Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Worries me a little bit about losing our keeper so close to the start of the season.

I’ve come round now to the idea of going with what we have this season, possibly bring in a winger on loan similar to Under/Lookman and then we can really go for it next summer.

Offer Vardy, Evans and possibly Soyuncu new deals, release Schmeichel, Bertrand, Perez, Choudhury, Tielemans, Amartey, Mendy which whilst will be a shame to not get fees for them, to get that lot off the wage bill will surely give us scope to trade. To aid summer budget next summer, look at cashing in on replaceable assets like Castagne and Iheanacho

2 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Assuming Kasper goes and we do sign a new #1 (as opposed to using Ward or Iversen) - would any of you be okay with us taking a punt on Kepa?

One of the main reasons to move Schmeichel on is to make room in the wage structure for additional signings - Kepa would probably want more than Schmeichel's current wage, so for me it's a non-starter.

• Like 4

Just now, indierich06 said:

One of the main reasons to move Schmeichel on is to make room in the wage structure for additional signings - Kepa would probably want more than Schmeichel's current wage, so for me it's a non-starter.

That's a fair thought, they must have given him an absolute fortune when they signed him.

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. just checked him out on YouTube!!!

As a left winger and a cover for Barnes, he might be a consideration.  I must say that the RW is a more pressing  need to fill.

Juventus have started converting him to play RW, that looks like his long term position

Fenerbahce will consider offers for Atilla Szalai after they went out the Champions League last night

Left footed centre back that we have been linked with before

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Fenerbahce will consider offers for Atilla Szalai after they went out the Champions League last night

Left footed centre back that we have been linked with before

I like him, plays the game with the hatred and aggression of Robert Huth but the finesse of a more athletic and modern defender.

• Like 4