Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Assuming we don't sell Fofana without some idea of a replacement, are there any solid targets at CB we could move on now that it looks like Colwill to Brighton is confirmed? I've heard Oumar Solet suggested, but only know that he plays for Salzburg.

29 minutes ago, samarium62 said:

Assuming we don't sell Fofana without some idea of a replacement, are there any solid targets at CB we could move on now that it looks like Colwill to Brighton is confirmed? I've heard Oumar Solet suggested, but only know that he plays for Salzburg.

He would not be a starter as the Austrian League is on par with League One. Salzburg are a big fish in small pond. Would need time to get up to EPL standard BUT definitely worth a punt.

On 03/08/2022 at 21:51, Ric Flair said:

I suspect it will be Diop but Cherki is another very talented young winger.

....having watched the start of that showreel you wonder why we would be in with a chance of picking him up, absolute class!!!

Then you watch, and the game seems to be played at a slow pace, his long Crossfield balls are far too well flighted, and the final balls are just too short of pace or take the forward away from where he wants to be. He is too inclined to shoot for the near post and when he does shoot across the keeper he struggles to start the ball far enough away from the keeper and be able to bring the ball back in with spin.

At 18, he is a prospect and he will develop, surprisingly he physically looks like a seasoned pro, and we would have the RW/LW option taken care of.

• Like 1

Conor Coady if Fofana goes? seems he's on the way out of wolves so could be cheap. Also adds more leadership to the team with Kasper now gone, especially if we think Evans will struggle to play all 38 games. 

Edited by StonyFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Think Coady’s reported to be off to Everton. The other one who could be available after being dropped from the first team is Mings. I’d rather Coady than Mings to be honest.

Utterly Everton signing again. He's massively patched up by Wolves playing as negatively as they do.

Another for us I wonder is Attila Szalai.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Think Coady’s reported to be off to Everton. The other one who could be available after being dropped from the first team is Mings. I’d rather Coady than Mings to be honest.

I'd rather bring Alex Bruce out of retirement

• Haha 1

Guest Kopfkino
16 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

That 2nd paragraph is a gut punch. What is the club thinking. Start terminating contracts and pay them off its FFP.

That doesn’t make the cost evaporate and disappear. It’s still a cost associated to FFP

Coady would be a horrid signing. Mings wouldn't be much better but at least is left-footed and a good athlete whereas Coady is slow, poor in the air and would be ruthlessly exposed in any team who don't defend deep in a 5. 

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

That 2nd paragraph is a gut punch. What is the club thinking. Start terminating contracts and pay them off its FFP.

As he said on the forum interview last week - we aren’t bringing anyone in - soumare,  praet , Perez will have to play a decent squad role if we can’t get them sold 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, pmcla26 said:

I don't rate Mings at all, and never thought he nor Coady should have been England internationals, tbh, but in a weird way, I'd actually have Mings here. Like you say, he's left-footed, a good athlete, a leader, and his height would be an asset at set-pieces. 

I’d have Mings here no doubt 

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I'd rather bring Alex Bruce out of retirement

or even Steve Bruce.  No more has beens please.  We tried that last year.

Coady & Mings wouldn’t fit our style of play, neither are progressive defenders in terms of passing & ball carrying, two attributes that we usually look for in defenders.

Out of British defenders, Adam Webster would be the most ideal fit, doubt he’d be attainable though.

Just now, kingfox said:

Coady & Mings wouldn’t fit our style of play, neither are progressive defenders in terms of passing & ball carrying, two attributes that we usually look for in defenders.

Out of British defenders, Adam Webster would be the most ideal fit, doubt he’d be attainable though.

I like Ben Cabango at Swansea

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like Ben Cabango at Swansea

Would be far more realistic than some other ball playing defenders.

Considering Swansea like to play out from the back nowadays, Cabango is not a bad shout.

I see Russell Martin was quick to bin off Ryan Bennett though in his system lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

what are everyone’s thoughts on sarr? I know we wanted him badly before chelsea got him, I think any judgement on his time their is probably unfair given where he was played. I’m sure fofana wouldn’t be a great left back either. 

everytime i think about fofana leaving, my concern is always how do we find a good replacement with so little time. So an ideal scenario would be chelsea loaning us a player with their wages out of our hands. 

He’s probably more of the finished article than colwill already and we can probably insert a buy option for around 12m as that’s what was asked of monaco. 

The thought of a 75m war chest and the replacement already locked down excites me tbh.