Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I personally wouldn't get overly hung up on "replacing" Tielemans, it's a bit like replacing Mahrez, you're probably going to have to go outside the box to replace his contributions with multiple people around the park. 

If its true that we're still looking at Madueke, I'd be happy if we brought in him and CDK as our main piece or business and followed that up with a CB if Cags is going. I wouldn't sweat CM. 

More attacking midfielders / wingers coming in gives us the freedom to move Madders back to 8, where he was fantastic when Rodgers first arrived, and to keep KDH going in the starting eleven. I'm not concerned about them not having YT's exact skill set if we're bringing in two players further up the pitch who can beat a man like Madueke or hold the ball like CDK. 

For games against stronger sides, something like:

Kasper 

Back four 

Madders, Ndidi, KDH 

CDK/Madueke, CDK/Barnes 

Vardy/Daka 

And for games we expect to dominate:

Kasper

Back four

Madders, KDH 

Madueke, CDK, Barnes 

Vardy/Daka

I'd be pretty content if we went in to a new season lining up like that. 

What concerns me more is the lack of depth we'll have if we sell all the players we're apparently going to to fund the transfers. For the last two or three years it's felt like we're constantly swimming against the tide, having to sign players to plug gaps in the first team and having no opportunity to actually cultivate depth. We're always going to be exposed to injuries even if we don't have a crisis on the scale of this year. 

We would get ruined with madders playing in the 6 position. Madders was good in the 8 at first but he’s had a lot of injuries since then and lost some pace. When he tried playing there the other week he didn’t influence the game at all. Personally think he’s a 10 only nowadays with some cameos on the RW.

Personally I’d sign a couple of CMs. If Tielemans, praet, Mendy and Hamza all go and I think it’s very likely at least three go then we deffo need some reinforcements. I like Kone from Gladbach to play in the 6 and then someone like Adli to play 8 or rotate 10 with madders. 

I think surely you do at least still bring in a CM even if it is just Normann as a relative cheap option. I generally agree with the thinking though. For numbers sake as much as anything.

Maddison played as an 8 but crucially had Ndidi behind him.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think surely you do at least still bring in a CM even if it is just Normann as a relative cheap option. I generally agree with the thinking though. For numbers sake as much as anything.

Maddison played as an 8 but crucially had Ndidi behind him.

Sander Berge would be a player I'd be tempted to get in if Hamza/Mendy and Praet leave. If Tielemans goes then I'd want someone like Kockü or Aouar in but Berge is a player who'd revel in a Rodgers system.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I hope you're right and maybe that's what'll happen but we don't really have loads of power in this one, and I'm not sure it'll shoot up from whatever we're initially offered.

£25mil would be a huge disappointment. How Ings can go for more is just staggering.

I agree 100%. What I said above is definitely wishful thinking as you’re probably correct - if you set the price tag at 25m then I can’t see it exceeding 35m. 

It is a tricky one but we have been lucky with players at times. He is a good example, whilst he was having a difficult time at Monaco, we still got an upcoming player for a very good price tag. Unfortunately, the opposite can occur. Given that we sold Maguire & Chilwell for a combined amount of 130m, we may have to take a loss on this one.

It is easy to say now but we should have tied him down to a contract. Maybe it wasn’t as easy as this, however, when we were sat in 2nd/3rd last season, a big contract with a realistic release clause would have left us in a better place. That is my only frustration.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

On 31/03/2022 at 10:21, LestaLad said:

Colwill’s the one.

He looks to have everything but I'll be surprised if Chelsea sell him this summer. 

We need 2 new CB's if Soyuncu is off. The more I look at what's out there the more one of them should be Niakhate from Mainz. He's just turned 26, 1 year left on his contract and is left footed and ticks all the boxes. He'd their captain and a real leader.

He's the sort of steady mid twenties experienced player we could do with and then look to bring a 18-22 year old athletic and modern defender in in the mould of Fofana, Colwill would be the one but as I've said I think they'll keep him and use him. Ben Cabango at Swansea is one I'd look at too.

In:

Pope (if Kasper or Ward go, preferably the latter, cheaper too if Burnley go down)

Berrardi or Madueke - wouldn’t mind either

Ake - hasn’t had a look in at City really, could be decent for us if he stays fit

Rob Dickie - won’t cost a huge fee and having a blinding season for QPR

Out:

Bertrand - hasn’t worked out at all

Youri - (rather he stayed if given the choice)

Praet - can’t see him breaking into the side

Mendy - too many in front of him

Perez - try and recoup a bit of the 30m we paid for him before he’s worth peanuts

Edited by Trelleh

34 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

In:

Pope (if Kasper or Ward go, preferably the latter, cheaper too if Burnley go down)

Berrardi or Madueke - wouldn’t mind either

Ake - hasn’t had a look in at City really, could be decent for us if he stays fit

Rob Dickie - won’t cost a huge fee and having a blinding season for QPR

Out:

Bertrand - hasn’t worked out at all

Youri - (rather he stayed if given the choice)

Praet - can’t see him breaking into the side

Mendy - too many in front of him

Perez - try and recoup a bit of the 30m we paid for him before he’s worth peanuts

You'd not bring in a central midfielder if Youri went but also you'd let Praet and Mendy go too? 

I’d be quite happy with 4 CBs going into next season provided the new CB is pretty much ready to go straight in alongside Fofana. With reduced playing time you would like to think Evans can be then managed through a season, and the emergence of Amartey is a very adequate 4th choice. In the event of another injury crisis then the likes of Brunt/Nelson will have to be called upon. Can’t just stock pile CBs on high wages in case worrying about Evans blowing up. We need to trim this bloated squad. 

26 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

I’d be quite happy with 4 CBs going into next season provided the new CB is pretty much ready to go straight in alongside Fofana. With reduced playing time you would like to think Evans can be then managed through a season, and the emergence of Amartey is a very adequate 4th choice. In the event of another injury crisis then the likes of Brunt/Nelson will have to be called upon. Can’t just stock pile CBs on high wages in case worrying about Evans blowing up. We need to trim this bloated squad. 

" In the event of another injury crisis " there will be one, what evidence is there there won't be, there has been for best part of 2 seasons now. Brunt will be too old to not be registered and play PL next season so I think we at least need 5 CB's. 

29 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Nelson has only just turned 18. Rodgers hasn't played him this season despite having few other options at times and I'm not sure that will change next season. So, he may well go out on loan. He needs first team football and it's not looking like he will get it here in the near future. No criticism, who else is playing CB in the Prem at 18?

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

" In the event of another injury crisis " there will be one, what evidence is there there won't be, there has been for best part of 2 seasons now. Brunt will be too old to not be registered and play PL next season so I think we at least need 5 CB's. 

Yeah fair enough your probably right, it just seems unless your playing a back 3, having 5 senior CBs on the books is excessive, especially with the probability of no European football so won’t be the need for as much rotation and keeping them happy/match fit would be tricky 

10 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Yeah fair enough your probably right, it just seems unless your playing a back 3, having 5 senior CBs on the books is excessive, especially with the probability of no European football so won’t be the need for as much rotation and keeping them happy/match fit would be tricky 

Yes it does seem excessive and if by some magic we solve our injury problems a squad of 25 will be too many but you can't ever take that risk.

6 hours ago, Dusty said:

We would get ruined with madders playing in the 6 position. Madders was good in the 8 at first but he’s had a lot of injuries since then and lost some pace. When he tried playing there the other week he didn’t influence the game at all. Personally think he’s a 10 only nowadays with some cameos on the RW.

Personally I’d sign a couple of CMs. If Tielemans, praet, Mendy and Hamza all go and I think it’s very likely at least three go then we deffo need some reinforcements. I like Kone from Gladbach to play in the 6 and then someone like Adli to play 8 or rotate 10 with madders. 

...not sure anyone has actually advocated for Madders to play #6!!!

Playing  him at #8 would work  for him for the league and for International games.

Gravenbach, Dahoud or Pyerre would be good additions to the team.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He looks to have everything but I'll be surprised if Chelsea sell him this summer. 

We need 2 new CB's if Soyuncu is off. The more I look at what's out there the more one of them should be Niakhate from Mainz. He's just turned 26, 1 year left on his contract and is left footed and ticks all the boxes. He'd their captain and a real leader.

He's the sort of steady mid twenties experienced player we could do with and then look to bring a 18-22 year old athletic and modern defender in in the mould of Fofana, Colwill would be the one but as I've said I think they'll keep him and use him. Ben Cabango at Swansea is one I'd look at too.

Ndicka is another CB who fits our profile.

1 year left on his contract, 22 years old & has 6 goal contributions this season.

Frankfurt have played an attacking style for a few seasons now & Ndicka has proven he can progress the ball from the back & play in a high line. 

Could form a really good partnership with Fofana. 

A62F31D4-780A-4964-A5B6-C7CE5CDC5E9D.thumb.jpeg.f0a67ced281113d9dffd062d954850ce.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

Ndicka is another CB who fits our profile.

1 year left on his contract, 22 years old & has 6 goal contributions this season.

Frankfurt have played an attacking style for a few seasons now & Ndicka has proven he can progress the ball from the back & play in a high line. 

Could form a really good partnership with Fofana. 

A62F31D4-780A-4964-A5B6-C7CE5CDC5E9D.thumb.jpeg.f0a67ced281113d9dffd062d954850ce.jpeg

Yes, he's someone I've suggested before. I follow Frankfurt quite closely, they signed one of my favourite rough diamonds I've found in years in Jesper Lindstrom. We should be scouting him regularly! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Interest in a young french baller apparently. 

These links to strikers certainly suggest Iheanacho will probably be on his way in the summer

Although unlike the others we have been linked to this guy is pretty much just an out and out striker rather than being able to / being regularly used in other positions

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

These links to strikers certainly suggest Iheanacho will probably be on his way in the summer

Although unlike the others we have been linked to this guy is pretty much just an out and out striker rather than being able to / being regularly used in other positions

...just looked on YouTube, pretty run of the mill, he will end of frustrating everyone with his finishing!!!

He has a tendency to just shoot at goal as opposed to picking an area and putting the ball there. 8 goals from 29 games and no assists shows he gets on to the end of things but shoots at the keeper. The skill is to get yourself into the positions that he does, being able to clinically finish, is not what he is good at.

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just looked on YouTube, pretty run of the mill, he will end of frustrating everyone with his finishing!!!

He has a tendency to just shoot at goal as opposed to picking an area and putting the ball there. 8 goals from 29 games and no assists shows he gets on to the end of things but shoots at the keeper. The skill is to get yourself into the positions that he does, being able to clinically finish, is not what he is good at.

He is 20 years old so not really surprising he needs to develop. 

He got 5 assist on loan at Lens last season.

56 app, 16 goals, 6 assist at Lens over two season (On loan) is pretty decent. 

In minutes he's only played 36 games 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Brennan Johnson absolutely smoking today, yet again. 2 goals and an assist and its only half time.

Looks like so many clubs want him now including Spurs.

Are we really after him and how much is he worth......think someone should start a thread on him just to get the board interested.

You wanna start a thread on him Ric?

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Looks like so many clubs want him now including Spurs.

Are we really after him and how much is he worth......think someone should start a thread on him just to get the board interested

Percy has said we are very interested in him and Madueke. Scouted both all season. We tend to look at players from the Championship who show up well against us and that cup game he destroyed us, along with Spence.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Percy has said we are very interested in him and Madueke. Scouted both all season. We tend to look at players from the Championship who show up well against us and that cup game he destroyed us, along with Spence.

Would rather have Johnson first, I've gone abit off Madueke when he didn't want to sign us last summer and extended his contract and don't know how he's been this season. What do you think how's he been and should we go for him?

Would love us to get Johnson and Spence and maybe Charles de Ketelaere.

19 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Would rather have Johnson first, I've gone abit off Madueke when he didn't want to sign us last summer and extended his contract and don't know how he's been this season. What do you think how's he been and should we go for him?

Would love us to get Johnson and Spence and maybe Charles de Ketelaere.

Madueke was injured for 4 months, I still think he's got that aura about him that he's destined to become a top player but so is Johnson. Ideally I'd love us to get both, Johnson is so versatile as well. If we could find £45m to get the pair then we should.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Madueke was injured for 4 months, I still think he's got that aura about him that he's destined to become a top player but so is Johnson. Ideally I'd love us to get both, Johnson is so versatile as well. If we could find £45m to get the pair then we should.

And what about Djed Spence and Charles de Ketelaere should we go after them aswell? 

That be a huge summer with for signings roughly 80-90m 

Can't see us signing all 4

Who would you drop?