Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

41 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've been told that Rogers has told 3 of the first team squad that they're not in his plans next season and to find other clubs. I don't know which 3 that is.

There were reports in the LM in May on this topic. Based on large wages what is our DofF doing to help facilitate outgoings.

Leicester players told to find new clubs with Rodgers unable to give game-time https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfers-rodgers-sales-7080078?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

Fair comment, but this summer is the perfect opportunity to move some players on.

It all boils down to contract situations, it doesn’t matter how professional the likes of Youri & Cags are, ideally they both need to be moved on this summer, especially if they aren’t going to sign new contracts.

I believe we have ten players out of contract next summer, we can’t afford to let the majority of them leave for free.

That’s why our sell to buy strategy this summer is key, it might not be the rebuild we were hoping for, but ideally we need to gain fees for Soyuncu, Tielemans, Choudhury or Mendy and Perez, those are the four/five that are out of contract next summer, that ideally need to be moved this summer, so we can spend on replacements.

Add to them the sale of Praet, the potential sale of Vestergaard and the potential loan of Soumare, that should help us strengthen in the wing position, plus getting 1-2 more to revamp the midfield like Rodgers wanted.

Don’t disagree with the names you mention but we will struggle to move out Vestergaard based on wages , remaining contract and his performances last year. 

Cags and Youri appear the best chance of sales generating double digit fees, the others are more likely loan deals.

the trouble with Youri is the interest appears from Clubs who want to conclude their other business first and so we may have to wait. Cags seems similar with Inter rumoured to have an interest once Škriniar is sold (PSG most likely).

I’m not starting to lean towards a summer of potentially no permanent signings. 

I think two loans will come in, but probably not until a few players are either sold or loaned out. 

I don’t think it’s solely based on finances either.c but more overall financial management due to having excess players who are all on reasonable contracts, and I think here lies the issue.

There is a possibility that there maybe one completely out of the blue signing, which I have a sneaking feeling might be Noni Madueke if any, and then perhaps a loan at CB. 

It’s the fact there literally not been a sniff of a credible rumour…. That’s what is the most concerning thing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m not starting to lean towards a summer of potentially no permanent signings. 

I think two loans will come in, but probably not until a few players are either sold or loaned out. 

I don’t think it’s solely based on finances either.c but more overall financial management due to having excess players who are all on reasonable contracts, and I think here lies the issue.

There is a possibility that there maybe one completely out of the blue signing, which I have a sneaking feeling might be Noni Madueke if any, and then perhaps a loan at CB. 

It’s the fact there literally not been a sniff of a credible rumour…. That’s what is the most concerning thing.

This is my concern as well. 

Another week gone by and not a word. Just gotta bite our lips and look forward to the season with the squad we have. If anything changes it will be an unexpected suprise. If not no big deal.

1 hour ago, StinckleyFox said:

I think it really depends how rodgers wants to set the midfield up going forward. If we play a 3 of KDH Ndidi Madders then Le Fee would be good back up to KDH, like you say soumare has to be moved on or loaned for that to happen though. And Le Fee would im sure be happy to play second fiddle to KDH on a fair wage, rather than the extortionate wage that soumare has been quoted to be on.

If we played with maddison out right I think Le Fee could progress in to a more progressive passer or carrier, as I said before some of those passes out to the wings across field are so pin point accurate. He looks neat with the 1-2s in the middle of the park in tighter areas aswell, seems a lot more agile and nimble than Youri.

4-3-3 seems the way forward for me, that became the main formation at the back end of last season, that’s what we played with against Notts County on Saturday.

It’s all come down to the form of KDH, it forced Rodgers’ hand to change formation so he could accommodate him, there was no way he was dropping Youri despite his dodgy form. It then left the headache of how to accommodate Maddison, putting him RW wasn’t something that many fans liked, myself included, but at the back end of last season he was contributing from that position, if Rodgers keeps sticking him in that position and he continues to contribute, then Maddison on the right might actually become the norm. 

I think our midfield revamp will come down to letting Soumare, Choudhury & Mendy all leave. We thoroughly expect Youri to go, he’ll surely get replaced with someone like Kokcu. Letting Soumare go out on loan, ideally he’d need to be replaced too, but replacing him with a permanent signing would be pretty strange, do you replace him with an energetic scrapper(Le Fee for example) or someone with height & power. I’d be tempted to try and get Sander Berge or Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan.

Sticking him in a midfield three would give me doubts about our defensive structure, a midfield three of Ndidi, KDH & Maddison could easily get overrun, you’d have to stick KDH on the bench imo. 

Then comes the idea of letting both Mendy & Choudhury leave, I’d rather keep one of them, then let them leave on a free next season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

I see the comparison to KDH, I think he still has that eye for a pass that tielemans had though. I wouldn't say KDH is on the same level with passing. I know that's a highlight reel so will obviously not show misplaced passes but some of Le Fee's passes out to wingers and wingbacks are incredible. Could see a mid 3 of KDH, Ndidi and Le Fee being well balanced, issue is we still have maddison out wide then.

....Wilf really is the key here, could we pick up £60m+ for him at this moment it would be a great thing!!!

KDH and Sangare or a #8 with good defensive stats would work. We do not need to have Maddison out of position because we want to have Wilf in the team and are unwilling to drop KDH.

It will be KDH and another, and it will not include Wilf, it is a tough call but it looks like we are going to be going through the coming season, playing Maddison out wide unless someone makes that call.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Don’t disagree with the names you mention but we will struggle to move out Vestergaard based on wages , remaining contract and his performances last year. 

Cags and Youri appear the best chance of sales generating double digit fees, the others are more likely loan deals.

the trouble with Youri is the interest appears from Clubs who want to conclude their other business first and so we may have to wait. Cags seems similar with Inter rumoured to have an interest once Škriniar is sold (PSG most likely).

Hopefully some gullible German team snap him up. Even if he just leaves on loan, it will be better than rather keeping him around. I don’t think we really need five centre backs next season, especially as we have no European football next season. Fofana, Evans, Amartey and a replacement for Soyuncu would be perfectly ideal.

It might take time, it might take patience, but moving on Soyuncu, Tielemans, Choudhury or Mendy and Perez for a number of reasons is essential. Letting them all go on a free next summer would be madness. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Hopefully some gullible German team snap him up. Even if he just leaves on loan, it will be better than rather keeping him around. I don’t think we really need five centre backs next season, especially as we have no European football next season. Fofana, Evans, Amartey and a replacement for Soyuncu would be perfectly ideal.

It might take time, it might take patience, but moving on Soyuncu, Tielemans, Choudhury or Mendy and Perez for a number of reasons is essential. Letting them all go on a free next summer would be madness. 

Yes, agreed. We defo need CB cover for Evans - if he plays 30 games that will be a positive. Expect we are holding out for Chelsea to decide on Colwill.

6 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I completely agree with this post. 

Importantly, in my opinion, BR should make a statement by appointing a set piece coach, or at least naming who is responsible for these, and pinning their colours to the mast. He needs to be seen to seriously be addressing this situation. Even if this make whoever that appointment is a scapegoat. someone needs to take ownership of these set pieces. Get Steve Walsh (ex player not senior) back on the pay role, or Wes Morgan.

Andy King said;

“Brendan is the most organized coach I have come across, so he will be spending hours and hours and hours I’m sure along with his staff. It’s Mike Stowell who does a lot of the set pieces, he’s always been brilliant with that. It’s been a freak season where it’s all happened.”

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Bertrand is definitely one of them.

Thing is, even if he was told to 'find a new club', it would be a complete waste of breath.

I don't think anyone at the club would actually tell him to go. What would be the point?

Nobody is going to buy/loan a player who is coming back from injury, at his age, with such little time left before the start of the season.

Leicester would know this, but so would anyone who we would want to shift him to.

He's going to have to stay. We might as well get him fit, and review at the next window.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Bertrand is definitely one of them.

I hope you're right but wasn't there a suggestion BR basically forced him in, and they're part of the same agency. Jobs for the boys comes to mind.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

I hope you're right but wasn't there a suggestion BR basically forced him in, and they're part of the same agency. Jobs for the boys comes to mind.

Yeah thrown in with some scouting work or something 

7 hours ago, Craig said:

Andy King said;

“Brendan is the most organized coach I have come across, so he will be spending hours and hours and hours I’m sure along with his staff. It’s Mike Stowell who does a lot of the set pieces, he’s always been brilliant with that. It’s been a freak season where it’s all happened.”

....spending hours and hours on something does not make you organized!!!

On the contrary, it means you lack the capabilities to resolve the problem and the wise thing would be to go to someone who understands the problem. The saying "..busy fools" come to mind.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Haha 1

Not improving the squad and standing still will eventually catch up with us. We are more or less the same squad as 2019-20. 

Even if we sign just 1 player to start every week and no one else, I will take that. 

• Like 3

We’re moving on nobody for anything like decent money. We might get lucky and get a couple out on loan. Or we have to accept the peanuts we will be offered. 

This is NOT the rebuild Rodgers was talking about. You couldn’t have a situation further from his stated desire - at the moment. 

A lack of investment will

undoubtedly cost us. There is no such thing as standing still in the PL. if we are waiting for the guy from Southampton, then why not just say. All seems very odd to me, very poorly planned and that isn't like us at all, or wasn’t. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are only making 1 signing it simply has to be a winger otherwise we are weaker than last season. A LCB and a RW are the priority signings and then a CM or two depending on outgoings. 

For me, LCB is a priority over RW - we can’t rely on Evans staying fit all season, while Maddison was doing well at RW. 

Obviously would love us to sign for both positions! 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2