Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

I can't particularly be arsed to start a thread, but name our next trasfer.... i'll start (doesn't neccessarily have to be this window or someone you'd like to see come in...)

Adnan Januzaj

I reckon he'd be a Lookman type player for us. Not the stellar winger we're after but could still do a job for us when called upon

On 14/08/2022 at 07:08, FosseSpark said:

So it seems likely that Fofana will go for c£80m

Its also clear that Rodgers will not play Soyuncu and that Soumare has been jettisoned from thinking.

This will mean we have to find at least two starting centre halves before the end of the transfer window while still being short a centre midfielder and a right winger.

So a minimum of 4 in if the likely transfer business happens. 

If Tielemans also goes then we will need 5 in.

Why do we need 2 CBs to replace one leaving?

43 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Because all the others are injury prone or crap or slept with Brendan's daughter.

Problem is we badly need a winger for years, but because we keep buying CBs we dont buy one.  We have brought so many CBs in last 5 years.

1 minute ago, FerrisBueller said:

Fully aware of the issues we have re: squad size/deadwood etc, but the fact we are starting yet another season with Barnes (injured), Perez and Albrighton as our wide options is ****ing daunting.

I am more worried about a season of shipping 60+ goals. In fact 70+ is a distinct possibility 

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I am more worried about a season of shipping 60+ goals. In fact 70+ is a distinct possibility 

I’m weirdly hopeful, something’s surely got to give with Cags. We know 4atb is the default, I’m more worried about how often he switches to 3 CB’s in case of injuries to wingers.

Not saying we should want or need him but I have a feeling Spurs would let us have Winks on loan, he’s one of 4 they don’t want to keep and despite finishing behind us a few times recently I think they don’t see us as a close enough rival this season to discount a loan.

Heinz Tomato (a reliable sauce).

28 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

he’s one of 4 they don’t want to keep and despite finishing behind us a few times recently I think they don’t see us as a close enough rival this season to discount a loan.

Theres a reason they dont want him

And with Spurs it isnt like with Man City where their fringe players still walk into other XIs

10 days till the transfer window closes, Top must be feeling the pressure as it’s clear if we don’t sell the likes of fofana, Vestergaard, youri, Soumare and Perez we’re gonna have a really shit season, but nothing seems to be even close to happening!

• Like 1