Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

obviously not but it wasnt hard to guess he would get injured at some point this season

Castagne isn’t exactly bulletproof… plenty of injuries since he’s been with us 

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Castagne isn’t exactly bulletproof… plenty of injuries since he’s been with us 

Had his face caved in and played on for weeks while injured to cover for the lack of fit players last season up until the point we couldn't drain his thigh quickly enough anymore. 

Hardly injury prone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Had his face caved in and played on for weeks while injured to cover for the lack of fit players last season up until the point we couldn't drain his thigh quickly enough anymore. 

Hardly injury prone. 

Had a few injuries in 2020/21 as well, he isn't the most robust.

8 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Hardly injury prone. 

He’s had a fair few more injuries than just the two you mention 

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@kingfox Von Moos with a brace yesterday, this guy is going to be a monster.

Just don’t go round performing indecent exposure if he does become a monster.

We don’t want you ending up in prison, or we’ll get no information on up-and-coming left footed right wingers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

@kingfox Von Moos with a brace yesterday, this guy is going to be a monster.

....just watched the highlights of this game....FC Zurich should have battered them!!!

Hitting the post three times and wasting countless chances by making the wrong decisions when breaking, was like watching us play. Zurich built well but fell down with their finishing.

Van Moos's goals were one well-taken strike in the 18-yard box and the other following in a shot at goal and bundling it in on the line. Could not get an idea of how effective he is, as he wasn't really involved in much more of the game.

• Like 1

I'm not distraught at the prospect of not getting any one in this window(Though with how much time left I think we will). Our squad as it is is still plenty good enough to finish top half imo.

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Trossard bagged 3 goals and an assist yesterday. 

He could be an alternative to Lookman if we still need a left winger. Only one year left on his contract. 

I'd rather not try and negotiate with Brighton. They're bigger ***** than even ourselves

Edited by MadsEmil

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have mentioned it before but I still don't think we really need to replace Tielemans directly if he leaves in this window

Letting him leave and not replacing him with someone else that goes into the starting 11 allows us to move Maddison into the middle where he plays best rather than shoe-horning him out on the right

If we do sign a new midfielder it should be someone young that could eventually take over from Maddison (I don't think he will leave this window so we will get at least 1 more season)

I know @Ric Flair has mentioned him a lot but Kokcu would be ideal for this, as he is a lot more like Maddison than Tielemans in what he offers

I'm also of the opinion replacing Tielemans if he went this month is not the immediate priority as we have options. It is and always has been out wide we are so criminally weak. 

That said if we lose 3-4 players in the coming weeks and a few of them are central midfielders (Tielemans one of them) then Kokcu is the man for us.

• Like 2

I'm not sure we need a Maddison replacement (in terms of attributes) if we sign a proper wide player. I'm of the same opinion with Tielemans. 3 high energy machines to press will do and it makes dealing with injuries and sales easier. Though it may be a pipedream. .

Certainly not averse to like for like, but think that route is bloody difficult to get right.

48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have mentioned it before but I still don't think we really need to replace Tielemans directly if he leaves in this window

Letting him leave and not replacing him with someone else that goes into the starting 11 allows us to move Maddison into the middle where he plays best rather than shoe-horning him out on the right

If we do sign a new midfielder it should be someone young that could eventually take over from Maddison (I don't think he will leave this window so we will get at least 1 more season)

I know @Ric Flair has mentioned him a lot but Kokcu would be ideal for this, as he is a lot more like Maddison than Tielemans in what he offers

I touched on similar the other week in @StriderHiryu quality observations thread.

If Tielemans does eventually go, then you simply have two options. 

Sign a replacement and continue playing 4-3-3 like we saw at the back end of last season.

Don’t sign a replacement and move back to 4-2-3-1 with Maddison in the middle.

If the latter happens, then it will clearly show that Rodgers has faith in KDH to fill Youri’s void of being the midfield controller/dictator. 

If Youri goes then for me you have two options in terms of signings. 

Kokcu to instantly step into a 4-3-3 again, meaning Maddison will get shoehorned on the right, or as you say, someone young who will eventually step up to fill Tielemans or Maddison’s spot, Matt O’Riley would be the perfect answer to that, as he can play as a 8 or 10. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

With Madueke seemingly off the list with his injury, what other right wingers could we genuinely go for? Seems to be a real shortage of quality wingers which are attainable to us at the minute.

Europe:

Tsygankov, Blas, Pepe on loan, Cornet, Berardi, Januzaj free, Kayky on loan, McAtee on loan, Skov Olsen, Skov, Diop, Sarr, 

South America:

Orellano, Giovani, Adson

It's not exactly the most exciting pool of players I'll admit. Blas would be the one as he's so good RW or ACM. Tsygankov deserves a shot in a top 5 league too.

• Like 2

Walemark at Feyenoord and Von Moos at St Gallen will be the business but I think as it stands if we want to take a calculated gamble on a young and raw left footed winger then I'm off to Brazil and Argentina respectively to have a pop at Giovani, Adson and Orellano and see what fits in my Samsonite.

4 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Has he actually done anything in Lisbon?

Last season - 23 starts, 19 in the league

Goal contribution in the league every 113 mins

Goal contribution in all competitions every 125 mins

image.png.1feee4a1a2195331f607f0773c19b8ad.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm also of the opinion replacing Tielemans if he went this month is not the immediate priority as we have options. It is and always has been out wide we are so criminally weak. 

That said if we lose 3-4 players in the coming weeks and a few of them are central midfielders (Tielemans one of them) then Kokcu is the man for us.

Where are you getting these insights from Ric? Football Manager (like the rest of us) or from other sources. Have you ever seen them play? As in, actually watched them for a period of time?

You seem to have become the informal FT guru on young players, but I’m wondering how this is justifiable?

Genuine question?

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

A big fat yes then! Shame he plays for them!

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Edwards is an interesting one, would have been keener propr to him going to Sporting as I genuinely think I'd rather try and by a left footed Afghan off the Taliban than deal with them again

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Where are you getting these insights from Ric? Football Manager (like the rest of us) or from other sources. Have you ever seen them play? As in, actually watched them for a period of time?

You seem to have become the informal FT guru on young players, but I’m wondering how this is justifiable?

Genuine question?

I watch a lot of football but I also am very lazy in my scouting of players that when someone has peaked my interest then I'll go to YouTube, read scouting articles and study stats etc. Then I'll try and catch some games before I move on to the next player I can suggest and then get very irate when we don't sign them.

Kokcu is a player I've championed on here for 2 seasons, ever since we were linked with him the 1st time around.

• Haha 1