Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

40 minutes ago, dobbylcfc said:

Wonder what the chances of us going for Danny Ings? Good goalscorer Brendan knows him as I’m sure he signed him for Liverpool. He also seems to be on the bench a fair bit for Villa.

Another striker is the last thing we need. RW should be first, then a CM or CB depending on who we let go.  

• Like 2

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Another striker is the last thing we need. RW should be first, then a CM or CB depending on who we let go.  

After this season with Vardys injury I think another striker is needed. Daka still needs time and nachos goals have dried up.

2 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

After this season with Vardys injury I think another striker is needed. Daka still needs time and nachos goals have dried up.

Ings isn’t doing much better. We can do better.

Priorities?

Easing out as many as possible of:

Kasper

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Perez

Tielemans

Mendy

Choudhury

Praet

Iheanacho

We won’t shift all ten, but might manage 6-7.

We need a starting LCB, CM & RW, plus strengthening at CB, MF & wide/ten (by which I mean CDK to replace both Perez & Nacho). 

Would love a new keeper but that might have to wait a season…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Priorities?

Kasper

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Perez

Tielemans

Mendy

Choudhury

Praet

Iheanacho

We need a starting LCB, CM & RW, plus strengthening at CB, MF & wide/ten (by which I mean CDK to replace both Perez & Nacho). 

Agreed on all of the above bar Kasper. As much as he ****s me off I am a stickler for sentimentality when it comes to him. He’s been there from the start and isn’t as woeful as others could be. 

As far as the others are concerned, none of them are consistent enough and need binning off. Most of them are weak mentally too which I’m sick of.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Priorities?

Kasper

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Perez

Tielemans

Mendy

Choudhury

Praet

Iheanacho

Kasper- season to early 

Soyuncu - only if he doesn't sign a new contract

Bertrand - yep

Vestegaard- yep

Perez - not first out. But yes if we can get money for him.

Tielemans - only he doesn't sign a new contract.

Mendy - Fine as a backup. Niot urgent to move on.

Choudhury- bye bye.

Praet- bye

Iheanacho- why would we sell him? We need more attacking options. He constantly scores or assists. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Kasper- season to early 

Soyuncu - only if he doesn't sign a new contract

Bertrand - yep

Vestegaard- yep

Perez - not first out. But yes if we can get money for him.

Tielemans - only he doesn't sign a new contract.

Mendy - Fine as a backup. Niot urgent to move on.

Choudhury- bye bye.

Praet- bye

Iheanacho- why would we sell him? We need more attacking options. He constantly scores or assists. 

So this season’s woes are down to Bertrand Choudhury & Vestergaard eh?

Rodgers is right, we need a re-set, and the mentally weak, inconsistent & don’t-really-want-to-be-here should be politely but firmly shown the door 

27 minutes ago, KFS said:

Agreed on all of the above bar Kasper. As much as he ****s me off I am a stickler for sentimentality when it comes to him. He’s been there from the start and isn’t as woeful as others could be. 

As far as the others are concerned, none of them are consistent enough and need binning off. Most of them are weak mentally too which I’m sick of.

Don’t get me started on Kasper!

Just now, Steve Earle said:

So this season’s woes are down to Bertrand Choudhury & Vestergaard eh?

Rodgers is right, we need a re-set, and the mentally weak, inconsistent & don’t-really-want-to-be-here should be politely but firmly shown the door 

Eh what? Huge clear outs and huge  rebuilding generally doesn't work well. We need to be pragmatic on who is leaving this summer because no doubt we need to improve. (We can't improve all positions in one window) 

• Like 1

You need buyers, that’s the issue. Hopefully a promoted team takes a punt on some of the fringe players and we get decent offers for some of the better ones, I’d sell Kel if a good offer came in but more than happy keeping him.

Kasper is going nowhere and it’s a difficult position to fill. Hopefully Iversen is the answer to that one when it needs addressing.

Edited by JimJams

12 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Eh what? Huge clear outs and huge  rebuilding generally doesn't work well. We need to be pragmatic on who is leaving this summer because no doubt we need to improve. (We can't improve all positions in one window) 

We need to improve 3: GK, CB & RW.

We’ll also need to replace those that want to leave.

I agree ten out ten in won’t work. Rodgers is aiming for 5-6 in, at least 3 starters. I’m with him. We won’t shift all on my list. But all should be available. We’ll need 7-8 out!

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Ain’t gonna happen, but I’d love it if we signed Tony Rudiger.

He’s stated he’s leaving Chelsea, which is a start.

He's off to Real Madrid. On about £300k per week I'd imagine.

5 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Ain’t gonna happen, but I’d love it if we signed Tony Rudiger.

He’s stated he’s leaving Chelsea, which is a start.

Why don't we get Mbappe and Haaland as well they want out of PSG and Dortmund :facepalm:

Sunday afternoon drinking and Foxestalk don't mix 

Edited by coolhandfox

6 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Priorities?

Kasper

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Perez

Tielemans

Mendy

Choudhury

Praet

Iheanacho

Yes to all of those going. However, I can’t see Kasper leaving. The other mentioned I think will definitely be going. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Priorities?

Kasper

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Perez

Tielemans

Mendy

Choudhury

Praet

Iheanacho

If we can shift half of those I think we will be happy!

Not a fan of moving Kasper on but you think he's on 100k+ a week and wants to play in Europe regularly with the financial rules coming in he will be an expendable option.

Like others have said we need buyers for these players and most are on good wages without performing at a good level.

Agree the priorities in order are RW, CM and CB, for the Rodgers system.

Would love for Iversen to make the step up as he already looks like a decent Championship keeper for Preston. Time to bring into the fold and promote him to No.2.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

Danny ings is a honking shout.

10 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If we move Nacho on then we need 2 strikers coming in. Vardy is closer to the end than many want to admit. He's picking up injuries regularly now.

CDK to replace both Nacho & Perez. Leaves us two number 9s, and a few (CDK, Lookman, Maddison, Barnes) who can play SS if needed.

Arsenal apparently ready to sell Pepe for 25m. Whoever signed off on 72m for him probably went to work for Barca next.. . He scored 16 last season and a left footed, RW who knows the league but not going to play ahead of Saka. West Ham supposed to be interested. Anyone think we should be all over that? 

Edited by desertfox2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Arsenal apparently ready to sell Pepe for 25m. Whoever signed off on 72m for him probably went to work for Barca next.. . He scored 16 last season and a left footed, RW who knows the league but not going to play ahead of Saka. West Ham supposed to be interested. Anyone think we should be all over that? 

Meant to be on £140k a week which would put me off

But wouldn't necessarily be against a well structured loan with option to buy kind of deal