Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

49 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I may get shot down for this but I think we could do worse than Fernandinho on a free for a year.

The old b*****d is still probably better than Ndidi , but he can only do half a season.

• Like 1

Just now, LVocey said:

Dwight McNeil when Burnley go down?

I think they’d be hesistant to sell and would price him out of a move like Watford did with Sarr when they got relegated.

Also, I’m still not sure he’s actually an improvement on what we’ve got personally.

10 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I think they’d be hesistant to sell and would price him out of a move like Watford did with Sarr when they got relegated.

Also, I’m still not sure he’s actually an improvement on what we’ve got personally.

Possibly but I think Burnley may need to sell to re-invest. He reminds me a little of when Robertson and Maguire went down with Hull. You knew they were good players but both turned into really good signings.

43 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Possibly but I think Burnley may need to sell to re-invest. He reminds me a little of when Robertson and Maguire went down with Hull. You knew they were good players but both turned into really good signings.

Robertson has become high world class , sadly Harry hasn't.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

33 games, 0 goals 1 assist this season, even Ghezzal who didn't adapt to the league was more productive

....it is hard to believe he is still only 22!!!

Plays LW, we have that already covered. He is a very good player, he has to leave eventually and it will be interesting to watch how he finally develops after being stunted at Burnley.

8 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The old b*****d is still probably better than Ndidi , but he can only do half a season.

He wouldn't play often but I think he'd add a lot of what we lack. Years of winning and being a part of a side that navigates through these tough situations. A bit of fire. He's also quite obviously suited to playing in a possession side. Lacks the legs which is a problem but on a free I'd be happy with him.

But as somebody else said I think he's back off to Brazil anyway so it's irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not even the biggest thing coming out of Palmeiras at the moment either 

They've got plenty, it's sometimes difficult to wade through the flashes of skill and find the real substance. I'll be keeping an eye on the Brazilian league now it's started for 2022 as its much easier for PL clubs to sign players from there now.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

They've got plenty, it's sometimes difficult to wade through the flashes of skill and find the real substance. I'll be keeping an eye on the Brazilian league now it's started for 2022 as its much easier for PL clubs to sign players from there now.

Lots of hype about Endrick, although how often are Brazilian highlight reels skewed by them playing in state championships against awful sides before the proper season starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

How much do people think Fabio Carvalho would be worth at Fulham right now? He's been electric this year. 

Going to Liverpool.

Can’t remember the last championship talent we signed? 

There’s a ridiculous amount of great talents in the championship this year. Spurs look set to sign CB Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough, lots of scouts are watching Derby’s Malcom Ebiowei (left footed right winger @Ric Flair:ph34r:) and so many more.. Brennan Johnson, Spence, Isiah Jones, Worrall, Lewis-Potter, Scott, Massengo, to name a few..

KDH did alright at Luton and now he’s bossing the PL! Really hope it’s a market we tap into this summer.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Shane said:

Going to Liverpool.

Can’t remember the last championship talent we signed? KDH is proof there’s players in that division who can make the step up.

There’s a ridiculous amount of great talents in the championship this year. Spurs look set to sign CB Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough, lots of scouts are watching Derby’s Malcom Ebiowei (left footed right winger @Ric Flair:ph34r:) and so many more.. Brennan Johnson, Spence, Isiah Jones, Worrall, Lewis-Potter, Scott, Massengo, to name a few..

Really hope it’s a market we tap into this summer. 

Agreed, it would be the main league I'd focus on this summer. Piroe at Swansea looks spot on too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He has a really uncanny resemblance to Mahrez in his movement doesn't he?!

Yeah he does, it's the languid style mixed with very good skill and trickery. Isn't a pace merchant but definitely quick off the mark. Really like the look of him.

• Like 1