Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

6 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf Id have Cornet too, impressed me this season 

......I used to believe he was a quality player, and we were going to be in a lot of bother with Cornet and their striker!!!

Cornet was offside so often, he was a liability for Burnley, hard to move forward when he is constantly drifting offside and you have to look for other avenues. He was more a benefit to us than to them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not going to bring him in for the bench, Kasper will be the number one, why would he come to us now!!!

A quality keeper, but would be mad to come here unless he was promised #1 for next season.

Plus we have Daniel Iverson, who by reports is doing great at Preston.

And he'll be Denmark's 1st choice goal keeper when Kasper hangs up his boots from international duty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not going to bring him in for the bench, Kasper will be the number one, why would he come to us now!!!

A quality keeper, but would be mad to come here unless he was promised #1 for next season.

Obviously with the intention that kasper goes.

Not that we especially need a left back but Sergio Gomez at Anderlecht is having an unbelievable season. Dortmund may have made a huge error selling him.

6 goals and 13 assists this season, nuts for a full back/wing back.

Moussa Niakhate has only missed 7 games in 4 seasons for Mainz. Extremely reliable player.

Ticks all the boxes really. Left footed CB, captains a decent side & is in the last year of his contract. 

• Like 2

Wonder if Liverpool would let Joe Gomez go this summer? Seems to be 4th choice for them now and is probably good enough to start for most teams in the league. He's also got experience winning trophies so would have the mentality Brendan would be looking for. Him and Fofana as a partnership could be tasty.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foxesfan98 said:

Wonder if Liverpool would let Joe Gomez go this summer? Seems to be 4th choice for them now and is probably good enough to start for most teams in the league. He's also got experience winning trophies so would have the mentality Brendan would be looking for. Him and Fofana as a partnership could be tasty.

His injury issues make him the perfect candidate to keep it rolling on.

11 hours ago, Shane said:

Moussa Niakhate has only missed 7 games in 4 seasons for Mainz. Extremely reliable player.

Ticks all the boxes really. Left footed CB, captains a decent side & is in the last year of his contract. 

ideal sort of player for us to go for....but who knows...cos BR could just lump money on anyone

Squad refresh for the summer -

Out:

- Praet (permanent)

- Mendy (permanent)

- Perez (permanent)

- Tielemans (permanent)

- Castagne (permanent)

- Vestergaard (loan)

- Jakupovic (released)

In: 

- Dael Fry (Middlesborough)

- Charles De Ketelaere (Brugge)

- Raphina (Leeds)

- Lookman (RB Leipzig)

- Calvin Ramsay (Aberdeen)

New Contract:

- Amartey

34 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Out:

- Praet (permanent)

- Mendy (permanent)

- Perez (permanent)

- Tielemans (permanent)

- Castagne (permanent)

- Vestergaard (loan)

- Jakupovic (released)

In: 

- Raphina (Leeds)

- Lookman (RB Leipzig)

New Contract:

- Amartey

Not a chance we don't replace Tielemans. You're selling 3 central midfielders there and bringing none in?

I'm almost certain Iheanacho will be sold in the summer. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a chance we don't replace Tielemans. You're selling 3 central midfielders there and bringing none in?

I thought CDK was an attacking mid/but is he more of a forward? Should of probably added a Centre mid in hindsight. I don't know who though.

Edited by Haywood_6

48 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Out:

- Praet (permanent)

- Mendy (permanent)

- Perez (permanent)

- Tielemans (permanent)

- Castagne (permanent)

- Vestergaard (loan)

- Jakupovic (released)

In: 

- Raphina (Leeds)

- Lookman (RB Leipzig)

New Contract:

- Amartey

I would add Bertrand to the out list.

Can see Soyuncu going as well if he does not sign a new contract

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Selling Iheanacho would be the biggest  mistake this club has made in years. Even his critics would probably concede, looking at his figures that he would get 20 goals a season if played more. In reality it would probably be a lot more given a run of games.

A striker who can get 20+ in the Prem is a rare beast. The fact he hasn't played more over the last couple of years is a travesty. We're being told we can't compete with the big six, fair enough but that makes it more important that when we get a player like Iheanacho we build a team around him not complain it's difficult to accommodate him!

If we sell Iheanacho and he goes to another team in this league he will get played more and get 20-30 goals a season. Everyone will rave about him and he'll probably get resold to Chelsea or Newcastle for 80 million.

We'll be left with a retired/ retiring Vardy and an out of form Daka who can't play on his own while we complain its not possible to get a striker in who can regularly score goals in the premier league with our budget!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s all well and good to say sell Perez, Praet, Choudhury, Bertrand, Vestergaard, but I think in the summer we will realise it’s easier said than done. With the high wages they are on it will be incredibly difficult to shift them. A loan where the club pays a percentage of their wages is probably the best we will get with some of them