Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

12 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Ought to keep an eye on Ahmedhodzic at Sheffield United for future transfer windows. Made his debut yesterday and looked very decent 

Should have already gone for him, both in January when we were desperate for a new CB and this summer. 

• Like 1

Really find our so called business shambolic . What exactly is Rudkin and Co doing? Looking so much like last minute panic on the way. Throw in the re-emergence of Rodgers tactical failings and I'm getting really worried. Is the Leicester model broken

31 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

Really find our so called business shambolic . What exactly is Rudkin and Co doing? Looking so much like last minute panic on the way. Throw in the re-emergence of Rodgers tactical failings and I'm getting really worried. Is the Leicester model broken

The model is definitely not broken, we seem very meek after recent transfer failings and this coupled with failings to shift players and bulk up contracts, has made it a challenge

30 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The model is definitely not broken, we seem very meek after recent transfer failings and this coupled with failings to shift players and bulk up contracts, has made it a challenge

It could be finance ... it could by ffp ... it coukd be the noatd dont want him to fornd any money.

Frankly who evercomes  next will need to send 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

It could be finance ... it could by ffp ... it coukd be the noatd dont want him to fornd any money.

Frankly who evercomes  next will need to send 

I got what you meant (Guess typing in a rush)  :)

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think that is right. The model is not broken but our execution of the strategy hasn’t been as good over the last year or so as in previous years. Even then it is risky model year on year. The pandemic must have hit the owners during the pandemic given the nature of their trade. The FFP rules don’t make it easy for clubs for ourselves and don’t seem to create a level playing field but quite the reverse. The Chelsea ownership change demonstrates that it needs looking at again but I wouldn’t trust the football authorities to get it right as they seem unable or unwilling to stand up to the will of the big clubs and their owners. 
Yesterday was all good for the majority of the match but the last third was not handled well. Brendan clearly consults with his team when making tactical changes and you could see that on the replays. We should have done better. We also have to look at some of the plus points and measure them alongside the constraints we found ourselves in with injuries to Barnes and Ricardo. Brentford do deserve some credit and we do have show some humility and credit to the opposition. We did have talent on the bench though and KDH was having an excellent game. To fix a problem you have to first be recognise it and then make some real change. Otherwise it will keep happening. I do feel more lucid today having got over the initial anger and disappointment but we do go into the next few games needing to see further improvement in the areas we know as fans need focus on.

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

The model is idealistic and can never be totally relied on.You can't base success on sell on value. Football is not a trading game. I see this morning Neville thinks Man.Utd should buy yet more players because they lost. If they had won ,he would have said no such thing. Our title win was achieved with a combination of experience and two very lucky finds in Mahrez and Kante. Ideally we should promote from within and if we do have to buy , go for a proven player with the principle quality of consistency. We have done that with Castagne , that type of player should be the model.He may not have increased his sell on value but he is paying back his transfer fee and we can have no complaints.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

The model is idealistic and can never be totally relied on.You can't base success on sell on value. Football is not a trading game. I see this morning Neville thinks Man.Utd should buy yet more players because they lost. If they had won ,he would have said no such thing. Our title win was achieved with a combination of experience and two very lucky finds in Mahrez and Kante. Ideally we should promote from within and if we do have to buy , go for a proven player with the principle quality of consistency. We have done that with Castagne , that type of player should be the model.He may not have increased his sell on value but he is paying back his transfer fee and we can have no complaints.

Its mix, we need both avenues of recruitment. selling Fofana will fund the next Castagne and the next Fofana, and .....this is the ideal, it cannot be just one type as too many prospects provides too little leadership and too many like Castagne prevents accruing of revenue. We must remeber that our revenue is currently much smaller than big 6/other doped clubs, we need to be smart

Guest Col city fan
50 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Unfortunately no-ones interested

That’s the problem. No one is interested unless something changes 

Looks like Gerrard and Mings have fallen out. Only 2 years left on his contract. Never really rated him, but can’t see him sticking around there now so could be legs in this. 

Wonder what he’d cost at 29, £20 million maybe. Would hardly be thrilled but could probably do worse. If Wes does leave wonder if Söyüncü might be given another go, or has Brendan given up on him completely. 

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Looks like Gerrard and Mings have fallen out. Only 2 years left on his contract. Never really rated him, but can’t see him sticking around there now so could be legs in this. 

Wonder what he’d cost at 29, £20 million maybe. Would hardly be thrilled but could probably do worse. If Wes does leave wonder if Söyüncü might be given another go, or has Brendan given up on him completely. 

No thanks.

33 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I wouldn’t like to have him as a transfer, but would take him on loan for a year if we can’t sign anyone else permanently.

Left footed, England international, until recently captain of a premier league team.

Would be a good stop gap if we needed someone. Could do with another older head to see out games like Brentford.
Would definitely take him on the left side of a 3 over Amartey and Vestergaard.

I never ever want to see us making lazy signings from other PL clubs regularly. I know it can work but we've seldom done it as we have a thorough and meticulous recruitment model and can identify progressive players that both improve us and increase significantly in value that helps the club grow.

Our track record at signing players from other PL clubs is pretty dreadful in recent years and certainly for experienced players where there's absolutely no resale value and if they flop on big wages then we're scuppered (Bertrand, Vestergaard and Perez to a certain extent).

Surely even at this late stage of the window we'd have a solid list of targets that match our profile of player we do well with.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Ought to keep an eye on Ahmedhodzic at Sheffield United for future transfer windows. Made his debut yesterday and looked very decent 

Was at the game and he was best player on the pitch by a country mile. Defensively outstanding, won everything in the air, cant remember him losing a challenge, covered well and made 1 or 2 good interceptions. Going forward he picked the ball up and drove at the Millwall defense on numerous occasions, made overlapping and underlapping runs, although his shooting was a little wayward lol

He's far too good for that standard of football.

Do wonder if we might end up buying Attila Szalai. 6'4 left footed CB, Fenerbahce want to sell upon being knocked out of the CL apparently. Feel like he fits the bill. 100% gambling on that over something like Bednarek.

4 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Was at the game and he was best player on the pitch by a country mile. Defensively outstanding, won everything in the air, cant remember him losing a challenge, covered well and made 1 or 2 good interceptions. Going forward he picked the ball up and drove at the Millwall defense on numerous occasions, made overlapping and underlapping runs, although his shooting was a little wayward lol

He's far too good for that standard of football.

I wonder how much it would cost to get him? 20 million?

3 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Why are we talking about Mings ? 

Have we been linked with him?

No was just mentioned by a poster, given current circumstances at Villa. To be honest far from my first choice but if it did happen wouldn’t be the end the world in my opinion as I think he would be a decent successor to Evans and being a bit more leadership to the team. However I would much someone like Denayer, a new contract for Cags and a younger prospect coming in as well 

• Like 3