Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been saying it for a long while, Iheanacho will be sold. 

Well it is blatantly obvious Brendan doesn’t want to either play him or play to his strengths, obviously feels two strikers on at the same time is of too bigger sacrifice to the team. Where will he go is the question, Newcastle?

15 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Only thing I can think of is if we also sign Lookman and hope either him or Barnes can fill in when need be whilst under the assumption we sign another winger 

By the sound of it we are going for Madueke again 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If we sell iheanacho and Perez then we’ve only got Daka and Vardy… how are we expected to last the whole season with two strikers?

Because we will sign a winger that also plays through the middle or an ACM thst also plays through the middle like De Ketelaere.

I'd also not be surprised to see a 16-19 year old striker signed, we've been tracking a few this year from academies that will be expected to be in and around the 1st team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If we sell iheanacho and Perez then we’ve only got Daka and Vardy… how are we expected to last the whole season with two strikers?

By signing de ketelaere and another CF by the look of it 

• Like 1

I'm fascinated to see how we fund this overhaul. If Tielemans somehow runs his contract down then we'll have to sell one high value asset this summer and even if he goes for £25-35m I don't see us having a net spend above £25-30m without European football.

Iheanacho we could get £30m for or more but Soyuncu we'll be lucky to get above £25m. Perez we'll have to agree to someone covering his wages at best. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/03/31/brendan-rodgers-planning-leicester-citys-summer-rebuild/

Targeting 3 major signings: centre back, number 8, right winger

Tielemans, Iheanacho, Soyuncu, Perez could be sold

Tielemans £25m asking price, could still stay and then leave for free

New centre half essential, Tarkowski not being considered, looking to do another Fofana-esque signing

New Head of Recruitment close, possibly as early as next month

We want Madueke also.

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/03/31/brendan-rodgers-planning-leicester-citys-summer-rebuild/

New centre half essential, Tarkowski not being considered, looking to do another Fofana-esque signing

I’m guessing our CB options are going to be:

Fofana, New CB, Amartey, Evans, Vestergaard.

Honestly looks pretty dire on paper. Evans will probably get injured meaning Vestergaard will be more involved. 

Amartey is a solid 4th choice squad player but surely we need a better 3rd choice option if we’re aiming for Europe? 

Need to bin Vestergaard and sign 2 CB’s.

32 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

We will probably sign a versatile attacker, such as De Ketelaere.

We also have some exciting young attackers coming through like Popov, Pennant & Alves. 

11 minutes ago, Shane said:

I’m guessing our CB options are going to be:

Fofana, New CB, Amartey, Evans, Vestergaard.

Honestly looks pretty dire on paper. Evans will probably get injured meaning Vestergaard will be more involved. 

Amartey is a solid 4th choice squad player but surely we need a better 3rd choice option if we’re aiming for Europe? 

Need to bin Vestergaard and sign 2 CB’s.

We need 2 new CB's don't we. This notion we're after 3 players is ridiculous. We need 5 or 6 and about 10 out.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need 2 new CB's don't we. This notion we're after 3 players is ridiculous. We need 5 or 6 and about 10 out.

As you know Ric , what we may need and what we get are never going to be the same. Once you sign for LCFC these days , you get a nice fat contract and you don't give that up easily. With the exception of Youri, all our valuable players are needed for next season and you don't weaken your team unnecessarily. We have to look closely at our younger assets , the more Barnes and KDHs we can bring through the better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

We have to have players that can play multiple positions, new FFP rules mean small clubs have to be smarter when constructing squads. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Or we look to use our own home grown talents I suppose. 

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just don't see where the finances come from for this.

We need to raise north of £100m minimum.

We normally spend 25-30m of our own money, if Nacho, Soyuncu, Youri go we are looking at 75m ish coming in. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah maybe someone on loan with an option to buy to help save funds. 

Question is who could we sign on loan to be a solid 3rd choice option? Or maybe we will dip into the free transfers market, with players like Denayer being available. 

We need a CB List @Ric Flair! Strength in depth at CB could be as big of a priority as RW. 

• Haha 1

I think we need more depth at CM rather than CB.

Youri will more than likely leave, as will Praet, and I'm sorry but Soumare hasn't done much to convince me - though obviously we all hope he comes good still.

Controversial I know but I'd also be looking to offload Ndidi whilst his stock is still relatively high OR shift him to centre back permanently, we need a more balanced midfield and as good as he is at winning the ball and being a presence, I do think if we had 3 more balanced players in the middle of the pitch we'd look a much better unit.

I'd be going all out for Caqueret from Lyon who will be a superstar, Gallagher from Chelsea (probably out of our reach though) and I think I'm in the minority here but I wouldn't mind Normann who's currently at Norwich as back up - always stood out whenever I've watched him, and saw we were linked earlier in the week.

Edited by Fosse93
  • Like 1

My very early prediction for this summer.

Ins: Madueke (RW), CDK (Utility forward), Nahitan Nandez (CM) William Saliba (CB - part of a deal to send Tielemans to Arsenal - this one is slightly tongue in cheek but Fofana would love to play alongside Saliba). 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 4

So what are we thinking then? The seemingly obvious choices for the positions stated are Colwill, De Ketelaere & Madueke. Which would be very good if we got them all, but you'd have to think we'd still be looking a bit light in other areas and these would surely cost us quite a significant chunk of cash. If money's no option then I'd add Massengo and Scott from Bristol City too, and Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen - but for those 6 you're probably looking quite a bit north of £100m. Even if we can raise a bit of cash from Tielemans, Soyuncu, Iheanacho etc, we'd still have to dig fairly deep. I suppose one of the good things about the signings we tend to make these days, is that they're always young lads with a lot of potential and we generally go on to sell them for much more than we paid for them - in that way, I guess you can look at it as more of an investment in assets that will increase in value, rather than pure financial outlay.

Sounds like it'll be an interesting summer either way!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I suppose we can get around it a little bit if we are sensible with wages we give to new signings and structure transfer fees in ways that suit us.

Our wage structure is maxed out to high heaven and no European football next season will be a big headache in that regard and trying to freshen up the squad. 

Soyuncu is on less than £50k a week and is still on the same contract as when he 1st signed for us. Tielemans will be on near double that but still significantly less than our real top earners, so we may well need to lose a lot of players or at least another 1-2 high earners. Praet, Vestergaard and Perez on stupid dough given their roles here but how easy will it be to move them on?

• Sad 1