Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would've taken him before Arsenal got their hands on him, still has decent underlying stats... :ph34r:

....to think they paid £72m for him, pretty outrageous, best we look to sell them Tielemans right now!!!

It is clear he is not worth anywhere near that price and I would rather have Giovani than him on the right, even if he has had a couple of seasons to get use to the division. I think we should look to give him a miss.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Joel Piroe with another 2 goals in the opening 15 mins tonight vs Bournemouth. Looks a special player.

Selling Nacho for him I wouldn’t be too disheartened, but I would prefer to keep Nacho.

59 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Selling Nacho for him I wouldn’t be too disheartened, but I would prefer to keep Nacho.

....not sure why we would need this player if CDK is said to be coming here!!!

He would definitely be a great acquisition for us, but we would be overloaded should we keep Nacho and if we let Nacho go we need someone else to come in. He is a different type of forward as to what we have as present and I am all for that.

Can't say I remember ever watching Piroe but the sort of striker we should be looking at (if we were to sell Iheanacho) has to be able to play with their back to goal and drop deep. Another pure no. 9 isn't any good when we won't play to their strengths.

• Like 2

Kelechi is a proven PL striker and a replacement to equal his goals per minute will be hard to find. He has been messed around this season mainly by this one up front and two wingers obsession. However ,he is a 15 goals a season man in my opinion and in the PL that is pretty good. It also may be a good idea to give Hirst one last try , he is building his confidence with Portsmouth and is not injury prone. De Ketalaere seems like a decent player but is unproven at our level.

• Like 1

Not sure I understand not being in for Boubacar Kamara. Cracking young player available on a free and could probably offer the squad himself what Mendy, Hamza and Vestegaard could combined. 

Looks destined for Villa. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Joel Piroe with another 2 goals in the opening 15 mins tonight vs Bournemouth. Looks a special player.

Really like the look of him, he's also played out on the right and is left footed. Seems quality and under the radar for now. Gerrimin while he's still cheap as chips

• Like 1

...had to look this up again!!!

Lots of blocks and disrupting and the ball breaks all over the please!!!

It looks like later, he starts to win the ball and use it, and appears to have 2 good feet and more skill than he shows.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...had to look this up again!!!

Lots of blocks and disrupting and the ball breaks all over the please!!!

It looks like later, he starts to win the ball and use it, and appears to have 2 good feet and more skill than he shows.

There are quite a few free transfers I think we should be looking at. Especially defensively. It could free up the funds we need to get CDK, Lookman and a RWer but he's the one for me. I'll be gutted if Villa get him. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Really like the look of him, he's also played out on the right and is left footed. Seems quality and under the radar for now. Gerrimin while he's still cheap as chips

I don't think he goes for less than 25 million..

On 27/04/2022 at 16:54, Scotch said:

Not sure I understand not being in for Boubacar Kamara. Cracking young player available on a free and could probably offer the squad himself what Mendy, Hamza and Vestegaard could combined. 

Looks destined for Villa. 

Ngl I thought he was nailed on for the champions league. Will believe he's off to Villa when I see it. 

He’s got a year left with Lille doesn’t he? I suppose if we were interested it wouldn’t make sense to wait til he’s free cos the competition would be greater.

Be interesting to see what Lille would want for him.

Hopefully a gangly Danish centreback and a perennially injured but experienced left back!

On 30/04/2022 at 05:54, Phenom said:

We need to figure out a way to get Ansgar Knauff. 

With Covid-related finances beginning to hit, many German clubs are supposedly having to sell players this summer, including Frankfurt.

Are there any other players who may be available in the Bundesliga who are on our radar? Freiburg, Köln and Union Berlin are all having very good seasons. Are there any gems in their squad? Or even from the resurgent Schalke in 2. Bundesliga? I'd guess Dortmund, Leipzig and possibly Leverkusen's players would be beyond our reach but we'd be silly if we weren't looking at that market with real interest right now.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

With Covid-related finances beginning to hit, many German clubs are supposedly having to sell players this summer, including Frankfurt.

Are there any other players who may be available in the Bundesliga who are on our radar? Freiburg, Köln and Union Berlin are all having very good seasons. Are there any gems in their squad? Or even from the resurgent Schalke in 2. Bundesliga? I'd guess Dortmund, Leipzig and possibly Leverkusen's players would be beyond our reach but we'd be silly if we weren't looking at that market with real interest right now.

Thiaw from Schalke is pretty good

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, happy85 said:

If Leicester are not in for Anthony Gordon if Everton go down then it will be a crime 

Good player, and only 21 but if we do make Lookman perm and retain Barnes we don’t really want another right footed left winger.