridiculously 

If Ndidi left, we would have more than enough money to replace him and Tielemans comfortably. Someone like Sangaré or Anguissa if Napoli don't cough up, could take his role for 25 million or so, and we would have a good sum for someone like Laimer, Kokcu or Caqueret to come in for Tielemans, with enough left over for another forward-thinking midfielder for depth.