Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We should stop looking for bargains. As soon as we come looking prices go up. The Leicester system is well known now and as with Fofana, we are going to have to pay a realistic price. If we have ambitions to play in Europe every season , we are going to have to pay top dollar. That is why it is critical to our success to promote our own academy players. I can see no justification to buying young players from other clubs. To immediately strengthen the match day squads ,we are going to have to compete for proven , consistent quality. That will be expensive. The owners are going to have to subsidise our transfer budget by increasing amounts in my opinion.

They have already subsidise club loses of around 160m in the last two seasons 

47 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Serious question have you seen much of him at all other than the videos when he was in his early teens?

....not able to watch him play in your "B" team league!!!

I am not disputing what you are saying in regards to his development and your opinion as to where he is at the moment. 

Sometimes it is best to get out of the rut you are in, and whether the move is to Leicester or a League 1 club South of the border, he needs to get away for the sake of his career. 

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Out

Tielemans      - £20m

Soyuncu        - £15m

Praet             - £10m

Amartey        - £10m

Hamza          - £7m

Mendy          - £7m

Conservative figures applied. Total revenue = £69m + club contribution £20m = £89m

The budget might just stretch to bring in Lookman, as the figures quoted are conservative.

Conservative!?

37 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We should stop looking for bargains. As soon as we come looking prices go up. The Leicester system is well known now and as with Fofana, we are going to have to pay a realistic price. If we have ambitions to play in Europe every season , we are going to have to pay top dollar. That is why it is critical to our success to promote our own academy players. I can see no justification to buying young players from other clubs. To immediately strengthen the match day squads ,we are going to have to compete for proven , consistent quality. That will be expensive. The owners are going to have to subsidise our transfer budget by increasing amounts in my opinion.

...the owners are not going to do that!!!

The situation with the development of the stadium, looking like it may have encountered a roadblock, may lend itself to us making more funds available this summer, as the finance would be coming from revenues earned via the league campaign, rather than funds being made available through donations, to supplement  the rebuild of the squad, leaving us open to FFP scrutiny. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Giovani (Palmeiras) is listed at £9m on transfer market!!!

Noni Madueke £16.2m (Transfer Market)

David Neres £18.00m (Transfer Market)

Tete (Lyon)  £18.00m (Transfer Market)

Never put ANY stock into transfer values on Transfrmarket.

• Like 1

We need a completely different mould of striker to bring a spark to this team. We have so much possession and teams allow us to have the ball wide because they know we haven’t got a threat in the box if it comes in from a cross. Signing an aerial threat would gift our other players more space to receive the ball in dangerous areas. I haven’t a clue if he would get him but someone like Dominic Calvert-Lewin would be ideal, our striker barely gets involved with link up play and he’s great in the air and also quick in behind. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Apart from Fofana and obviously Vardy, there isn’t anyone else in the squad I’d be gutted about leaving. 

I'd add KDH and I'd agree, if we can get decent money for anybody else then I'd lose no sleep over the rest going 

Bryan Mbeumo has put up decent numbers this season for an average Brentford side. 8 goals and 7 assists in all competitions so far.

He’s also been playing out of position, mainly in a front 2 instead of RW. Was a great talent in the championship and good enough to play for a stacked French U21 side (probably friends with Fofana and Soumare?).

Maybe one who will excel next season after gaining PL experience this year. Brentford would ask for stupid money so this will never happen, but certainly one to keep an eye on to see how he progresses.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

We need a completely different mould of striker to bring a spark to this team. We have so much possession and teams allow us to have the ball wide because they know we haven’t got a threat in the box if it comes in from a cross. Signing an aerial threat would gift our other players more space to receive the ball in dangerous areas. I haven’t a clue if he would get him but someone like Dominic Calvert-Lewin would be ideal, our striker barely gets involved with link up play and he’s great in the air and also quick in behind. 

....just getting in CDK or Joel Piroe would solve that conundrum!!!

Both excellent with the ball at their feet and good in the air. We do continue to put balls into the box, in a team not renowned for headed goals, or proficient in keeping crosses out of our net. We do need to play to feet in the box, but we always continue to lift the ball, when it inevitably gets cut out. It is a stupid ploy which I have been screaming for us to stop for years.

Trim the fat, move on the wantaways

Out

Soyuncu (20m)

Tielemans (20m)

Choudhury (5m)

Soumare (Probably a loan)

Bertrand (Free - pay up his contract if needed)

Vestegaard (5m)

I also wouldn't make Lookman permanent

In

Colwill (10m)

De Ketelaere (20m)

Johnson (20m)

Madueke (25m)

I'd also keep Praet around too.

Probably looking at a net outlay of around 25m

It's time to back Brendan and let him absolutely sink or swim on this next coming season.

47 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Trim the fat, move on the wantaways

Out

Soyuncu (20m)

Tielemans (20m)

Choudhury (5m)

Soumare (Probably a loan)

Bertrand (Free - pay up his contract if needed)

Vestegaard (5m)

I also wouldn't make Lookman permanent

In

Colwill (10m)

De Ketelaere (20m)

Johnson (20m)

Madueke (25m)

I'd also keep Praet around too.

Probably looking at a net outlay of around 25m

It's time to back Brendan and let him absolutely sink or swim on this next coming season.

No way Colwill is coming for £10m and De Ketelaere will be a bit more than that. You're gonna lose 3 CM's and not bring any in? We need 2 new CB's as well.

10 hours ago, escape2victory said:

Apart from Fofana and obviously Vardy, there isn’t anyone else in the squad I’d be gutted about leaving. 

10 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I'd add KDH and I'd agree, if we can get decent money for anybody else then I'd lose no sleep over the rest going 

Maddison!!! B

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Calvin Bassey getting rave reviews at Rangers… we let him go there for free 

This is the frustration we currently have at the lack of youngsters involved this season. There’s clearly some gems in there, who need to be in our future plans or they will simply walk away like Bassey.

I am very worried we will sign some duds who will block the pathway of Braybrooke and Alves for example. 

Hopefully we’re laying out a clear plan behind the scenes as to when Wormleighton, Braybrooke, Alves, Popov, etc will be promoted to the first team. Maybe a couple in 22/23, a couple more in 23/24 and so on. Our academy really could save us millions in the transfer market, but we need to be careful we don’t let our best talents slip away.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

But then we've got Thomas and had Chilwell, so :dunno:

He's getting rave reviews playing CB in a back 4 or LCB in a back 3, beast in the air as well. What we wouldn't do for a left footed CB eh....

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's getting rave reviews playing CB in a back 4 or LCB in a back 3, beast in the air as well. What we wouldn't do for a left footed CB eh....

I don’t remember him being too much of a standout in our under 23s when watching

Do you know if he was highly rated at all? Turned down a contract so we obviously thought enough to want to keep him

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t remember him being too much of a standout in our under 23s when watching

Do you know if he was highly rated at all? Turned down a contract so we obviously thought enough to want to keep him

Yes he was quite well regarded, we wanted him to stay but there had been a period of time where he'd been lined up for a loan move and didn't get it, then was played out of position and Thomas chosen ahead of him at LB and he got the nod in the 1st team as well which probably made Bassey's mind up for him.

It's one of them, was going to happen eventually.

• Like 1