Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

On 23/03/2022 at 19:30, Bert said:

Does anyone think Bale would be realistic? He’s leaving Real on a free in the summer. Would defo take him here but would he come? Or would we be even interested? 

On tonights showing he’s still got something about him. We are closer to Wales than Madrid and our training facility has a golf course… 

Raphael Lea'i he is a 18 year old forward ( plays both wings and center forward) that has scored over 2 goals a game on average. Now he hasn't been talked about much outside of his region. But will be when they see his performances for Solomon islands national team especially if he can drag them into the world cup. He would cost under £500,000 and I feel is well worth the risk even if he only turns into half the player he looks like he could become.

Edited by Attywolf

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Noni Madueke usually plays right wing, but played left wing for England U21 tonight. Him and Luke Thomas had incredible interplay throughout the game, you'd almost think they both played for Leicester.

We have Barnes on that side already, and Lookman a great option. But take a look at some of the chances these two conjured up in this match. The opposition might not be the best, but perhaps a sneak preview of both that the PSV game will be like, but potentially what a new Leicester signing could do. Madeuke and Rodgers would fit our team like a glove IMO!

Colwill also played left centre back...

Come on Agent Luke lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Noni Madueke usually plays right wing, but played left wing for England U21 tonight. Him and Luke Thomas had incredible interplay throughout the game, you'd almost think they both played for Leicester.

We have Barnes on that side already, and Lookman a great option. But take a look at some of the chances these two conjured up in this match. The opposition might not be the best, but perhaps a sneak preview of both that the PSV game will be like, but potentially what a new Leicester signing could do. Madeuke and Rodgers would fit our team like a glove IMO!

Madueke over Berardi all day long for me!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I was enjoying watching that until Luke got nutmegged for the goal lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Madueke could easily be more expensive than Tielemans at this point.

He's not had a good season, lots of injuries and off the field problems. If we are to take a punt on him it's this summer and his price won't have gone up. Would get him for £25m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Madueke could easily be more expensive than Tielemans at this point.

If he can't give Andorra the run around then he should be playing in the conference. He has been ordinary for his club. I would prefer Lookman any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not had a good season, lots of injuries and off the field problems. If we are to take a punt on him it's this summer and his price won't have gone up. Would get him for £25m

Which is about what I would expect we'll get for Tielemans.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....I still do not see him going, but I would think we are going to be getting a much better price than £25m, should he be sold!!!

You can talk about Madueke having a poor season, but Tielemans has had a poor season too.  He's not exactly a physical powerhouse and doesn't have the pace to play in the system of a lot of big teams' midfield (like Liverpool).  Expecting much more than 25 million may not be realistic at this point.  The club may not want to sell him at that number, but if he pushes hard for a move it's going to be difficult to avoid it. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Which is about what I would expect we'll get for Tielemans.

I'd imagine we'd get slightly more than Danny ings with a year left 🤣

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No way, we'll get £35-45m

From who? Where does he fit that also has the budget to splash that on someone who’s essentially a complementary piece on a superteam?  Scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup counts a lot more with our fans than their boards.

I would be thrilled to get 35 for Youri, believe me.  Maybe we will, but I really think his limitations severely restrict the market.  It’s the same idea with Ndidi - we haven’t even heard a peep about a big club seriously pursuing him.  Why?  Because while he’s very good for us, he doesn’t fit with the football “super league” clubs typically play.  Youri potentially could, but it’s a very specific type of club.  I don’t think any of the power clubs in the PL really work for him - if he wants that sort of move it’s probably going to have to be to the continent.

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

From who? Where does he fit that also has the budget to splash that on someone who’s essentially a complementary piece on a superteam?  Scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup counts a lot more with our fans than their boards.

I would be thrilled to get 35 for Youri, believe me.  Maybe we will, but I really think his limitations severely restrict the market.  It’s the same idea with Ndidi - we haven’t even heard a peep about a big club seriously pursuing him.  Why?  Because while he’s very good for us, he doesn’t fit with the football “super league” clubs typically play.  Youri potentially could, but it’s a very specific type of club.  I don’t think any of the power clubs in the PL really work for him - if he wants that sort of move it’s probably going to have to be to the continent.

Italy is his perfect destination. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

With the right sort of midfield partners and improved ball retention skills he could be a major player in Italy. He has a great football brain and that is a fundamental requirement in Italian football with their defensive qualities.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Juventus

4 hours ago, Sly said:

I agree, Italy is perfect for him.  I also think it's a lot less likely you're going to get 35 million from an Italian club than an English one.  There's basically one in Serie A that could or would pay that and they aren't going into a bidding war against themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Juventus

Depends on if their financial situation has improved and whether they'll have much left to spend in the summer after signing Vlahovic, which was reported to be from their summers budget but had to do the deal in January due to strong interest from elsewhere. They've tended to do quite a few loan to buys in the last few seasons as well, such as Locatelli & Chiesa. 

• Like 1