Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

In keeping with the title of this thread and having had time to think about it I am happy so far. If there is one thing I don’t want is to do is waste money on duds just for the sake of signing them.

I recall a few years ago how one of our big announcements was Mahrez signing a new deal, this was before we hit the heights. The point I am making is I would rather get our own house in order before adding to it. So, Fofana, KDH, JJ, Riccy on new deals is great business. I would rather we get everyone fit, work on set piece defending and see progress from Daka right now before throwing fresh meat into the grinder.

We haven’t got much money to throw about so I am happy to consolidate in this way and look to add sensibly if we have a Youri shaped hole to fill.

That’s just me though, fairly pragmatic and probably a bit boring for these boards.

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan
14 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Of course Tielemans still plays lol 

Tielemans could move to Arsenal or Newcastle and Brendan would still have him down as first name on the team sheet 

😄

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

very much like vardy.. a timeless player 

Have you not watched him this season?

The guy fell off a cliff after his ankle injury in 20/21, hasn't been the same since. He's going back to Belgium to get some regular gametime to stand any chance of making the WC squad

6 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

The guy fell off a cliff after his ankle injury in 20/21, hasn't been the same since. He's going back to Belgium to get some regular gametime to stand any chance of making the WC squad

Did you not watch US last season? lol

3 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Did you not watch US last season? lol

Silly question, but where would he even fit with us? He's limited to playing centrally because he's losing his legs, another right footer, whats the point. Not to mention it wouldn't work on his side either because he needs major minutes

17 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I havent at all recently... just going purely off of his stats so ill have to trust you on that. On paper though he has something to offer, Its more his mentality that im interested in, we lack  driven players like that in this squad.  If we manage to clear out the dead wood obviously

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Danny280995 said:

Choudhury

Albrighton 

Amartey

Soyuncu 

Tielemans 

Perez

Nacho

Soumare

Bertrand 

Vestergaard 

Praet

All these need to go, that would be fantastic....but won't happen

...there is a lot of work to do around this squad!!!

Choudhury - Needs to go for his career. 

Albrighton - Will be part of Rodgers staff. Just my opinion. 

Amartey - Keep, good enough backup.

Soyuncu - sell, we need the money. 

Tielemans - Sell we need the money 

Perez - Sell, we need the money 

Nacho - Never a fit as a lone striker. Sell

Soumare- Surprise underachievement. Sell

Bertrand - Covid took him down. Sell

Vestergaard - Panic buy, we got it wrong. Sell

Praet - Face does not fit at the club. Sell

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Like 3

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Danny280995 said:

Choudhury

Albrighton 

Amartey

Soyuncu 

Tielemans 

Perez

Nacho

Soumare

Bertrand 

Vestergaard 

Praet

All these need to go, that would be fantastic....but won't happen

This list shows what I’ve been saying for yonks. The first team on its day can give anyone a game. But if we get injuries to any key players, they have to be replaced with, in most cases, a significantly inferior player. I think we have a very very average ‘squad’ of players. We are relying on our better players not being injured which is very risky, given that Maddison, Evans, Wilf, Vardy and Little Wes are all prone to picking up injuries.

Some people have suggested we’ll end up 4th this season. 
Can’t see it personally.

why do fenerbache fans think they are signing vardy 😂

not just think it but they are debating whether he’s good enough…. the absolute cheek of it!!! 

my favourite tweet below : “he was born that way when he was born” 

B99BDBFC-7FB4-44DA-8E4E-0B44B4DFA11F.jpeg

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

not just think it but they are debating whether he’s good enough…. the absolute cheek of it!!! 

Football fans are charmingly delusional.  You only have to spend thirty minutes in this forum to realise that.  O07 Jack Reacher 🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Maybe it’s a different Jamie Vardy or has Chappers been sold under the guise of vardy ????????? :whistle:

I'm genuinely not panicking. We have a good squad. It's even more competitive this season, as we have no European football.

If we look at what is actually likely to happen, rather than what we all want to happen, I'd still be happy with that outcome. 

I think we will ship out Jakupovic, Daley-Campbell (both already gone), Soyuncu, Praet, Choudhury, Soumare, and Perez.

We'll bring in a replacement for Soyuncu, (probably Colwill), Lookman, and a right sided attacker (whether that CDK, Benny B or Madueke), and Iversen will be in the squad.

IF Tielemans leaves, we'll probably replace him with Kokcu.

Can't see us moving either Vestergaard or Bertrand, and i personally don't want to lose Amartey or Mendy.

I'm happy enough with that as an outcome.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

In a minority but I’m finding it more concerning year on year that a new number 1 isn’t part of the incomings. 

Fair comment, I think we are well stocked with some really highly rated young GK's in the academy which is probably why the club aren't worried about a replacement number 1 currently.  

Also saves us a shit ton of money if we can bring the youth through. 

8 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Fair comment, I think we are well stocked with some really highly rated young GK's in the academy which is probably why the club aren't worried about a replacement number 1 currently.  

Also saves us a shit ton of money if we can bring the youth through. 

How good is our academy though? Genuine question as I have no time to watch development squad games or catch up on things like this.

We never sell academy players for decent sums of money though and we have brought through only a handful of u23s to the first team.

• Like 1

Just now, StinckleyFox said:

How good is our academy though? Genuine question as I have no time to watch development squad games or catch up on things like this.

We never sell academy players for decent sums of money though and we have brought through only a handful of u23s to the first team.

Yeah I see what you mean. Been lucky enough to go to a fair few games last season and always been keen on youth football and who's coming through, we definitely have some talent in our set up, Alves, Braybrooke, Wanya Marcal and Macateer to name a few, 3 of those have made debuts and Braybrooke has featured on the bench a number of times, I think we just have to be patient sometimes with young players. 

You are right there hasn't been many noticeable sales from the academy recently however I think the investment in the training ground will allow us to attract some real talent from a young age which is the model the club should be and is aiming for imo.

But I think as someone mentioned on here before we have 5 or 6 Youth team keepers who all represent their national team at u21 level, whether they will fulfil there potential is another thing but from what I have seen/read we are quite blessed with academy goalkeepers currently. 

I reckon if we looked to sell Iversen we could fetch up to £10-15m. 

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Should be happening now. 

In an ideal world, yes but the least of our worries. We aren't going to drop Schmeichel yet until next summer at the earliest when his contract ends so what's the point yet?