Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

What is it with Mitrovic? He totally destroys Championship defenses but can't find the goal in the premiership no matter how hard he looks. A player of enormous strength and good feet yet something must be missing.

I agree, but that would alter if he came to the King Power.

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I agree, but that would alter if he came to the King Power.

He doesn't seem a natural fit for us , that has been said many times. Yet a player who has nearly 200 goals in his career at 27 y.o. has to be respected.

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He doesn't seem a natural fit for us , that has been said many times. Yet a player who has nearly 200 goals in his career at 27 y.o. has to be respected.

He certainly knows where the goal is and when you consider other signing we have made of the years this is a no brainer to me.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

What is it with Mitrovic? He totally destroys Championship defenses but can't find the goal in the premiership no matter how hard he looks. A player of enormous strength and good feet yet something must be missing.

Shows the gulf in talent required 

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He's a beast at international level aswell. It is abit strange to see him completely ineffective like last season.

20 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Might be getting on a bit but this is exactly what Brendan’s after 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Wei_(footballer,_born_1985

I clicked the link this morning and thought you’d lost your mind.

Revisiting the thread in the evening after a few pints, I see what you’re getting at 😅

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2022 at 15:59, AjcW said:

BASTARDS!!! That's all I ask...

- A BIG UGLY BASTARD of a Centre Back

- A RIGHT BLOODY BASTARD Centre Mid

- A LARGE HEADING BASTARD Centre Forward

Once we've added a tricky RW we'll have more than enough flair to counteract the bastards lol 

In terms of Swaps for those we might lose... JWP for Youri please, he's peaking and I want those two or three peak years to be with us! 

• Haha 3

On 11/02/2022 at 15:50, sacreblueits442 said:

....we have to go for it, just the way he moves around the pitch and his delicate touches make it a gamble worth taking!!!

We look at players being picked up for pennies and wonder why we were not part of trhat argument, we need to go for it. If it means getting Berardi and him for a combined £40m then by all means, go for it.

Tsygankov is another I'm convinced would do well in the PL, only a year left on his contract come the summer. Goals and assists machine in the Ukranian league.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2022 at 12:49, Vindaloo FOX said:

Moussa Niakhaté - CB

Good shout this :thumbup:

Mainz have the best defensive record in the Bundesliga & Niakhate is their captain. Contract ends in 2023, so he could end up being a relatively cheap signing. 

Obligatory Youtube video:

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Mainz have the best defensive record in the Bundesliga & Niakhate is their captain. Contract ends in 2023, so he could end up being a relatively cheap signing. 

...he does have a tendency to have his hands on players backs!!!

It invites a question and a reason for the ref to become involved. A bit too much of a liability. 

9 hours ago, Shane said:

Yes mate, I have friend who supports Mainz here in Thailand, he raves about how good he is.

Also he feels he will leave in the summer for cheap.

We should be all over this.

• Like 3

If Rodgers is right (& I know it’s a big if) that we need 5-6 players in the summer, then I wouldn’t mind Soyuncu Tielemans & Iheanacho leading the leaving party. That’s the best part of £100M any day. Add what you can get & what you save by shifting Mendy, Praet, Jakupovic & Perez and it’s clear the club won’t have to put too much money in to pay for the summer spending.

Tarks

CDK

a left-footed RW

a mobile, physical 4/6

for sure.

Is it too much to hope that a frontline GK is on the list too?