Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

This transfer window was screwed before it was started. It was screwed going back 2no years when we didn't manage contracts properly and whilst we also didn't encourage players to leave more firmly. 

If we can't get these basics right it's no wonder we've lost the ability to understand the definition of 'buying something'

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I stand by my statement earlier. If we can finish 8th after having a “poor” season, then we’ve proven we will be fine.

This club has something very different at its core than most other clubs, and time and time again we’ve proven doubters wrong. 

I think we’re going to have an excellent season, even if we don’t sign anyone. This is an outstanding club, run properly. We’ve done things we’ve no right to, and we will continue to upset the apple cart. 

I still think we will finish 6th and win a domestic trophy. 

You are as eternally optimistic as me. Well said. We go again. Never give up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He wasn't as bad as their other defenders who all got moves since.....

Cags has got his faults and hasn’t had the best time over the past twelve months or so but we know what he is capable of. Am I the only one on here who wants him to stay?  I know it is probably him pushing for a move and not signing an extension but I would be very happy to see him again in our shirt. 

• Like 1

Just now, Supergray22 said:

Cags has got his faults and hasn’t had the best time over the past twelve months or so but we know what he is capable of. Am I the only one on here who wants him to stay?  I know it is probably him pushing for a move and not signing an extension but I would be very happy to see him again in our shirt. 

I'd want him to stay if he wants to and there's confidence from both management and player that this is the best place for him. On his day he's exceptional.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd want him to stay if he wants to and there's confidence from both management and player that this is the best place for him. On his day he's exceptional.

Exactly. Not impossible by any means. Hope it happens as it would be a big positive for the coming season. 

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hell of a lot of responsibility being put on Brendan here for incomings and outgoings? Exactly what does the Director of Recruitment and Rudkin do if its all on Brendan? 

Brendan's faults in this area is how he handles players he might not want.

....with the current setup and Glover on gardening Leave, Rodgers is more involved at the moment than he would have been!!!

Guest Col city fan

I’ve no issue with Soyuncu staying. I maintain he’s fine when played alongside a better and more steady player.

The Cags/Amartey partnership was shocking imo. Because Soyuncu in that case most definitely wasn’t playing alongside a better and more steady player.

But I’d be happy with him partnering up with Fofana. I think that could work really well

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve no issue with Soyuncu staying. I maintain he’s fine when played alongside a better and more steady player.

The Cags/Amartey partnership was shocking imo. Because Soyuncu in that case most definitely wasn’t playing alongside a better and more steady player.

But I’d be happy with him partnering up with Fofana. I think that could work really well

...seeing Amartey adopting the senior role was worrying!!!

Soyuncu has to take a lot of blame as he seems to be want to take the role shouldering less responsibility. 

I’m 100% behind the other comments about Cags staying if no offers are on the table.

Going from being selected in the Prem Team of the Season to his last 12 months will always be one of the biggest head scratches for me.

Goes to show what confidence does…there is a beast of a player in there just mentally very fragile which is a shame as a CB pairing of him and Fofana = money if ask me.

It is nuts that we're mid-July now and there's not even been a bid for anyone (to our knowledge).

The season kicks off in 3 and a half weeks and it looks like we're going to go into the season without a right winger again.

Have we permanently signed anyone since Ghezzal in 2018 that's an actual RW? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

Puig from Barca has been told he needs to find a new club , gives somebody else for Brendan to speak Spanish to

I'd want him on loan first as I'm very concerned he isn't physical enough to cope with the PL but if he somehow did then his ability is without question.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It is nuts that we're mid-July now and there's not even been a bid for anyone (to our knowledge).

The season kicks off in 3 and a half weeks and it looks like we're going to go into the season without a right winger again.

...you get the feeling it is a conscious effort not to bring one in on a permanent contract!!!

There are lots of RWs out there, yet we choose to look in every other department except the one area that could give us the impetus that we need. 

Aside from us not signing anyone, I find it odd the amount of quality free agents still knocking about 13 days after expiry, with little or no rumours to their names! 

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Totally agree.

One thing I will say about his partnership with Amartey though - it definitely got better over time. Not only do relationships on the field sometimes take time but also when they first came together we were short across the team.  Not only in defence but also across midfield and offensively. Defending is a team activity just as offensively. Given the horrendous injury situation and covid disruption I am proud of the way we coped. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Well that's the important bit isn't it? We literally have no way of reliably know what's going on behind closed doors at the club. 

Leicester have always kept their card close to their chest. Why should they do anything different? It doesn't serve them at all to leak info just to placate fans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Well that's the important bit isn't it? We literally have no way of reliably know what's going on behind closed doors at the club. 

Leicester have always kept their card close to their chest. Why should they do anything different? It doesn't serve them at all to leak info just to placate fans. 

There's lots of parties in negotiations though, whilst the club might not leak it the selling club, agents, the players themselves, friends, family and the other club might.