Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like him, plays the game with the hatred and aggression of Robert Huth but the finesse of a more athletic and modern defender.

Is he quick?

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Get this guy when Praet/Tielemans or Soumare leaves  - Mohammed Kudus

No links, just a would like to have

Dan, have a word

Better off going straight to the source and get players like Kudus before they leave Nordsjælland

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Is he quick?

https://www.90min.com/posts/attila-szalai-things-to-know-about-hungarian-defender/amp

“A quick glance at Szalai and you'd think he's more of an old-school centre-back who just wants to wrestle and head the ball. While he loves doing that, he's far more than just a 6'4 monster.

He's not giving Usain Bolt a run for his money anytime soon, but Szalai can hold his own against most forwards in a race and isn't scared of anyone one-on-one.

With that agility, Szalai likes to vary the way he defends. He's happy to push up high and bank on his recovery pace but is also smart enough to know when he needs to sit back and wait for the trouble to come to him.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like him, plays the game with the hatred and aggression of Robert Huth but the finesse of a more athletic and modern defender.

Szalai also speaks really good English so communicating with his teammates shouldn’t be an issue.

Quite like the idea of signing an absolute shithouse who can also play out from the back. Gerrimin! 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

This has to be the worst summer window on record isn’t  it

I'd rather sign no players than bad players tbh. 

55 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Fenerbahce will consider offers for Atilla Szalai after they went out the Champions League last night

Left footed centre back that we have been linked with before

Fulham apparently made an offer worth 14m for him

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think its disappointing we havent been able to get rid of players we dont want (at this time).  Lack of signings might be ok, gives potentially chances for youth players.

Does it? I thought the problem is that we have too many players to register in the squad. Given that we have hardly seen any development players in pre-season it doesn't look like they are in Brendan's plans at the moment.

I don't think we should be panicking, I do think we still have the core of a squad good enough to compete towards the European places. 

I'd be a lot more satisfied though if I actually believed Rodgers was gonna use the limited summer transfers as a reason to give more chances to the likes of the best youngsters coming through. 

with colwill supposedly being kept a

by chelsea now and madueke injured… curious who else we might perhaps target for  rw and cb 

whos available and looking for a move? 

It could be barrel scraping time by the time we get to business 

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

by chelsea now and madueke injured… curious who else we might perhaps target for  rw and cb 

Duje Caleta-Car is going to leave Marseille this summer, probably on the cheap.

We have also been linked again with Callum Hudson-Odoi.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

58 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Duje Caleta-Car is going to leave Marseille this summer, probably on the cheap.

We have also been linked again with Callum Hudson-Odoi.

joel piroe is still available as well. I wouldn’t be unhappy with that. Same mould as CDK 

I also know it’s a little fm, but Samuel umtiti was linked once upon a time.  A loan with an option could be worth a punt. He may have not played much in recent times but the risk isn’t much if we have an option. Barca are willing to do anything to get people out the door so we could possibly get a great deal with us only paying 40% of his wages or something daft. Similar to villa with PC. 

If rennes could afford it then we could and the difference between us and them, is that we wouldn’t be signing him to be our main cb, so we can be patient with his fitness 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Man City want to loan out McAtee.

• Like 1

I’ve come round now to the idea of keeping our powder dry this summer, provided we don’t lose anyone, maybe bringing in a winger on loan towards the end of the window as back up to Barnes.

Lets be honest, a midfield 3 of Ndidi, Tielemans and KDH with Mendy, Praet and Soumare as back up, is better than anything outside the top 6 by far. 

Next summer we can really go mental with Perez, Mendy, Choudhury, Bertrand, Amartey, Schmeichel all coming off the wage bill, can we get Soyuncu and Tielemans on new contracts ? If not, whilst annoying not to get a fee, getting rid of their wages will give us more wriggle room. Obviously tie down Maddison to a new deal, offer Vardy and Evans extensions. Cash in on Fofana unfortunately for £80m and sell ‘replaceable’ assets like Iheanacho, Castagne, Ward/Iversen, and all of a sudden next summer we have a big transfer kitty and plenty of wage wriggle room, although by following that plan we will need 7-8 players 😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

The people on here calling for us to accept bids for Castagne with a nice bit of egg on their faces now that Ricardo's gotten injured again

Did you know Ricardo was getting injured tonight then ?