Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not good enough as it stands to play on his own, you either need to be very quick (which he isn't) or strong and be able to link the play and hold it up for others. His hold up play and first touch is what Rodgers criticises him for the most, it goes from the sublime to the ridiculous and there's seems to be a distinct lack of trust.

Iheanacho in a 3-4-1-2 is an exceptional player at this level, that is the system for him but sadly he's the only player in our current XI that that benefits. Maddison isn't as good in it, Vardy neither. Our full backs aren't as good at wing back as they are in a back 4 and them our central defenders are just a mess fulls top in the last year. 

He's likely off and we'll get £30-40m for him. It could turn out to be a bad decision but the truth is we need to refresh our squad and we'll need funds to do it and it's players who don't really fit in with us that will be part of how we fund that. It's cheaper to sell Iheanacho and buy a dynamic forward who can play in a front 3 (De Ketelaere/Ali-Cho) than it is keep Iheanacho who can only play in a front 2 and need more CB's and wing backs to play the system that compliments him best. 

Do you think we’d get £30/40m for him? I’d be surprised if it was much more than £20m personally. Like you say I think he can be quality, but not sure which teams fork out £30/40m for him?
Tammy Abraham was £34m and he’s a similar standard player with a similar importance to the selling team so they’re could be a market but nothing springs to mind.

55 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wow his Stats looks good, read he's contributed to 20 goals this season, could provide the service Daka needs

So do Iheanacho's, goals and assists per minute are unbelievable for someone who doesn't get a run of games.

Ok i'll shut up now I'm boring you about Iheanacho but I'll repost all this when he gets his 20th of the season for another new team and gets resold for 80 million!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Do you think we’d get £30/40m for him? I’d be surprised if it was much more than £20m personally. Like you say I think he can be quality, but not sure which teams fork out £30/40m for him?
Tammy Abraham was £34m and he’s a similar standard player with a similar importance to the selling team so they’re could be a market but nothing springs to mind.

Abraham got plenty of stick on here but has scored a handy twelve goals this season. If Iheanacho started every game he would get fifteen or more in a season. He is an unpredictable player and even his bad touches can bamboozle a defender.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Squad refresh for the summer -

Out:

- Praet (permanent)

- Mendy (permanent)

- Perez (permanent)

- Tielemans (permanent)

- Castagne (permanent)

- Vestergaard (loan)

- Jakupovic (released)

In: 

- Dael Fry (Middlesborough)

- Charles De Ketelaere (Brugge)

- Raphina (Leeds)

- Lookman (RB Leipzig)

- Calvin Ramsay (Aberdeen)

New Contract:

- Amartey

Squad is crying out for leadership. Not to recruit this would be criminal.

Edited by scinnell

2 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Iheanacho's first touch at times is subliminal, you won't see a better touch. Admittedly sometimes its not but that can't be helped by never knowing where your next game will come from.

I know you meant sublime and not subliminal, but if you do really think that then I am guessing you are his mum because his first touch is so very often shockingly bad!

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

I know you meant sublime and not subliminal, but if you do really think that then I am guessing you are his mum because his first touch is so very often shockingly bad!

You've guessed wrong I'm not his mum, just a fan who see's an excellent player. His first touch can be erratic but it can also be excellent and create goals and chances, players like that are hard to come by for any club let alone one like ours.

Oh, and if he can get figures like he has with a bad touch imagine what he could do if he was given a chance to play and build up some confidence and form.

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Yes, he'll fetch more than £30m. Look what Villa paid for Watkins or a 30 year old Danny Ings. Look what Brighton paid for Maupay and Newcastle for Joelinton. Iheanacho's goals last season will tempt a club to offer us £30-40m IMO. 

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wow so you reckon we should give Lookman a miss. Lots here reckon we'll get him in the summer, where else would he go?

What chance is their of getting Brennan Johnson?

I like Lookman as a back up left winger but not as a right winger which is where Brennan Johnson tends to play. We need 1-2 new wingers bare minimum in the summer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

You make some decent points but it really annoys me that there is always some excuse as to why we can't fit our best players into the team. We could also play 433 or 442 with him in it.

As for selling a player and bringing someone better it's not always the case. Soumare?

We have a manager who is one of the best played in the league but can't get a forward of Iheanacho's quality into the team?

He'll go to another premier league team where there manager will effortlessly get him in their system and he'll get 20 plus a season and we'll look like muppets for not playing him.

I know, it's very frustrating. I'd play 4-2-2-2 (midfield diamond) with him and either Vardy or Daka up top and either Maddison or Barnes at the tip of the midfield but he won't do so it's why I think he's off this summer if Rodgers stays.

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If Vardy is going to be first choice way into next season Daka is going to be a very disappointed young man , he is used to playing. He was probably assured he would be taking over pretty quickly.

Maybe, but he needs to show his European form in the PL to dislodge Vardy. He's working hard, and Vardy can't play every game. I'm sure he understands his position. He's certainly talked about wanting to learn as much as he can from Vardy.

The way things are going Perez, Castagne, Praet, Soumare, Bertrand, Vestergaard and maybe even Daka are going to find themselves polishing the bench. Arguably that gives us  stronger substitutes  but I'm sure that wasn't the intention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

His mum died btw. Remember the mothers day hat trick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

You've guessed wrong I'm not his mum, just a fan who see's an excellent player. His first touch can be erratic but it can also be excellent and create goals and chances, players like that are hard to come by for any club let alone one like ours.

Oh, and if he can get figures like he has with a bad touch imagine what he could do if he was given a chance to play and build up some confidence and form.

I'm not saying Iheanacho is a bad player by any stretch. His finishing can definitely be sublime, but he needs a strike partner if we're to see the best of him. With regard to his touch, I seem to remember it letting him down pretty badly in the FA Cup Final in the first half when we got in the final third. Possibly the Spurs game on the last day of last season too. It's terrible frustrating seeing the ball bounce off him when we're in great attacking positions - I suspect his touch must be why BR is not fancying him to start games.

FWIW I would like to see him play more with Daka. They looked great together in the games I saw pre-season. The two together offered more offensively than Vardy on his own IMO. Two up front also offer more movement options up front se we don't have to recycle so often at the back. Vardy is brilliant but he is no longer the fast wasp up front that he was.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not good enough as it stands to play on his own, you either need to be very quick (which he isn't) or strong and be able to link the play and hold it up for others. His hold up play and first touch is what Rodgers criticises him for the most, it goes from the sublime to the ridiculous and there's seems to be a distinct lack of trust.

Iheanacho in a 3-4-1-2 is an exceptional player at this level, that is the system for him but sadly he's the only player in our current XI that that benefits. Maddison isn't as good in it, Vardy neither. Our full backs aren't as good at wing back as they are in a back 4 and them our central defenders are just a mess fulls top in the last year. 

He's likely off and we'll get £30-40m for him. It could turn out to be a bad decision but the truth is we need to refresh our squad and we'll need funds to do it and it's players who don't really fit in with us that will be part of how we fund that. It's cheaper to sell Iheanacho and buy a dynamic forward who can play in a front 3 (De Ketelaere/Ali-Cho) than it is keep Iheanacho who can only play in a front 2 and need more CB's and wing backs to play the system that compliments him best. 

.....I  was amazed that he (Nacho) chose to extend his contract with us!!!

I have said for years that the way this club plays, does not suit him and he should move on for the sake if his career.  You would have believed that there would have been an agreement that we would look to incorporate him in the team, where he has the opportunity to be given a fair chance to prove he can be an asset to the club. Playing him as a "lone striker " is not the opportunity he needs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Depending on what happens to Chelsea this summer, there might be a real chance to steal some Cobham graduates under a changing and perhaps less savvy management. Colwill and Gallagher I'd have my eyes on

I'm not sure people who can pay 3Billion quid for a football club are going to be letting talent go on the cheap.

53 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm not sure people who can pay 3Billion quid for a football club are going to be letting talent go on the cheap.

Chelsea have been very good at doing just that until recently, when they shifted their focus to getting more youth into the first team. Maybe a change of ownership could result in a change of priorities. 

11 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Having a shocker against Chelsea today and provides an assist to Pulisic 😂

I’ve been wrong on many things before I’m not going to stop now 😂

For what it’s worth I would still take him here, I think he’s a decent centre half

• Like 2