Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Fabrizio Romano reporting this morning that premier league clubs are sniffing around Boro (on loan at Forest) right back Djed Spence at “12/14m”. We’ve got to be looking at that if we’re looking for another right back as rumoured, surely. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Don't see the need unless Castagne goes. Even then I'd rather sign a left-footed full-back so JJ can play on the right more often. 

I don’t disagree but we’re clearly after another right back for whatever reason and the links we’ve had recently. I don’t get it either.

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Fabrizio Romano reporting this morning that premier league clubs are sniffing around Boro (on loan at Forest) right back Djed Spence at “12/14m”. We’ve got to be looking at that if we’re looking for another right back as rumoured, surely. 

He is quality, would be a very good signing 

we should be all over this IMO 

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Is dean Henderson actually that good? Or is he just English and plays for a Manchester United? I thought he was okay at sheff utd but nothing special.

Kept a reasonable amount of clean sheets, lots of saves, very few errors. Think he's a very decent young keeper.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

If it's a choice between sitting on our bench or Man U's, you're gonna pick Man U. 

We've already got our Kasper replacement in Iverson. Don't get why everyone is trying to force him out the side - we have much more pressing concerns re recruitment. Kasper could go on for another few years yet. 

Hmm probably right, he wouldn't go straight into the side. 

Iversen looks good, and have heard good things about him, but is he good enough to make the step up? Not sure.

On the basis it would upset Forest fans yes. 

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

Hear me out.. I’m not saying I would, but would anyone take Maguire back?

Not for me, he has been awful at Man u. He would be a quality player 20 plus years ago when every team were playing with wingers as he is one of the best centre halfs in the air. The game has moved on and you need pace to cope against sides like Man City & Liverpool.

For me we should stick with the blueprint as we did when recruiting Fofana. 

4 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Hear me out.. I’m not saying I would, but would anyone take Maguire back?

No. Not under any circumstances !!

His wage package is totally prohibitive & his pace & mobility has fallen off a cliff.

Man U ruin players by handing out ridiculous contracts that very few other clubs can assume ...

11 hours ago, Dusty said:

Is dean Henderson actually that good? Or is he just English and plays for a Manchester United? I thought he was okay at sheff utd but nothing special.

He's very good but needs to be a number 1 somewhere and play week in week out. 

23 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

We have shown interest in Gerardo Arteaga .

It's not at all obvious why. Even if we can palm off Bertrand, we'd have Castagne, JJ and Luke for LB? Maybe JJ's down to play RB next season and the rumours about Casatgne are true.