Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

People debating about this or that CB when Daniel Amartey now appears to be our FIRST choice option. Imagine if you’d said that a couple of seasons ago you’d be entitled to think the club would be in serious decline.

Soyuncu (if he replicated his form immediately post Maguire) would be an option, but for some reason is out in the wilderness. 

Then it’s Vesty and the midfielders. 

I seriously hope that the powers that be in the club are looking urgently at our options. A CB signing is now an emergency!!! Nothing would affect finances more than relegation and we’re going to be flirting with that if our defensive options are up there with the worst in the Premier League.

There has been some serious mismanagement to get ourselves in this position and we have only a few days to get it sorted 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

People debating about this or that CB when Daniel Amartey now appears to be our FIRST choice option. Imagine if you’d said that a couple of seasons ago you’d be entitled to think the club would be in serious decline.

Soyuncu (if he replicated his form immediately post Maguire) would be an option, but for some reason is out in the wilderness. 

Then it’s Vesty and the midfielders. 

I seriously hope that the powers that be in the club are looking urgently at our options. A CB signing is now an emergency!!! Nothing would affect finances more than relegation and we’re going to be flirting with that if our defensive options are up there with the worst in the Premier League.

There has been some serious mismanagement to get ourselves in this position and we have only a few days to get it sorted 

Let's face it two CBs are now urgent.  Chances of Evans being fit all season are slim to none.  After him the options are simply not good enough.    

Another winger is also vital.  That's three signings we absolutely should be making as a minimum.  With next to no time to do it.

Hooray! 

• Like 1

We not in a position to gamble on an inexperienced CB , we will quite likely be bottom of the PL shortly so a solid veteran for a season or two would be the best option. At the start of this window Mee and Tarkowski were possible , missed out there and that was a mistake.

Had a ‘heated’ chat with my eldest about madueke yesterday 

I was saying that if we’ve identified him as the player we want and he and psv are on board then we wait till January when he’s almost fit again and do the deal 

he was saying that we find a different winger who is fit now 

Therin lies the difference between the youngsters (want it now ) mindset and the more experienced (do it right and do it once) 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the Fofana replacement has to be an investment rather than a mid twenties reliable defender who probably won't be very reliable for us. Tah is about as quick as Vestergaard FYI.

We bought vestergaard….…… 

we would easily make the same mistake again 

I’m convinced that brendan just thinks that janniik isn’t aggressive enough …..and that the pace thing doesn’t seem to have been noticed 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Had a ‘heated’ chat with my eldest about madueke yesterday 

I was saying that if we’ve identified him as the player we want and he and psv are on board then we wait till January when he’s almost fit again and do the deal 

he was saying that we find a different winger who is fit now 

Therin lies the difference between the youngsters (want it now ) mindset and the more experienced (do it right and do it once) 

Or it’s nothing to do with generational thoughts and your sons just sensible enough to suggest we don’t waste the limited incoming transfer availability we have on someone who’s injury could make him a massive risk? 

Edited by LVocey

1 minute ago, LVocey said:

Or it’s nothing to do with generational thoughts and your sons just sensible enough to suggest we don’t waste the limited incoming transfer availability we have on someone who’s injury could make him a massive risk? 

Players have injuries - it’s unavoidable 

is he a ‘sick note’ player?  I wasn’t aware. If so then that’s different 

buying a winger in the next five days is more likely to yield a ghazal than a mahrez ……

All these names! And not a British one amongst them. What’s wrong with the Cloughie adage “ your a centre half son, your job is to head it and kick it, anything else is a bonus!” The Championship’s full of them for god sake. You can see how centre halves trying to play has got us. They are now our pivot! Too far back! If we’d had a header and kicker we’d still be in Europe!

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It will be wasted on someone shit. How can we trust a man who signed Vesty and Bertrand? 

Didn't he also sign Fofana, Justin and Castagne?

1 minute ago, ceebeefox said:

All these names! And not a British one amongst them. What’s wrong with the Cloughie adage “ your a centre half son, your job is to head it and kick it, anything else is a bonus!” The Championship’s full of them for god sake. You can see how centre halves trying to play has got us. They are now our pivot! Too far back! If we’d had a header and kicker we’d still be in Europe!

We should sign 1 experienced CB and 1 youngster

1 minute ago, ceebeefox said:

See Ryan Bennett & Vestergaard if you want to know how it would turn out for one of those players playing Rodgers brand of football.

We need to stop buying square pegs for round holes. Or get rid of the A Hole in charge.

35 minutes ago, Shane said:

David Costa, left footed ACM & can play on the wing. He is performing very well for Lens in Ligue 1 this season. 

Like it. Oscar Gloukh at Macabbi is another raw attacking talent I hope we're monitoring.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

Anyone else think one new winger isn’t enough? 

I think we need 2 personally although I know there’s no chance that’s happening… 

Yes, one to replace Lookman from last season and that elusive right sided left footed winger.

15 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

Anyone else think one new winger isn’t enough? 

I think we need 2 personally although I know there’s no chance that’s happening… 

We're supposed to have 1 on each wing with cover and a 5th utility player that can cover both sides. At the minute we have just Harvey Barnes as the starter & Albrighton as the 5th cover player so could do with 3 more. 😏

6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Chuck 35m at Man City for Cole Palmer, lets see if he wants first team football

These are the kind of signings we should gamble on. No pressure to perform massively as expectations aren’t too high now, gives them a good season to bed in and has massive potential 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Harvey Vale would be gattable for under £10m. He has 1 year left on his deal and wants first team football. 

Chelsea/ Man City youth players are a great idea to go for but these clubs all insist on buy back clauses/ sell on clauses (which seem to have become the normal) which puts me off, but perhaps we should embrace it rather than be worried about it like we were with iheanacho 

32 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Chelsea/ Man City youth players are a great idea to go for but these clubs all insist on buy back clauses/ sell on clauses (which seem to have become the normal) which puts me off, but perhaps we should embrace it rather than be worried about it like we were with iheanacho 

It's not great but we need more avenues of income generation and as long as the buy back is relatively high then that's no issue to me.

• Like 1