Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

56 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I've always obviously been a fan of Barella, but Leicester direly are in need of a player exactly like him. He would be so much better than Tielemans in our current 4-3-3 it's ridiculous 

No chance he comes here.

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

It’s like asking would I want a go on Maya Jama? The answer of course is, yes. However it’s never gonna happen. 

Well we won't get a player exactly like him, but I think his profile is one that is realistic to aim for. There are plenty of players like him, we just haven't had one at the club in so long. 

Another link to Gleison Bremer of Torino:

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/Torino/14-04-2022/bremer-stellare-col-torino-si-muovono-grandi-d-europa-44039330133.shtml

Lots.of suitors at the moment. Along with ourselves, Arsenal, Everton and Newcastle have contacted Torino about him. Tottenham and Atletico Madrid have sent scouts to Turin, and Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are interested.

I know very little about him and whether he's fit us. He's right-footed, which isn't necessarily what we need in that respect.

On 03/03/2022 at 00:38, Pride of the Midlands said:

Not sure how realistic it is as Leverkusen are currently third but I would try and get Moussa Diaby. He has looked class everytime that I have seen him. Make it happen rudders:scarf:

I saw a Bundesliga programme on Sky last night that pitched Sunday's Leverkusen vs Leipzig game as Diaby vs Nkunku. Apparently they're good mates who've known each other since their academy days at PSG.

While I'm sure everyone would agree that Nkunku is beyond Rudkin's fluttering eyelashes, perhaps Diaby is still attainable despite rumoured interest from Liverpool, Arsenal and West Ham?

He looks like a really tricky, skilful, intelligent, pacy player who predominantly plays as a right-sided forward, cutting in on his left foot, but can also pop up in the middle or on the left-hand side and looks adept with his right foot too.

He could be quite expensive considering the interest in him, but maybe a European trophy (I hope) could swing it for us as we build a reputation for being a side that regularly competes for, and wins, major honours, as well as providing regular first-team action.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I saw a Bundesliga programme on Sky last night that pitched Sunday's Leverkusen vs Leipzig game as Diaby vs Nkunku. Apparently they're good mates who've known each other since their academy days at PSG.

While I'm sure everyone would agree that Nkunku is beyond Rudkin's fluttering eyelashes, perhaps Diaby is still attainable despite rumoured interest from Liverpool, Arsenal and West Ham?

He looks like a really tricky, skilful, intelligent, pacy player who predominantly plays as a right-sided forward, cutting in on his left foot, but can also pop up in the middle or on the left-hand side and looks adept with his right foot too.

He could be quite expensive considering the interest in him, but maybe a European trophy (I hope) could swing it for us as we build a reputation for being a side that regularly competes for, and wins, major honours, as well as providing regular first-team action.

....just had to take a look at Diaby...!!!

Seems to have a lot of lucky bounces and deflected goals. Not convinced about his game in possession on the ball, he seems to bundle his way through situations. He takes up good positions and can finish with when the chance arises but I  am not convinced he would be good in the Premier League. 

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Loads of people gutted we missed out on Leon Bailey from Leverkusen, look how thats work out for villa.

Not sure Diaby would fair any better

nah think most were gutted we didnt buy him the same time we got Ndidi from Genk

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think Diaby is the better player to be fair, but agree that he could very well be similar to Bailey in the Premier League. 

It’s the problem with the right wing obsession our fan base has. The demand is understandable, but very often the prices for wide men are massively inflated and they are wildly inconsistent, bar the very top bracket of players in those positions. We do need another player who can play in that role for next season but I can see it being someone who can also play inside, too (much like Perez was bought to do - Charles De Ketalaere?). 

....bringing in De Ketelaere to replicate the disaster of our use of Perez would be foolhardy!!!

If you have to play CDK then a "false 9" would be an option our a striker who looks like he can do whatever we want him to. At present he is playing as an Inside Right and switches to Inside Left and seemingly drifts through games. I get the feeling he can't wait to get out of there

36 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t know about that, CDK is less like Perez and more like Josip Ilicic, who has done that role coming in off of the right onto his left foot for Fiorentina in the past, and now Atalanta, very well. Just because he plays on the right sometimes doesn’t mean he can’t also be that false 9 at times, too. 

Also, it’s clear Rodgers likes that sort of player out wide, hence why he had Perez there, and now this season Maddison also. 

....CDK does not play the same as Ilicic, totally different type of player!!!

CDK has played 30 + games 22 being Centre Forward. Perez playing in that role was not a great success and Maddison in the wide Forward role (inside Right) accomodates him into the team.

It should be interesting if we do pick up CDK and how we look to set up, as I see him as the Nacho replacement with Daka being an alternative option to bring off the bench or playing alongside CDK up top.

Just seen this lad been tipped as the next wonderkid out of Turkey - Arda Guler. Only turned 17 in Feb but he's scored 3 and assisted 4 goals in 300 minutes for Fenerbache this season.

You guessed it, he's a left footed RW/ACM 👀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Just seen this lad been tipped as the next wonderkid out of Turkey - Arda Guler. Only turned 17 in Feb but he's scored 3 and assisted 4 goals in 300 minutes for Fenerbache this season.

....your obsessed....keep it up!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The 2022 Abulkadir Omur

• Haha 3