Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

I'm not buying the 'we have money but have to shift players because of squad places line'. Praet not having a place in the 25 isn't preventing us signing a player.

Anyway, I can see us picking up a few loans, Ceballos on a loan with an option to buy would be a cost effective Tielemans replacement if money is an issue.

• Like 2

On 12/07/2022 at 12:53, Ric Flair said:

Hell of a lot of responsibility being put on Brendan here for incomings and outgoings? Exactly what does the Director of Recruitment and Rudkin do if its all on Brendan? 

Brendan's faults in this area is how he handles players he might not want.

Didnt Brendan make us appoint his own man as head of scouting? Not all the fault for the transfers is his but some of it is.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'm not buying the 'we have money but have to shift players because of squad places line'. Praet not having a place in the 25 isn't preventing us signing a player.

Anyway, I can see us picking up a few loans, Ceballos on a loan with an option to buy would be a cost effective Tielemans replacement if money is an issue.

Probably more that the club don’t want to potentially have 2 or 3 players here until at least January that we can’t use potentially picking up what would likely be £75k a week each

If I owned a business and had a load of assets that the management team weren't using and coating a lot in wages . I would ask why not and get them sold before bring in upgrades. We can't collect players. 2 years of poor recruitment has led to this summer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Probably more that the club don’t want to potentially have 2 or 3 players here until at least January that we can’t use potentially picking up what would likely be £75k a week each

We have that problem anyway (to a lesser extent) anyway. The longer we wait the more expensive players get, the more targets we miss out on and the less settled they are.

Just now, TommyK said:

If I owned a business and had a load of assets that the management team weren't using and coating a lot in wages . I would ask why not and get them sold before bring in upgrades. We can't collect players. 2 years of poor recruitment has led to this summer. 

If I was a business owner, I wouldn't have waited till a key recruitment period to start trying to find new homes for unwanted assets. The club will have you believe they have been planning for this window since January, yet they have apparently had no conversations with any clubs around moving any of these players on? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

If I was a business owner, I wouldn't have waited till a key recruitment period to start trying to find new homes for unwanted assets. The club will have you believe they have been planning for this window since January, yet they have apparently had no conversations with any clubs around moving any of these players on? 

Maybe they have and no one wants our over paid crap?

Edited by TommyK

4 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

For those that watch the younger players can you realistically see any likely to break through this season? 

It largely depends how recruitment goes. We think highly of a few players. The likes of Baybrook and Alves, however they maybe aren’t ready and need a loan like KDH. 

Wright stands a chance. 

Hirst will get reviewed over the next few games, ai’d expect him to go through. 

Nelson might become our Centre Back option. 

Iversen is a funny one, as he needs games. He won’t get those here this season. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Football insider reporting that Wolves will accept a £10 million bid for Traore... he's a flawed player but we should be all over that for that price

He'd make a great Rugby player but he's shocking at football. We saw it the season before last, utterly, utterly wasteful with a number of good chances he had against us and got shut down quite easily in the end because he wouldn't ever pass the ball.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

He'd make a great Rugby player but he's shocking at football. We saw it the season before last, utterly, utterly wasteful with a number of good chances he had against us and got shut down quite easily in the end because he wouldn't ever pass the ball.

His ability to bring the ball forward by sprinting away is incredible, far more impressive than Barnes in that aspect. He wouldn't need to turn into Mahrez to be extremely effective. Simply get him to pass the ball to players who can provide an assist. He has done that at Wolves a number of times in the build up to a goal.

Of course the story is most likely bollocks and we would probably never sign him so it's a moot point.

Edited by TJQuik
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TJQuik said:

His ability to bring the ball forward by sprinting away is incredible, far more impressive than Barnes in that aspect. He wouldn't need to turn into Mahrez to be extremely effective. Simply get him to pass the ball to players who can provide an assist. He has done that at Wolves a number of times in the build up to a goal.

Of course the story is most likely bollocks and we would probably never sign him so it's a moot point.

Think that's a fair assessment.  I saw a fair bit of him at Wolves and yes, he's definitely flawed, but he also created some very good chances that weren't taken by his team mates.  His assist numbers would have been better in a team capable of scoring more goals.  

His finishing is dire mind...

His finishing is dire, but I always get the sense that defenders hate the idea of facing him because he can make them look foolish at any moment with his burst.  I think Traore for all his flaws, has attributes which are quite valuable.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

He'll probably be an Ok addition to have on the bench to come on and bully tired defenders. But he's so iffy with end product. In 19/20 he looked like it'd clicked, but looks like it was just a purple patch. Still only 26 though.

Edited by JimJams

5 hours ago, TJQuik said:

Football insider reporting that Wolves will accept a £10 million bid for Traore... he's a flawed player but we should be all over that for that price

...even at that price I do not want us to bring him in!!!

Not good enough, and there are better less one dimensional players than him.

5 hours ago, TJQuik said:

...if there was one aspect of our game where we could gain an extra 10%,  then, it would be in the last third!!!

Poor decisions and inaccurate passes have continued to plague this team and Traore would only add to the problem. Players such as he, are very much head down and lacking awareness. They  would take the shot as opposed to finding a man who is better placed, as they have just beaten three defenders and it would be a worldie to put the ball in the back of the net.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

WE'RE NOT SIGNING ANYOOOOONE

WE'RE NOT SIGNING ANY-OOOONE

Oh we will just shit average players towards the final month and then Rodgers expecting improvement from the squad😂😂

Edited by Danny280995

Adama Traore? Linked to Everton for £10m...granted, he seems one of the most overrated lack of end product players. But, strength and pace, play on  the right..counter attacks with Vardy :nigel:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BWRL said:

Adama Traore? Linked to Everton for £10m...granted, he seems one of the most overrated lack of end product players. But, strength and pace, play on  the right..counter attacks with Vardy :nigel:

For 10m it’s worth the punt it really is!