Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Depends on if their financial situation has improved and whether they'll have much left to spend in the summer after signing Vlahovic, which was reported to be from their summers budget but had to do the deal in January due to strong interest from elsewhere. They've tended to do quite a few loan to buys in the last few seasons as well, such as Locatelli & Chiesa. 

Getting £35m for Kulusevski guaranteed. De Ligt also looking to move on for big money. Dyabala and some high earners off in the summer, big rebuild project.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

After Barca's recent splurge I fail to believe ever that any of these big clubs are low on money. I reckon any of the big 3 in Italy could pay it. Not sure AC would though.

I can see Juventus.

Milan definitely wouldn't, they have had to be very careful with their wage structure and their incomings, and Inter isn't much better off - they replaced Lukaku with a free transfer after all. Think Juventus is really the only realistic "next level" destination for him, but they won't be inclined to overpay when they have us over the barrel. Arsenal might go for him but I think his physical limitations would probably hold him back from moving there.

We paid £18m for Castagne with a year left on his deal. Ings went for £30m with a year left, he's not going anywhere for a similar fee to what we paid.

I can see Juve and Real being interested. Real especially as they've an ageing midfield and it's not like Kroos & Modric are particularly strong runners either.

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We paid £18m for Castagne with a year left on his deal. Ings went for £30m with a year left, he's not going anywhere for a similar fee to what we paid.

I can see Juve and Real being interested. Real especially as they've an ageing midfield and it's not like Kroos & Modric are particularly strong runners either.

We paid £24m for Castagne didn't we? £17m for Soumare with a year left an'all. Tielemans for £35m will have many takers. I think he'll go for around £40m with add on's.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We paid £24m for Castagne didn't we? £17m for Soumare with a year left an'all. Tielemans for £35m will have many takers. I think he'll go for around £40m with add on's.

Transfermarkt said £18m, I thought it was over £20m at the time

On 27/03/2022 at 05:44, Sly said:

Italy is his perfect destination. 

Unfortunately, there aren't many if any Italian teams that would be willing to fork out 30+m for him I don't think. I'd suggest that he's far more rated by Leicester fans than likely suitors. I don't see anyone else being that excited by him because unless he improves considerably, his 'overall' game and contribution really isn't as special as some people claim it is, the word 'potential' has been banded about for a few years now yet he somehow has to leave us to flourish? Players like Marhez, Kante and certain players from our past stood out like sore thumbs prior to moving on to bigger things. Tielemans doesn't, he just has potential. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Premiership teams are more willing to pay more than Spanish and Italian sides because quite frankly, we have more to waste and more to spend on wages. It's part of what make us more attractive. 

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Premiership teams are more willing to pay more than Spanish and Italian sides because quite frankly, we have more to waste and more to spend on wages. It's part of what make us more attractive. 

And PL teams will drive up the price for Youri this summer, if any overseas club wants him they'll have to pay north of £30-35m easily.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

And PL teams will drive up the price for Youri this summer, if any overseas club wants him they'll have to pay north of £30-35m easily.

I agree they would, i think you're right, but I just can't see them doing it. I think they'd have other priorities for that amount of money. 

Because Now The Market has been for us...

I would look to turn this forums approach around...

Priorities...

Do our Damn best to Keep both Tielemans AND Praet..I actually Dont believe we will find mch better than Mendy, this could be his era .

If Ndidi extends his Leicester career,I See no panic there...(DM) 

To get a RW, its One of those situations, a Top RW will either to fall into laps or he wont...I Dont think we are so Desperate for one,no matter how preffered.

A Quality CB..Though an on the Button support & Development of Nelson, could sooth any desperation..

Another young CF, who gives us Plan B & C...

A Club like Leicester should get off this Transfer merry-go-round, and not Buy for buying sake....and buy if it is Somebody who lights up our imagination...

and  a large Improvement on any individual positions we already have that does push us forward...

Instead of Selling our biggest quality assets, Why Not 3-5, that havent pushed on or improved our/their levels, these last 3 years...

Isnt that how it should be...

A 95% fit squad of our top players, are still Good enough to compete for those Top 7-4 places. The achieving has to be earnt

• Like 1

On 26/03/2022 at 14:24, Deeg67 said:

You can talk about Madueke having a poor season, but Tielemans has had a poor season too.  He's not exactly a physical powerhouse and doesn't have the pace to play in the system of a lot of big teams' midfield (like Liverpool).  Expecting much more than 25 million may not be realistic at this point.  The club may not want to sell him at that number, but if he pushes hard for a move it's going to be difficult to avoid it. 

Anything under £40 mill....naaa.  Belgium International.

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Anything under £40 mill....naaa.  Belgium International.

... We'll be lucky to take what we can get. Outside maybe Arsenal and Juventus, can't really see a team that would genuinely be in for him - nobody say Real Madrid, he's surely not good enough, they're the biggest club in the world. Renewing his contract would probably be a mistake too, with the new FFP laws

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

... We'll be lucky to take what we can get. Outside maybe Arsenal and Juventus, can't really see a team that would genuinely be in for him - nobody say Real Madrid, he's surely not good enough, they're the biggest club in the world. Renewing his contract would probably be a mistake too, with the new FFP laws

Everton says “Hi!”   lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Depends on the length of contract the 70% doesn't come in until 2025.

Also by then we should have increase our revenues, bigger ground resulting in more match day income etc.

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Depends on the length of contract the 70% doesn't come in until 2025.

Also by then we should have increase our revenues, bigger ground resulting in more match day income etc.

If we renew Tielemans, it would have to be for a huge sum, which would hurt us when we renew our players in the near future, which would ultimately have impacts for when the FFP laws start to hit us. Hopefully the increase in revenue helps, but we also have to make efforts to reduce our current wage bill which is super high. 

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we renew Tielemans, it would have to be for a huge sum, which would hurt us when we renew our players in the near future, which would ultimately have impacts for when the FFP laws start to hit us. Hopefully the increase in revenue helps, but we also have to make efforts to reduce our current wage bill which is super high. 

A 160k contract is 8.3m a year x that by 4 years its 34m

How much is a replacement going to cost in transfer fee 30m? 

They aren't playing for free so lets say they are on 50k week for 4 years 10m 

So new player would be around 40m in total.

Chance are are two big earners Vardy and Kasper, leave in the next year or so or sign new contract on reduce term due to age. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

A 160k contract is 8.3m a year x that by 4 years its 34m

How much is a replacement going to cost in transfer fee 30m? 

They aren't playing for free so lets say they are on 50k week for 4 years 10m 

So new player would be around 40m in total.

Chance are are two big earners Vardy and Kasper, leave in the next year or so or sign new contract on reduce term due to age. 

Don't forget we get a fee for selling Youri. If we use your figures, keeping him costs £34m, and replacing him costs £40m minus the fee for Youri, which shouldn't be too far from that amount. Replacing him could effectively cost us nothing, or even bring a profit.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 1

With every passing season and the rules change to make it harder for teams outside of the big 6 to compete, I really hope we loom to focus a large part of our rebuild on young players in the 16 - 21 category. They might not be the ones required for this summers 1st team refresh but given we need to cut the squad of our expensive fringe players, especially if we don't have any European football then we need a much deeper and talented academy to lean on.

It's quite surprising we've not looked at Derby's dire situation in recent years and taken any of their best youngsters, or West Brom who Villa, Wolves and others have nabbed time after time as they have one of the best academies out there. I do wonder if we morally don't like to stoop to such methods but as long as we do it in the right way and provide a platform and culture for the best academy players in the Midlands then why shouldn't we?

• Like 2