Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

BR saying that we would target the Fri he players of big clubs that are not getting g any regular game time…

any credible links ? Curtis jones a few weeks ago…

and Harry Winks… 🙈 is this really the best we can do??

4 minutes ago, Rigga said:

BR saying that we would target the Fri he players of big clubs that are not getting g any regular game time…

Curtís Jones is good. Winks sucks.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 hours ago, Rigga said:

Did he say this?

I just want one Brazilian player through the door. In the last 5 years, Arsenal have had 4 Brazilians called Gabriel alone (3 of which are on their books now): Gabriel Paulista, Gabriel Magalhães, Gabriel Martinelli and

Gabriel Jesus. Disgusting.

• Haha 2

At this stage it looks like only minor squad changes are likely with us hanging on for Youri, or perhaps more precisely Arsenal, making a decision.

if we get a left-footed right winger, a replacement for Youri and Perez, Cags, Hamza and Perez go then we are not in a bad place numbers wise.

The key then is the work Brendan does on the training ground to get us organised / defensively tight plus we are relying on Evans staying fit.  Would still like us to get Colwill in as I don’t see Evans staying the course and playing more than 20-25 games.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Best highlights reel of the summer so far.  That's what my transfer window has come to. Rating reels.  With the neck tattoo and hair I was immediately prejudiced in the way tedious middle aged men are.  But what is not to like about this lad.  Pacey, skillful, fearsome shot and can pick a pass.  

No tangible links I assume?   Of course not.

Get him ducking in! 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

...he looks really good!!!

Seems adept on both wings and loves to shoot across the keeper. Like the way he plays that killer pass and brings his supporting attackers into the game. He then later, seem to want to shoot at every opportunity and that does tend to detract from what I feel is the best part of his game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

At this stage it looks like only minor squad changes are likely with us hanging on for Youri, or perhaps more precisely Arsenal, making a decision.

if we get a left-footed right winger, a replacement for Youri and Perez, Cags, Hamza and Perez go then we are not in a bad place numbers wise.

The key then is the work Brendan does on the training ground to get us organised / defensively tight plus we are relying on Evans staying fit.  Would still like us to get Colwill in as I don’t see Evans staying the course and playing more than 20-25 games.

We definitely need at least one CB I think. With Evans and Fofana we're at least better but if Soyuncu and Amartey are our backups then we're one injury away from being atrocious at defending and attacking set pieces again. If we can solve the CB problem then we're halfway towards challenging forna European place already without any other additions.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he looks really good!!!

Seems adept on both wings and loves to shoot across the keeper. Like the way he plays that killer pass and brings his supporting attackers into the game. He then later, seem to want to shoot at every opportunity and that does tend to detract from what I feel is the best part of his game.

He’s the left footed right winger we need. 

He’s a talent for sure. 

The type of player that Manchester City would pick up though! 

30 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Sadly I think you are right. Can’t see any links to him though. 

There won't be any links, I put him forward as one to watch last year and that's put the kiss of death on it sadly. 

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s the left footed right winger we need. 

He’s a talent for sure. 

The type of player that Manchester City would pick up though! 

.. I doubt if Man. City would be looking to bring him in!!!

Market Value is £7.2m on Transfer Market, we should be involved in enquiries for this player.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There won't be any links, I put him forward as one to watch last year and that's put the kiss of death on it sadly. 

I can remeber that. Started to get a bit excited for a moment there. Looks like we are still in gridlock. 

I was watching a few highlights of him just over a year or so ago and thought it'd be great if we took a chance on him. Next day he signed for Man Citeh! 

Trouble is they will want more than double what they paid so taking a chance is now more like taking a risk (is that different? Probably not, but sounds worse). But if it's a loan then if we can get a relatively low option in there so we're not just shop windowing him then it's a goer! Always interesting to know if they're buying players like this with the intention ofgetting them into the first team or it's just a revenue exercise.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No links sadly! Get your application in for the recruitment team. 

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

This guy looks the nuts. Left footed 19 year old Brazilian right winger/rhs attacker. Gerrimmmin on loan

....talented player, show him down the line and he runs into dead ends!!!

He does tend to make bad decisions, holds on the ball too longer and gets crowded out, and needs to release someone and not wait until the option is gone.