Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

33 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Word is Barca will let Alex Collado go on a free if - as expected - they win the Rapinha sweepstakes.  23, left-footed, has played considerable RW as well as attacking mid.  Might be an interesting player to take a flyer on.

Nice shout pal, it's been pretty scandalous what Barca have done with him. Totally stalled his career but he's very gifted and could be the sort of player Rodgers thrives with. There's another at Real in their Castilla team (Arribas) who's a left footed RW/ACM and all their fans can't understand how he's not been promoted to the 1st team yet. 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

While I do agree that the squad is good enough already, we're one injury away from being a laughing stock defending set pieces again.

Also, standing still often means going backwards in this division with other teams making additions. Making signings also pushes existing players and increases morale by showing the existing squad the direction the club is going in.

So potentially by not signing anyone, we could slump and become a squad that's worse than the sum of its parts rather than better.

I'm not normally such a pessimist but I do feel we need at least one or two bodies in to challenge. CB would be my first choice just so it's less likely that Amartey, Soyuncu and possibly Vestergaard get near the team. After that would be the problem RW spot.

Totally agree

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

While I do agree that the squad is good enough already, we're one injury away from being a laughing stock defending set pieces again.

Also, standing still often means going backwards in this division with other teams making additions. Making signings also pushes existing players and increases morale by showing the existing squad the direction the club is going in.

So potentially by not signing anyone, we could slump and become a squad that's worse than the sum of its parts rather than better.

I'm not normally such a pessimist but I do feel we need at least one or two bodies in to challenge. CB would be my first choice just so it's less likely that Amartey, Soyuncu and possibly Vestergaard get near the team. After that would be the problem RW spot.

I completely agree with this post. 

Importantly, in my opinion, BR should make a statement by appointing a set piece coach, or at least naming who is responsible for these, and pinning their colours to the mast. He needs to be seen to seriously be addressing this situation. Even if this make whoever that appointment is a scapegoat. someone needs to take ownership of these set pieces. Get Steve Walsh (ex player not senior) back on the pay role, or Wes Morgan.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we do have countless posters on here which have stipulated the reasons why we find ourselves in this position!!!

1. Revenue to wages - for the big clubs. Bigger fan base,  selling more merchandise, regular Champions League,  keeps the money flowing in.

2. FFP - we are allowed to exceed the threshold, so long as our owners can prove they have the ability to cover the overspend to the tune of £30m. This was to cover the covid period, our aim is to be self sustainable. 

3. Wages to Revenue- we are bloated to an extent and have too many players on our books, but at present we are unable to offload. Taking a player off the books opens up a registration spot, as well as deals with the wages situation.

Thanks for that , I appreciate ur help 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

The squad we have, when all players are fit, will challenge and give the top 4 teams a good game. 

We’ve less games to play, so in theory, lower risk of injuries. 

We’ll do okay this year, even without signing any new players. 

Fair comment, but this summer is the perfect opportunity to move some players on.

It all boils down to contract situations, it doesn’t matter how professional the likes of Youri & Cags are, ideally they both need to be moved on this summer, especially if they aren’t going to sign new contracts.

I believe we have ten players out of contract next summer, we can’t afford to let the majority of them leave for free.

That’s why our sell to buy strategy this summer is key, it might not be the rebuild we were hoping for, but ideally we need to gain fees for Soyuncu, Tielemans, Choudhury or Mendy and Perez, those are the four/five that are out of contract next summer, that ideally need to be moved this summer, so we can spend on replacements.

Add to them the sale of Praet, the potential sale of Vestergaard and the potential loan of Soumare, that should help us strengthen in the wing position, plus getting 1-2 more to revamp the midfield like Rodgers wanted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StinckleyFox said:

If Youri goes :schmike:

Glad someone’s picked up on this kid.

A teammate of Fofana’s for the French Under 21’s.

I’d put him more on the wavelength of KDH tbh, but able to play more further forward as a CAM and offers better work defensively.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Glad someone’s picked up on this kid.

A teammate of Fofana’s for the French Under 21’s.

I’d put him more on the wavelength of KDH tbh, but able to play more further forward as a CAM and offers better work defensively.

I see the comparison to KDH, I think he still has that eye for a pass that tielemans had though. I wouldn't say KDH is on the same level with passing. I know that's a highlight reel so will obviously not show misplaced passes but some of Le Fee's passes out to wingers and wingbacks are incredible. Could see a mid 3 of KDH, Ndidi and Le Fee being well balanced, issue is we still have maddison out wide then.

2 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

If Youri goes :schmike:

Has a bit of Marco Verratti about him - would make a lovely diamond with KDH, Ndidi and Maddison, although I don't think that's what we're recruiting for.

I appreciate we can't rush in to any new signings (albeit due to some awful business last summer), but the more (decent) signings other clubs make, the less likely it is we'll be shifting our deadwood. I'm starting to worry a bit now, truth be told!

32 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Go and sign cornet and stick him on the RW. Would cause most teams a lot of problems!

Likely only the usual transfer speculation but just linked by Alex Crook to Chelsea based on low release clause and ability to cover several positions.

I agree Cornet is a good option for us. Hopefully we don’t leave it too long to get involved in some transfer business.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I've been told that Rogers has told 3 of the first team squad that they're not in his plans next season and to find other clubs. I don't know which 3 that is.

Speculating here; you'd think Perez, Vestergaard and maybe Bertrand? 

2 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

I see the comparison to KDH, I think he still has that eye for a pass that tielemans had though. I wouldn't say KDH is on the same level with passing. I know that's a highlight reel so will obviously not show misplaced passes but some of Le Fee's passes out to wingers and wingbacks are incredible. Could see a mid 3 of KDH, Ndidi and Le Fee being well balanced, issue is we still have maddison out wide then.

Le Fee averages more key passes than Youri & KDH, but he’s not that midfield dictator and progressive passer like Youri.

Le Fee is someone I’d go for if Soumare left on loan, you’d be taking that height aspect away, but Le Fee would be perfect competition for KDH’s position. 

12 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Le Fee averages more key passes than Youri & KDH, but he’s not that midfield dictator and progressive passer like Youri.

Le Fee is someone I’d go for if Soumare left on loan, you’d be taking that height aspect away, but Le Fee would be perfect competition for KDH’s position. 

I think it really depends how rodgers wants to set the midfield up going forward. If we play a 3 of KDH Ndidi Madders then Le Fee would be good back up to KDH, like you say soumare has to be moved on or loaned for that to happen though. And Le Fee would im sure be happy to play second fiddle to KDH on a fair wage, rather than the extortionate wage that soumare has been quoted to be on.

If we played with maddison out right I think Le Fee could progress in to a more progressive passer or carrier, as I said before some of those passes out to the wings across field are so pin point accurate. He looks neat with the 1-2s in the middle of the park in tighter areas aswell, seems a lot more agile and nimble than Youri.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
22 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I honestly don't know.

Bertrand is definitely one of them.