Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

10 days till the transfer window closes, Top must be feeling the pressure as it’s clear if we don’t sell the likes of fofana, Vestergaard, youri, Soumare and Perez we’re gonna have a really shit season, but nothing seems to be even close to happening!

Cause we can't don't you understand 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

And we're trying to reduce wages not increase, use your brain please

Firstly the whole thread is based on if we had the ability to make transfers isn't it? Additionally how much do you think this lad is on. 

You're a right laugh anyway, I sincerely hope you'll be going through every post in this thread then and replying "pointless" 😂

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Firstly the whole thread is based on if we had the ability to make transfers isn't it? Additionally how much do you think this lad is on. 

You're a right laugh anyway, I sincerely hope you'll be going through every post in this thread then and replying "pointless" 😂

Just your posts are dumb 😂😂

Ideally this would all have been done in June, but we are where we are and I'd still do substantial business even if it's for a new manager to inherit. I'm not usually one for wholesale changes but our attitude stinks and we need to freshen things up.

I would buy;

• Joachim Andersen from Palace (£40m). Add some steel and professionalism to our defence.

Cheaper alternative - Rob Holding, Arsenal. £15m

• Josh Bowler from Blackpool (£15m). A raw and exciting player from the Championship to have as an option on the wing

Alternative - Alex Scott, Bristol City

• Kepa from Chelsea (loan, £5m). Have him for a season while easing Iversen in to take over next year.

Alternative - Martin Dubravka, Newcastle

• Juan Mata (free). I know something like this would raise eyebrows, but I feel like we could do with that sort of elder statesman around the dressing room.

Alternative - Denis Cheryshev or Matej Vydra 

How can we afford this? Maybe I'm naive but I think we can raise £135m moving on some rotten apples. Fofana (£80m), Tielemans (£30m), Soumare (£15m) all want to go. I'm sure we can find a way to move on Vestegaard (£10m).

I also suspect the players going out would be on lower wages than those I've listed above.

I think about £15m of the Fofana fee would go to St Etienne. I'd personally use £10m to pay Rodgers off as well. Thanks and good luck in your next job.

So recoup £135m, spend £25m on off-pitch things and £60m on the above. Leaves some money to attract the best manager around, and for them to use what's left how they see fit in January / next summer.

(Fantasy world, I know...!)

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 4

It seems likely Tielemans, Soumare and Fofana are on their way out. Those three (on top of Schmeichel already) will save us a lot on wages. And generating comfortably more than £100m+ in transfer fees.

I'd rather we reinvest whatever we can rather than just selling for the sake of it. I don't think the names I've suggested are crazy (though I get that doing so much business is highly unlikely!).

Things aren't great but there's no evidence that makes me think we need to adjust our budgets to a Championship club's... more like adjusting it to be a 'mid table Premier League with no European football' club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

It seems likely Tielemans, Soumare and Fofana are on their way out. Those three (on top of Schmeichel already) will save us a lot on wages. And generating comfortably more than £100m+ in transfer fees.

I'd rather we reinvest whatever we can rather than just selling for the sake of it. I don't think the names I've suggested are crazy (though I get that doing so much business is highly unlikely!).

Things aren't great but there's no evidence that makes me think we need to adjust our budgets to a Championship club's... more like adjusting it to be a 'mid table Premier League with no European football' club.

The names you suggested are realistic. They’re just all shit. We will be related selling our players and replacing them with those suggestions

16 minutes ago, frany104 said:

The names you suggested are realistic. They’re just all shit. We will be related selling our players and replacing them with those suggestions

Three proven Prem players and a Championship player with high potential wouldn't guarantee relegation... 

Who could we realistically get that would be better, in relation to our spending power and other clubs' refusal to sell this close to the transfer window?

2 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Who could we realistically get that would be better, in relation to our spending power and other clubs' refusal to sell this close to the transfer window?

The barrier is much about perceptions as money now. a class player will not want to come to struggling team with a failing manager. The more this line gets pushed in the media , the less attractive we become.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LVocey said:

Would love us to go in for Sarr now he’s not going to Villa.

Not sure what has gone on there.

Seems like Villa pulled the plug or terns couldn’t be agreed.

Palace and Newcastle have been linked to Sarr.

Still feel he will be off .