Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

These next 4-5 days are about to get seriously busy for us!

I hope so. I wonder who Rodgers has been speaking to this summer? From the sounds of it we were after Schlotterbeck and Tete until they went elsewhere (understandably). Imagine if we'd secured those two...

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

These next 4-5 days are about to get seriously busy for us!

Do you actually think they are? I’m not sure. So far we’ve only got Kasper and it looks like Fofana off the wage bill. We’re still stuck with all those players we want to sell and can’t. Vestergaard, Amartey, Bertrand, Soumare, Soyuncu. All still here because no one wants to buy them.

I’d not be surprised if we don’t do much business even now and if we do, it’ll be relatively small sums paid on transfers I think.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Do you actually think they are? I’m not sure. So far we’ve only got Kasper and it looks like Fofana off the wage bill. We’re still stuck with all those players we want to sell and can’t. Vestergaard, Amartey, Bertrand, Soumare, Soyuncu. All still here because no one wants to buy them.

I’d not be surprised if we don’t do much business even now and if we do, it’ll be relatively small sums paid on transfers I think.

Yeah I am not convinced we will be busy, one reason to deliberately do this so late is it means only having to ride out the pressure to buy for a few days.

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I hope so. I wonder who Rodgers has been speaking to this summer? From the sounds of it we were after Schlotterbeck and Tete until they went elsewhere (understandably). Imagine if we'd secured those two...

I’m only guessing, but it would have made sense if one of them was Noni Madueke before he got long term injured. Especially as he’d passed his driving test in the summer in the UK which makes you assume he was thinking of a move back to England.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Yeah I am not convinced we will be busy, one reason to deliberately do this so late is it means only having to ride out the pressure to buy for a few days.

But that means we can’t play with wingers because we only have one?(barnes) and Amartey is our starting centre back? With £80m or whatever in the bank.. how’s that acceptable? 

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think we’ll probably sign a couple of players. But unlike so many clubs in the Prem have done this season, I think they’ll not be expensive transfers and the wages will be relatively low.

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Pedro Neto, Oumar Solet and Benoit Badiashile please.

But it's Brendan, so Michael Keane and CHO both on loan probably...

Dreamworld stuff again 

32 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Do you think we might look at Tah again? 

I think the Fofana replacement has to be an investment rather than a mid twenties reliable defender who probably won't be very reliable for us. Tah is about as quick as Vestergaard FYI.

• Like 3

Hopefully that'll be Fofana, Perez, Soumare and Praet gone and off the wage bill soon and some albeit limited cash (and time) to bring in a right sided player and another CB...

I wonder what we have up our sleeve.

Ideally Fofana’s replacement needs to be a progressive player who’s progressive in both passing and carries, in true Ric style I’ve compiled a list of players who fit that kind of bill. 

Edmond Tapsoba

Facundo Medina

Jean Clair Todibo

Loic Bade

Duje Ćaleta-Car 

Attila Szalai

Becir Omeragic

The last three names on the list are probably the most realistic, Ćaleta-Car & Omeragic both out of contract next summer, Szalai has always been constantly linked with a move 👍🏻

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Nick said:

Hopefully that'll be Fofana, Perez, Soumare and Praet gone and off the wage bill soon and some albeit limited cash (and time) to bring in a right sided player and another CB...

I wonder what we have up our sleeve.

Up our sleeve?  Well the Recruitment Platoon have had months to work on new players and they have known Fofana was likely to leave for what - 3 weeks?  So if they have nothing up their sleeves, they should all be fired and there is another saving in wages.  The massive thing against them is the acute lack of time, created by Chelsea in the main.

so the next days will most likely define our entire season as tonight will be in bottom of the league.

in Ric we trust.

I don't think we will be spending a huge amount and we cannot afford to waste anything. The club clearly needs a chunk of the Fofana money to keep afloat so I'm expecting 2 or 3 loan signings to allow a few areas to be strengthened quickly. We are in a spot of trouble so I'm not expecting longer term prospects to come in.