Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

I think we will lose Tielemans and look to sell Hamza, Soynucu, Mendy will leave on a free(?), and vestegaard (which we won’t be able to shift). That’s probably circa £50-60m.

I don’t think we need a lot to be competitive next season for top 6. Some experience at the back whilst investing in a Fofana like CB, someone young and athletic. We probably need a CM but I’m not sure what’s going on re Soumare, will he kick on next season? 

Tarkowski’s contract runs out this summer and Raphina’s runs out 2024, if leeds get relegated I’d like us to try and be ambitious and attempt to get him, if not I like to look of Tete at shaktar. Rather than replacing Tielemans like for like, adding a RW capable of greater creativity and goal scoring numbers could be the way to go? I’d also sign Lookman.

So, gone slightly FM but it’s nice to dream lol My match day squad for game week one next season!

Schmeichel 

Ricardo      Fofana         Tarkowksi     Justin 

Ndidi           KDH 

Raphina        Maddison          Barnes 

Daka 

Bench                

Ward, Evans/New CB, Castagne, Soumare, Lookman, Iheanacho, Vardy 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Would anyone take Harrison, if Leeds go down?

Mostly plays on the left for them, but left footed and hard working player, and probably more attainable than Raphina. 

I do like him but he's not the elusive winger we need.

13 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

No way we’d get Raphina. Liverpool is calling him

I’d probably agree but… they have mane, salah, Diaz & Jota already, would they think spending £30 odd million on Raphina would be good business? Don’t they need CMs? We’ll see I guess, migjt be wishful thinking on my behalf *they’ve also basically signed that winger / AM from fulham havent they? 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nickaj said:

I don't believe wages would be a significant problem with Tarkowski, what concerns me more is what I see as being his lack of speed and mobility 

As he’s going for free I can definitely see newcastle being in for him and then if it goes to a bidding war on wages they are only go to rise 

16 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Where was this? What did he say?

His post match interview. Said something like their No.6 was driving them up the field blah blah.  

What we need is a player like Adama Traore (if there is one) to provide chances for Daka, else Daka won't get the service to score.

Adama Traore is doing wonders at Barcelona, he's got strength and pace with which he can outrun the opposition and pass to better quality strikers who can score than he had at Wolves.

Most people were blinded by the ability of Traore because he was playing for Wolves who are as a whole defensive team with less quality players upfront.

Put Traore in a team full of quality strikers and he becomes an assist machine.

Wolves never got the best out of him because they weren't built to play for his strengths, he's simply running to the touchline causing problems and then crossing the ball.

The chances attacking players like Daka would have with the a player like Traore would have been incredible, he's unstoppable player opposition players don't know how to deal with.

We need to stop paying 25m for timed french players like Soumare who can't adjust to EPL condition and buy big stronger players. Look how good Kulusevski has been at Spurs and he only played about 2 or 3 games.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I’d probably agree but… they have mane, salah, Diaz & Jota already, would they think spending £30 odd million on Raphina would be good business? Don’t they need CMs? We’ll see I guess, migjt be wishful thinking on my behalf *they’ve also basically signed that winger / AM from fulham havent they? 

Agreed. They’ll get more than 30 million for Raphina, though. Closer to 50 million.

7 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I think they will be looking to the future past Mane and Salah in the summer. Mane has been poor most the season. With Salah they need to be thinking succession planning.  That's Raphina. 

24 minutes ago, TommyK said:

I think they will be looking to the future past Mane and Salah in the summer. Mane has been poor most the season. With Salah they need to be thinking succession planning.  That's Raphina. 

Mane and Salah are still starters for the next 2/3 seasons imo 

21 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I think we will lose Tielemans and look to sell Hamza, Soynucu, Mendy will leave on a free(?), and vestegaard (which we won’t be able to shift). That’s probably circa £50-60m.

I don’t think we need a lot to be competitive next season for top 6. Some experience at the back whilst investing in a Fofana like CB, someone young and athletic. We probably need a CM but I’m not sure what’s going on re Soumare, will he kick on next season? 

Tarkowski’s contract runs out this summer and Raphina’s runs out 2024, if leeds get relegated I’d like us to try and be ambitious and attempt to get him, if not I like to look of Tete at shaktar. Rather than replacing Tielemans like for like, adding a RW capable of greater creativity and goal scoring numbers could be the way to go? I’d also sign Lookman.

So, gone slightly FM but it’s nice to dream lol My match day squad for game week one next season!

Schmeichel 

Ricardo      Fofana         Tarkowksi     Justin 

Ndidi           KDH 

Raphina        Maddison          Barnes 

Daka 

Bench                

Ward, Evans/New CB, Castagne, Soumare, Lookman, Iheanacho, Vardy 

Would prefer to have Phillips from Leeds instead of Raphina as he’s more of a grafter… :thumbup:

• Haha 1

The main reason any established player would want to come to LCFC now is money. We pay very highly among the best in Europe. Winning trophies ,in the near future at least , is unlikely and the management issue is becoming unsettling for the whole club. In other words we are nowhere near as attractive as we were at the beginning of the season. We will just have to offer the biggest contracts and that is a very expensive policy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The main reason any established player would want to come to LCFC now is money. We pay very highly among the best in Europe. Winning trophies ,in the near future at least , is unlikely and the management issue is becoming unsettling for the whole club. In other words we are nowhere near as attractive as we were at the beginning of the season. We will just have to offer the biggest contracts and that is a very expensive policy.

Re: paying the biggest contracts - Not necessarily. We've got where we are today by being better than most at spotting players before they've made a name for themselves. If we can carry on doing that, we'll be fine.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Mane and Salah are still starters for the next 2/3 seasons imo 

Think they are more likely to sign a CM. 

Klopp took KDH to one side after one of the matches to compliment his contribution and say: where-ever did you come from? Looks like I've found my Hendo replacement. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Think they are more likely to sign a CM. 

Klopp took KDH to one side after one of the matches to compliment his contribution and say: where-ever did you come from? Looks like I've found my Hendo replacement. 

....I wish managers would not look to do this!!!

All very well going on the pitch commiserating or praising your own players, not getting into conversation with an opponent players, really out of order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If they got relegated, wouldn't mind to see us raid Leeds for Raphinha, Phillips and Llorente. Could probably pay for them with the fees we would get for Tielemans Soyuncu, and our other outgoings. 

Them plus Colwill and Lookman would be a good window. 

Phillips would be 60/70 mill no way he comes here! 

• Like 1