Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

So if reports are to be believed we are trying to actively move on:

Vestergaard

Soumare

Choudhury

Bertrand is milking it and needs to retire and we don’t have to register Ricardo for this next 6 months at least. That means 5 out of the 25 shifted on. 

I am really hoping that means at least one addition and we’d have to make our minds up on whether that’s a winger or CB. Of course the above is contingent on keeping Tielemans and Fofana. If either of them went we’d need a replacement on top of the net new add to the squad. 

This year really is a filler for LCFC before a huge revamp next summer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KFS said:

Vestergaard

Soumare

Choudhury

Bertrand is milking it and needs to retire and we don’t have to register Ricardo for this next 6 months at least. That means 5 out of the 25 shifted on. 

I am really hoping that means at least one addition and we’d have to make our minds up on whether that’s a winger or CB. Of course the above is contingent on keeping Tielemans and Fofana. If either of them went we’d need a replacement on top of the net new add to the squad. 

Revamp for The Championship campaign if we're not careful.

2 hours ago, General Smuts said:

How have we not signed Zagadou, Denayer or John Brooks yet? 

Not to mention Belotti and Grillitsch.... the Free transfer list is still looking stacked considering it's August! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

Grillitsch and belotti would be excellent free transfers, especially the stature and aggressiveness of Grillitsch in midfield.

I have suggested him before

Would be a smart signing as he is very much a ball playing defensive mid, he gets stuck in, and he can also actually play centre back pretty comfortably

Problem is there seems to be issues around his dad and how he is getting involved in deals, he has already messed up moves to Fiorentina and Galatasaray for him this summer

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Vestergaard

Soumare

Choudhury

Next summer FFP regulations get even tighter. We will lose half a team or more of players. If Wes doesn’t go now he goes then. Same for Youri and possibly Madders. Next summer there will be blood on the dance floor, most of it ours. 

The big boys will cruise on like nothing has happened and the rest of us will be squeezed boneless - just like they planned.  Eventually it will get so infuriating we will all actually applaud the European Super League so these rich wrist shakers can sail off and stop cornering the whole market. They will still do that of course and the rest of the teams in the paupers leagues will slowly suffocate. Nice. 

• Like 4

I’m sure many will have seen this and it’s in another thread but if not it was very useful to me (if true) on what’s going on and why we haven’t sign anyone yet. 

sorry if it’s been posted in this thread already. 

For about the 3rd summer running, Alex Collado looks to be being mugged off by Barcelona. He'd be an interesting signing, left footed ACM/RW. Celtic are sniffing around but he's good enough to make an impact in the PL IMO.

• Like 3

On 08/08/2022 at 22:00, LcFc_Smiv said:

Was at the game and he was best player on the pitch by a country mile. Defensively outstanding, won everything in the air, cant remember him losing a challenge, covered well and made 1 or 2 good interceptions. Going forward he picked the ball up and drove at the Millwall defense on numerous occasions, made overlapping and underlapping runs, although his shooting was a little wayward lol

He's far too good for that standard of football.

....thought I would take a look at him on YouTube...!!!

It was the game against Millwall and he looked bang average. We might as well have been an academy player like Callum Wright.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

9 hours ago, KFS said:

Vestergaard

Soumare

Choudhury

Also hoping we have insurance, so Ricardo wages are covered during his injury.  If this is even still a thing in football.

Edited by Chrysalis

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....thought I would take a look at him on YouTube...!!!

It was the game against Millwall and he looked bang average. We might as well have been an academy player like Callum Wright.

Aye because you can see everything in a YouTube video. Not sure how far your gonna get playing Callum Wright at centre back.

Guest Col city fan
11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Isaac Lihadji from Lille, year left on his deal. Still a bit raw and unpolished but was being billed as a potential superstar when at Marseille when he was 16/17. 

You’re looking at FM again here Ric, Cmon… 

37 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You’re looking at FM again here Ric, Cmon… 

I've been looking at young players with a year left on their contract who we can buy low, improve and either make a decent profit on or they are valued first team players for us. This is the avenue we're likely to need to go down in the future, plus he's a left footed right winger and a current France U21 International which is no mean feat.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been looking at young players with a year left on their contract who we can buy low, improve and either make a decent profit on or they are valued first team players for us. This is the avenue we're likely to need to go down in the future, plus he's a left footed right winger and a current France U21 International which is no mean feat.

The problem is that you're applying logic and thought into this. Get a pin and twat it at a random page of L'Equipe, cross fingers, hope.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Seeing as FM is actually based on stats, it probably has way more insight than everyone on here combined, so....

Yes, and for about the billionth time, the database is actually a part of the professional stat set purchased by and used by most top teams in Europe. It is used as a way of narrowing down targets for scouting - because it is THAT good. Honestly. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
47 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yes, and for about the billionth time, the database is actually a part of the professional stat set purchased by and used by most top teams in Europe. It is used as a way of narrowing down targets for scouting - because it is THAT good. Honestly. 

I think it’s amazing! The numbers of ‘starlets’ who are identified on FM who then come through to be amazing is unreal!

That was the first place I’d seen Vinicius Junior, for instance.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think it’s amazing! The numbers of ‘starlets’ who are identified on FM who then come through to be amazing is unreal!

It’s been the same for years. Like I knew Neil Lennon and Muzzy Izzet would be godly due to the previous iteration of FM. It is incredibly accurate and widely dismissed by idiots. 

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Championship manager 00/01. Kim Kallstrom was always my second signing (after Taribo West) when he was like 17. 

• Like 2