Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Beradi seems an absolute no brainer for me - consistent numbers in the Serie A, in the exact position we're lacking that consistency. Bring him in, made Lookman permanent and then we have Barnes, Lookman, Beradi as real quality options for the wing

22 minutes ago, Blodge96 said:

Beradi seems an absolute no brainer for me - consistent numbers in the Serie A, in the exact position we're lacking that consistency. Bring him in, made Lookman permanent and then we have Barnes, Lookman, Beradi as real quality options for the wing

Somehow I think the only way we could attract Berardi is by offering him £10 million a year.

....just regarding Nordin, his ability to head the ball is terrific, our attackers or defenders need to watch someone who wants to get his head to a ball!!!

Reminds me of Tony Cottee, small, great balance, quick off the mark and can finish. Has a tendency to go for the near post and scored with some poor goal keeping but he is someone I would love to see here.

Linked with Josh Bowler at Blackpool, 22 year old left footed winger who can play on either side

Contract runs out in the summer but they have an option to extend for a year, apparently had a £1.5m asking price in January

Started the season poorly it looks like but has 4 goals and 2 assists in his last 10 starts, with goals against QPR, Bournemouth and Fulham in his last 6 games

https://www.teamtalk.com/leicester-city/exclusive-rival-forest-bournemouth-josh-bowler

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blodge96 said:

And Marc

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Linked with Josh Bowler at Blackpool, 22 year old left footed winger who can play on either side

Contract runs out in the summer but they have an option to extend for a year, apparently had a £1.5m asking price in January

Started the season poorly it looks like but has 4 goals and 2 assists in his last 10 starts, with goals against QPR, Bournemouth and Fulham in his last 6 games

https://www.teamtalk.com/leicester-city/exclusive-rival-forest-bournemouth-josh-bowler

One of my pals is a huge Blackpool fan and funnily enough was round mine on transfer deadline day doing some emergency electrical work and he was stressed as Fulham were in for Bowler and he was devastated he might be off. Said he's a rough diamond who has improved astronimically and that he seems destined for the top.

Blackpool still have a huge cult following for KDH as well by the way from his loan spell before covid prevented them for more joy from him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Watched Ajax yesterday really liked the look of Antony on the right wing , he looks a real handful , what does the forum think of him 

He’s incredible, probably the best right winger not playing at one of europes elite…but his next move is to one of those sides and not one of our size I’m afraid.

• Like 1

Not just basing this on the game against us but I would genuinely go out and try and get Brennan Johnson from forest and Djed Spence from Middlesbrough, probably don't need another RB if Castange stays but if he's sold I think Spence and Ricardo are great options on the right with JJ and Thomas battling it out at LB. 

1 hour ago, mucfox said:

last night I watched Glasgow Rangers in the Europa League.

Two players were really outstanding and impressed me a lot.

Both have incredible speed, especially with ball. Maybe they are not too expensive

James Tavernier & Ryan Kent

Kent's end product is shocking in my opinion, he'd flop hugely at this level. Tavernier has an insane goalscoring record for a defender even taking away penalties I think.

On 21/02/2022 at 20:16, ajthefox said:

I think people often expect too much to happen in the summer, and I think with what's been said in the press recently that may be even more the case this summer. We clearly need a few additions and to get rid of a few, but it won't be the overhaul I think some are expecting. I think how many we bring in really depends on who we are able to shift.

This is how I think we'll set up in August. It's not necessarily what I want, just what I think is likely.

Schmeichel / Ward / Iverson?

Ricardo / Castagne               Evans / Fofana / Soyuncu /A Another / Amartey             Thomas / JJ

Wilf / Soumare/ KDH / A Another

Albrighton / A Another          Madders / Nacho             Lookman / Barnes

Vards / Daka 

That's 24, so it leaves one more spot for a youngster or additional depth most likely at CB (if Cags goes), or perhaps CM/CAM I think. 

I don't think we should really be banking on using Amartey as CB depth, but he's a utility player who does ok there and I can't see us getting rid of him.

Offload Bertand, Vestergaard, Perez, Hamza and Mendy. Obviously Youri is gone too.

I would add Nacho to the ‘gone’ list, I’ve never seen a player turn his game around last season then turned back the wrong way this season and is actually playing his worst football for us now, agree with the rest but we have to find another goal scorer or get some strength into Daka as he is currently’ too nice’

On 24/02/2022 at 10:37, moore_94 said:

Yes please… 

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

I would add Nacho to the ‘gone’ list, I’ve never seen a player turn his game around last season then turned back the wrong way this season and is actually playing his worst football for us now, agree with the rest but we have to find another goal scorer or get some strength into Daka as he is currently’ too nice’

...when making the comparison have you taken into account he had someone else upfront with him last season!!!

Vardy was very much supplying him and he was flourishing playing this way. He had the confidence that we only frequently see at the moment and his performances have started to drop. When he signed his extension you would have thought he and Rodgers would have discussed how he was going to be used, and that would have been in tandem with someone else.

Why does it take Rodgers so long to see or acknowledge that something is not working, as by then the player is all but destroyed.

You will notice the plethora of posters when suggesting a team, have a lone striker in their formation, it is not as if there are no other options to utilise our squad effectively, you see it with Nacho and you see it with Daka and yet you continue to choose to use an approach that does not work, but we keep on doing the same things. 

Rodgers is paid millions a season to come up with a plan, of how to combat the unavailability of players and mitigate the situation, but uses a ploy which is mostly agreed by posters on a football forum.

It really begs the question,...what are we paying him for!!!

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I would say Tarkowski on a free but his wages are likely to be ridiculous.

Given out average salary is now around £90k a week, I don't think we'd baulk at giving him £110k a week. I just cannot get my head around what we must be paying some very very shit players. 

17 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I would say Tarkowski on a free but his wages are likely to be ridiculous.

I don't believe wages would be a significant problem with Tarkowski, what concerns me more is what I see as being his lack of speed and mobility