Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

We all debate over the affordability of our summer window, and how it will be financed, but Rodgers has explicitly stated they'll be looking to strengthen this summer, with 3-5 signings, and that some players will be leaving. So I'd imagine there is more than likely a transfer budget in place, with targets in mind, augmented by expected fees driven from player sales. The club will have forecasted this stuff as much as they can - and I'd imagine they are already talking to agents and clubs about potential fees for both incoming and outgoing players. Don't sweat the money, the club have made their intentions clear.

Surely time to revisit this transfer with all the links we've had recently?

There was a very interesting profile of Madueke in The Guardian today:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/07/noni-madueke-players-realising-world-outside-england-psv-leicester?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Madueke is one of the most-wanted English talents and Leicester are among those keen to sign the winger. On Wednesday, Rodgers described him as “dynamic … with a nice left foot”. “Some would say it’s an audition,” Madueke says, laughing. Madueke says he plans on being back in England “definitely sooner rather than later”.

He says: “I want to come back and show everybody what I am about and capable of. There are teams that are interested in me, I know that. I am playing against Leicester, but every team will be watching the game and me. It is just another game I have to play well in. People are starting to take note of what I’m doing.”

Ok, so maybe an audition for more than just Leicester - but promising comments nonetheless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Suspect most people will laugh at this, but Werner is allegedly talking to Atalanta 🤔. Depending on his injury, and especially given his age, Vardy may well be closer to the end than we care admit. Werner doesn’t have his finishing - yet - but for me is the closest to his style of play in the PL. Probably a pipe-dream, on my part, as suspect his wages and even the medium transfer fee may be beyond us, but I think he’d be superb here in a team where he’s loved. 

We're not signing Werner, but I don't think most people are under any illusions about the end not being pretty close for Vardy, are they?

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We're not signing Werner, but I don't think most people are under any illusions about the end not being pretty close for Vardy, are they?

I’m sure you’re  correct. On both counts.  But as most of this thread is little more than everyone’s footballing wet-dream ….. I thought I’d add mine 😊

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No point speculating on Vardy, the man doesn't follow the rules or what's expected of a 35 year old. He's still got a few stories left to write but we know we cannot rely on him any longer to be the difference.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

....it just has not happened for him here!!!

For a player with his quality, you really could not envisage how he has failed to even be passable player for his team. Kai Havertz I envisaged to be a great player and was to be a sensation this season, but it has not happened, but I still believe in the right team he will be priceless.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Can't say I know anything about him but this geezer has insane stats for Toulouse.

6'3, 26 year old midfielder with 12 goals and 18 (!!) assists from central midfield, primarily from set pieces but interesting.

https://fbref.com/en/players/99d660b2/Branco-van-den-Boomen

...you have got to love a Ligue 2 player!!!

Stats maybe boosted by penalties but boy is he effective. Love his set pieces, plenty of whip on the ball and picks a space and aims for it. Just what I would expect professional players to do but it is a very small amount of players who passes and puts in crosses where the pace is so quick that the keeper is never going to come for it and his team mates do not have to jump to get on the end of corners or free kicks.

If Youri goes, we definitely take this guy, not going to get caught in possession as he moves the ball on quickly, sees a pass and the weight is as it should be.

29 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Sell Choudary and Mendy .

Then sign Sangare from PSV. Looks a top player after tonight's performance and is only 24.

I thought he looked a donkey, seen him have some very good games though previously.

• Haha 1

Noni Madueke. The links seem to be gathering pace over on Twitter so it’s time he gets his own thread so we can all get over excited again. 

Seemed to work hard defensively and went on a couple of decent runs to show a little of what he can do, qualities BR certainly likes. 

He was chatting to a few of our players and Brendan after the game, hopefully telling him we want him if we haven’t already. 

37 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

The links seem to be gathering pace over on Twitter so it’s time he gets his own thread so we can all get over excited again. 

Seemed to work hard defensively and went on a couple of decent runs to show a little of what he can do, qualities BR certainly likes. 

He was chatting to a few of our players and Brendan after the game, hopefully telling him we want him if we haven’t already. 

Would like us to go in for him again in the summer, feel like he has the sort of profile we look for in a young player. 

54 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

“Leicester City scouts will watch Beşiktaş - Alanyaspor match.“

We have a scout at this game, wonder who we could be watching? 

Quite possibly their young keeper - Ersin Destanoglu

They also have a young left back doing well this season from what I can tell bit know very little about him - Ridvan Yilmaz