Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

5 hours ago, Shane said:

Wonder if Rodgers will try sign Karamoko Dembele for the youth as his contract runs out in the summer. 

Guessing we would need to pay a small compensation fee? Could be worth the risk. 

.. I would very much like to see this!!!

Dembele has suffered with injuries, has just come back from an operation, came back on the bench, injured again. We would be taking a big risk to bring him here,  we know he has skill, has not progressed as he should have, his height seems to be a detriment in certain aspects.

For a few million it might just be a gamble worth taking, it could all turn fir him and we could bring him through slowly with a experience Right Winger in place.

I always suspected he would come here.

On 17/03/2022 at 09:33, lcfc sheff said:

By no means a priority but I’d be selling Castagne and going for Spence, he’s class 

I prefer to Keep to Castagna...in fact All our FBs..

After return of the fit Castagna,He will again prove what a Class Act he is..

The least of our priorities right Now & over the Next season is Another FB,especially when one hopes to see After a short Time other FBs to

develope through our accademy or young transfers..

On 18/03/2022 at 13:07, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I would very much like to see this!!!

Dembele has suffered with injuries, has just come back from an operation, came back on the bench, injured again. We would be taking a big risk to bring him here,  we know he has skill, has not progressed as he should have, his height seems to be a detriment in certain aspects.

For a few million it might just be a gamble worth taking, it could all turn fir him and we could bring him through slowly with a experience Right Winger in place.

I always suspected he would come here.

Customary "player always injured so will fit right in here" joke. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I really quite liked Rennes' LB Truffert. Only 20 as well.

He was top quality. Still raw but has Premier League written all over him. 

But with Thomas, JJ, Riccy P, Bertrand and Castagne on the books I can’t see us signing a full back, unless Castagne leaves. 

56 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He was top quality. Still raw but has Premier League written all over him. 

But with Thomas, JJ, Riccy P, Bertrand and Castagne on the books I can’t see us signing a full back, unless Castagne leaves. 

He would cost a bit. Rennes spent more than us last summer.  I can't see them letting players go cheaply. 

37 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Gonna need a new back up to Ndidi at this rate, presuming mendy wont be here much longer 

....OHL has a player Mandela Keita who I feel could come in and be successful here!!!

Very good on the ball, does not get phased in tight circumstances and plays it simple to creative players around him. Like Mendy I believe he can pick the ball up and drive forward if teams seek to press us or attempt to sit deep.

It is good to see Mendy more positive in what he does on the pitch, he has spent too long with us playing facing his own goal. If I recall, did Puel not have him at another club where he ran their midfield.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think the young Brentford player who came on as a sub in the second half Shandon Baptista made Brentford play much better and was breaking up play aswell

I thought he looked good when he came on, never heard of him Before 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Joe Worrall has looked decent the couple of times I’ve seen him this season. Good age 25 and 6’4”

6 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Just been given motm.

Can you imagine Leicester taking a Forest cb?  Jeez! The very thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interesting bit in this Tifo video about Pedro Goncalvez at Sporting - plays in that exact spot we're looking for (Right sided attacking midfielder) and putting up great numbers - only catch is he's right footed.

16 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Interesting bit in this Tifo video about Pedro Goncalvez at Sporting - plays in that exact spot we're looking for (Right sided attacking midfielder) and putting up great numbers - only catch is he's right footed.

I am convinced who ever we signed for that RW role is going to be right footed, can juts see it now 🤣

Most of creativity and attack comes down the left side. Imagine how much better we’d be with a great right winger. We’d be a nightmare to play against with the quality of our fullbacks. Still want us to get that lad from PSV over Berardi. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1