Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only problem there could be work permit as Bundesliga.2 won't be enough to get a work permit alone.

I'd say wait a year if Schalke go up but highly unlikely he'll still be there or sign and loan back. Although doesn't help us out next season

Edited by Tommy Fresh

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only problem there could be work permit as Bundesliga.2 won't be enough to get a work permit alone.

I think he may actually be able to get a work permit (or would be VERY close)

15 points required

He would be on 14 points if Schalke win the league

I think may get some more points as he has started 6 of the last 8 games for Germany Under 21s in Euros U21 Qualifying (although not quite sure of qualifying counts or needs to be the actual tournament)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Tarkowski must be a realistic option being spoke about internally ahead of the summer? 

Dont remember who it was but one of Blackwell/ Tanner said that we no longer consider him as an option, even if its on a free

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think he may actually be able to get a work permit (or would be VERY close)

15 points required

He would be on 14 points if Schalke win the league

I think may get some more points as he has started 6 of the last 8 games for Germany Under 21s in Euros U21 Qualifying (although not quite sure of qualifying counts or needs to be the actual tournament)

Bella-Kotchap from Bochum is another we should be looking at, they've done very well this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

There's very few players in the world who are capable of doing that in the Premier League, let alone attainable ones for a club in our position. 

....you do not have to have a like for like player to come in, in some ways it proves to a point that you can't have everything!!!

Tielemans vision is offset by his lack of speed, work rate and physicality, we perhaps hope those elements might become blurred overtime, and we would have a world sought after player on our hands.

A replacement such as Mahmoud Dahoud (Dortmund) would be an apt replacement. Although lacking to a degree the vision of Tielemans he has the skill and work rate and ability to be a force in the midfield and would give us the creativity that we so badly need. He would allow us to play the diamond, with Wilf , we could also play with just him and KDH when a DM is not required and of course in a midfield three in a 4-3-3, should Maddison be unavailable. His contract ends June 2023 and Transfer Market has him at £16.20m which tends to be lower than reality say £20.00m tops.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update

33 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Dont remember who it was but one of Blackwell/ Tanner said that we no longer consider him as an option, even if its on a free

Interesting, I thought we’d be all over it given the free agent status and our historic interest in him.

Perhaps not a BR player but does tick the boxes that Rodgers has described our players of lacking. 

On 02/05/2022 at 15:32, Vindaloo FOX said:

We are in for Pape Abou Cissé

.....just sitting here watching the obligatory YouTube video and thinking to myself, why would anyone want to sign this player, he is so basic!!!

He does nothing of note, just gets his head to balls and sticks out a leg for the ball to fly off anywhere.

The longer I am watching this, you start to see that it is not because what he does is so basic, it is because he is where he should be all the time.Gets his head to everything, wins the ball and gives it straight away, this guy is so ordinary, you would ignore him watching him playing park football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes was on course for it last season at left wing. We need a player capable of that from the right. In reality 15 goal contributions from the right would be a significant improvement on what we've recently had. To go with a more combative midfield 3 that doesn't get 5-10 goal contributions a season like Tielemans means they have to come from elsewhere. We're already struggling with getting 20 a season from Vardy now so that right wing position is vital we get an elite talent in otherwise we've no chance of top 6 any time soon, however difficult the prospect. 

Lookman has managed 13 g/a (not including the goal he would have got last week had the defender not scored for him) this season which is a good return but the problem is he's eaten into the minutes of Barnes to do it.

Looking at Transfermarkt (which is admittedly not 100% accurate) he has 5 goals from 13 games on the left but only 2 from the right.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....just sitting here watching the obligatory YouTube video and thinking to myself, why would anyone want to sign this player, he is so basic!!!

He does nothing of note, just gets his head to balls and sticks out a leg for the ball to fly off anywhere.

The longer I am watching this, you start to see that it is not because what he does is so basic, it is because he is where he should be all the time.Gets his head to everything, wins the ball and gives it straight away, this guy is so ordinary, you would ignore him watching him playing park football.

I love these sort of players, players who just automatically know where to be, when to stick a leg out.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I love these sort of players, players who just automatically know where to be, when to stick a leg out.

As they used to say about the old type centre Half's, "All he does is head it and kick it"

What are the odds on a move for Joe Gomez? Aside from the obvious that Rodgers bought him, he’s still only 24, seems to have gotten over his injury problems, and probably would like to play more. And obviously I imagine he’s a lifelong fan of us, naturally! 2 years left on his contract, Liverpool likely to move him on? His opportunities are as 2nd choice RB now rather than CB.

Mind you, he’s on 75k a week so maybe not.

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

My point was that we are unlikely to get a RW in who will score/assist in 20+ goals next season. 

I don't think it's as impossible as you are claiming. The way we play when we're doing well, is an environment for forwards and creative players to score plenty. Lookman and Barnes have shown they could get 15+ goal contributions a season from the left and Maddison does it centrally. Left footed RW's are perhaps not available in the same numbers as right footed wingers but they are still out there. Raphinha posts goals and assists that would hit 20+ in a better side and Bowen already is hitting similar sorts of figures who we missed out on. 

I think it'll be Madueke or Brennan Johnson, both have the potential.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The big priority replacement of Tielemans could be a stressful encounter, there's plenty who think we might not need such a creative type of player but if so it's essential our main signing is the elusive right winger who brings 20+ goal contributions otherwise we're collectively going to be worse off.

I thought you'd heard we were getting a right winger in 😉?

17 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I thought you'd heard we were getting a right winger in 😉?

Still may happen if he doesn't join the club he went on temporary loan to. We were not able to get him on loan given our country vetoed such deals.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still may happen if he doesn't join the club he went on temporary loan to. We were not able to get him on loan given our country vetoed such deals.

Interesting. I think I know exactly who you mean. If it's the same player I track on SofaScore and :nigel:every time he scores or assists after coming off the bench for that team lately...I would be very happy indeed.

9 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Interesting. I think I know exactly who you mean. If it's the same player I track on SofaScore and :nigel:every time he scores or assists after coming off the bench for that team lately...I would be very happy indeed.

It’s Tetê, who is on loan at OL.

• Haha 1

...the possibility of having  Tete or Giovani on the right wing would be reason to be excited for next season!!!

The story of Karamoko Dembele is a list of injuries and missing game time, working his way back to match fitness. He is just 19 years old and his contract expires at the end of this month, would it I wonder be wise to bring him here, for a nominal fee.

He will get the chance to develop, and with a first team player in his position, there would be little rush to get him up and running too soon.

We have had an unending list of injuries ourselves and he could be walking into an environment that could put paid to his career, if he does come to us, it just seems there is a potential to bring in someone with his skill and develop him for the club.

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the possibility of having  Tete or Giovani on the right wing would be reason to be excited for next season!!!

The story of Karamoko Dembele is a list of injuries and missing game time, working his way back to match fitness. He is just 19 years old and his contract expires at the end of this month, would it I wonder be wise to bring him here, for a nominal fee.

He will get the chance to develop, and with a first team player in his position, there would be little rush to get him up and running too soon.

We have had an unending list of injuries ourselves and he could be walking into an environment that could put paid to his career, if he does come to us, it just seems there is a potential to bring in someone with his skill and develop him for the club.

If we want a young left footed right winger who's contract is expiring I'd rather we tried to nab Malcolm Ebiowi from Derby.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If we want a young left footed right winger who's contract is expiring I'd rather we tried to nab Malcolm Ebiowi from Derby.

...quality player (Ebiowi), would still love to have Karamoko here though, still only 19, out on loan for a season and comeback and compete for a starting place!!!

...quality player (Ebiowi), would still love to have Karamoko here though, still only 19, out on loan for a season and comeback and compete for a starting place!!!

Think injuries will scupper his vast potential

• Like 1

Have to be careful young players like these do not push our academy graduates out of contention. 

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Have to be careful young players like these do not push our academy graduates out of contention. 

We have very few right wingers in the academy, I've no problem signing 16-19 year olds if they have the potential to play 1st team football for us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

....Dembele himself would not be competing with any academy prospects coming through, at this moment!!!

I understand bringing in players as a gamble (and that will be what it is, in this scenario) could curtail or limit the ability of players coming through our academy, and that goes against the grain of what we are trying to achieve at the moment.

Next season will be an exciting times for the players that have made a breakthrough this season, who ever goes out on loan needs to see it as an opportunity to grow, as opposed to being sidelined by the club.

As for Dembele I am still hopeful that his injury problem (ankle) are now something that will no longer be a barrier to him progressing and the pressure of being a prodigy is taken off his shoulders. I so much want him to come here, we could just have an amazing player on our hands, if only we give him the opportunity.