Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

We better hope so or we'll get nothing(contract expires in june 2023). Criminal how underrated he is on this forum given what he has had to deal with. Aka injuries to other players leaving us no depth at the back and little rest for him given the amount of matches we play aka more injuries for him. There have to be clubs out there with their mouths watering given how difficult it is to find world class defenders. Especially with his skill set. Sometimes I ask myself how well Fofana would have done if he were placed in the same circumstances.

Could any human have been able to carry the ship on their own. Doubt it.

....on the contrary, he has been carried by the team during the season!!!

His reluctance to take control and lead in the defence, has not helped us or him and the constant changes in partnerships has not helped our cause. If anything, Amartey has been the one who has stepped up and become the one to take the responsibilities in the backline, putting in solid performances, where they have now began to gel and made us better.

Soyuncu is a quality CB, pretty much on his day, verging on World Class, but his reluctance to step up when needed is his Achilles heel. With Fofana and Evans back, and no responsibilities in organising the defence, he is looking back to his old self, where we should be looking at asking for top dollar to let him go.

Yes he has had some stick on here regarding his performances and much of it merited, I believe.

11 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I reckon Soyuncu will sign an extension , if he wants the move to a nailed on CL side , he needs an injury free season behind him allowing him to regain his top form. Then we will have the chance to cash in.

I would much rather this happened then try and sell him this summer whilst his stock is low. We can forget about CB, and focus on CM and RW.

If, let's say, we saw Tielemans leave for the reported £25m, Praet for £10m, and then scrape together another £10m from Perez, Choudhury, Vestergaard, and Bertrand, we would have £45 million - another £20 million or so from the owners and we have enough money for Johnson/Madueke and a more physical Tielemans replacement like Renato Sanches for instance. 

Unless Soyuncu has a good closer to the season where he can command £30m+, it feels like we'd be better off holding onto a known quantity like him than trying to replace him. 

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No I don't, Praet another on nearly 100k a week, will be a loan with an option to buy again I'm afraid. This 4 month injury has set him back to square one.

Show me evidence of fringe players we've got decent money for in recent years? 

Musa was quite a bit wasn't he

Probably 3/4 players in. 2/3 shipped out. No team sells/purchases 7+ players in a transfer window. Like others have said this ain't football manager. We won't be raising 100 mil on players by selling 5x players. Need to be more realistic. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No I don't, Praet another on nearly 100k a week, will be a loan with an option to buy again I'm afraid. This 4 month injury has set him back to square one.

Show me evidence of fringe players we've got decent money for in recent years? 

His not on 100k a week accord to most sources it around 60-70k

57 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

His not on 100k a week accord to most sources it around 60-70k

I read at the time of him signing for Torino how staggered Serie A clubs were at his wages and it was about €5m a season so depending on the exchange rate certainly north of £80k a week.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I read at the time of him signing for Torino how staggered Serie A clubs were at his wages and it was about €5m a season so depending on the exchange rate certainly north of £80k a week.

We have consistently paid high salaries to attract players since the Championship season. Slimani was persuaded with £5 million a year . That is one of the reasons we try for young over experienced players. They are cheaper but agents are getting wise to that and now if we want a promising young player we are going to need to offer big contracts. More players from the academy is the cost effective way to go.

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So you've agreed that we won't be raising much money from those quotes as being up for sale in Mendy, Perez and Hamza 😂😂

Not a chance we raise £100m, not without selling a Maddison, Ndidi, Barnes etc

Ndidi is of zero interest to the clubs able to spend the kind of money we need.  Maddison and Barnes have been maddeningly inconsistent and frequently injured (though as the latter applies to every Rodgers player that may not be held against them).  I'm sure we could sell both of them but I don't think for the kind of money you're talking about.

35 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Ndidi is of zero interest to the clubs able to spend the kind of money we need.  Maddison and Barnes have been maddeningly inconsistent and frequently injured (though as the latter applies to every Rodgers player that may not be held against them).  I'm sure we could sell both of them but I don't think for the kind of money you're talking about.

We'd get £55m for Maddison after what he's done this season. Barnes I've no idea, don't think we'd get what we would value him at which would be similar to Maddison. I dunno on Ndidi, I think Man Utd would pay silly money for him.

• Haha 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-leicester-transfer-porto-6911174

Yet another article about us watching a Portuguese game, along with several other clubs including Man Utd.

There's clearly value in the market out there. I wonder which player(s) we're keeping tabs on. Or perhaps it's even the Porto manager, in case Rodgers jumps or is pushed in the next season or two.

7 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-leicester-transfer-porto-6911174

Yet another article about us watching a Portuguese game, along with several other clubs including Man Utd.

There's clearly value in the market out there. I wonder which player(s) we're keeping tabs on. Or perhaps it's even the Porto manager, in case Rodgers jumps or is pushed in the next season or two.

Fabio Vieira is a left footed ACM/RW, scored twice....

• Like 1

This lad is nuts, was faffing around on some stats site which has data for euro second tier leagues. 13 goals and 6 assists for Lecce this season.

He should have about 10 more assist based on some of the efforts on goal too 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This lad is nuts, was faffing around on some stats site which has data for euro second tier leagues. 13 goal and 6 assists for Lecce this season.

Sadly wouldn't get a work permit, I'd also been looking at him a while back.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sadly wouldn't get a work permit, I'd also been looking at him a while back.

Lecce are currently top, if they get promoted I think that gets him to the 15 points required for a permit unless I've misunderstood one of the tables here  https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Lecce are currently top, if they get promoted I think that gets him to the 15 points required for a permit unless I've misunderstood one of the tables here  https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

Not sure, can't even see which band Serie B falls in to. I know for example Ligue 2 in France is very difficult to sign players, that's why we couldn't get Amine Adli but perhaps if Toulouse had won their league it could have been different.

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure, can't even see which band Serie B falls in to. I know for example Ligue 2 in France is very difficult to sign players, that's why we couldn't get Amine Adli but perhaps if Toulouse had won their league it could have been different.

Yeah Serie B seemingly not being in any of the bands (which seems weird) would be an issue, it would mean they are Band 6 which means barely any points

Played around 70% of minutes this season so would get 0 points

If they go on to win the league he would get 1 point

2 points for being at a Band 6 team

So just 3 points

If Serie B was Band 4 like the other 2nd tiers appear to be he would get 

4 points for minutes played

3 points for title winner

6 points for playing for a Band 4 team

So 13 points - at which point I think you would probably go to the exceptions panel to try and get him in

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

This lad is nuts, was faffing around on some stats site which has data for euro second tier leagues. 13 goals and 6 assists for Lecce this season.

How much is is worth?

Could be easy to get .... because no other EPL is after him.....just like Kante and Mahrez

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Brennan Johnson AGAIN

This plus one of the two left footed French CBs and replacing sales.

CDK feels like a replacement should we pull the trigger on selling Maddison

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

Suspect most people will laugh at this, but Werner is allegedly talking to Atalanta 🤔. Depending on his injury, and especially given his age, Vardy may well be closer to the end than we care admit. Werner doesn’t have his finishing - yet - but for me is the closest to his style of play in the PL. Probably a pipe-dream, on my part, as suspect his wages and even the medium transfer fee may be beyond us, but I think he’d be superb here in a team where he’s loved. 

• Haha 1