Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

One for @Ric Flair, signed this kid on FM a few times and decided to look him up in real life. The commentary on the below video makes me want to sign him by itself.

Daniel Gonzalez at Santiago Wanderers is another one, would probably need to move to a bigger Chilean club first but looks a right s***house centre half. Some of his passing is outrageous as well.

The above are based on nothing other than Youtube clips of players I've taken an interest in after playing FM. So they could be terrible most of the time.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

I don’t think having a CB up front will work, even if he’s playing central.

Maybe the last throw if the dice with Vestegaard!

On a serious note RW is the only position which we need a clear improvement for our first 11. A cb pairing of Fofana and Evans doesn’t need urgent improvement. That’s why I say after that we go like for like. If we sell Soy, get in a cb, if we sell Dan, get in a cb. If we sell Vestegaard, get in another member of the Addams family.

I don’t think we should rely on Jonny as a guaranteed first XI starter,  not because he is not good enough; he clearly is; but because his fitness issues are starting to count against him. Therefore another good, possibly experienced, CB should be high on our agenda.

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Like the shout, got plenty about him. Another player I'd like to see us have a nibble at if they don't come up is Sander Berge from Sheffield Utd. He's had a very good season for them and prior to his move the year before last he'd been very good for Genk. 

Can play DCM, CM or box to box with ease. Tall and quick too.

Always liked Sandy.  Smart, athletic, pretty tall, does a lot of things well.  Not quite flashy enough to draw the interest of a megaclub but potentially a stalwart for am ambitious mid-table side that wants to be more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Always liked Sandy.  Smart, athletic, pretty tall, does a lot of things well.  Not quite flashy enough to draw the interest of a megaclub but potentially a stalwart for am ambitious mid-table side that wants to be more.

Goal and assist for the man today ro sign off a very good season!

I’d have loved him but thought that ship may have sailed before his injury. He’d not be cheap but if there’s ever a chance it’s now as Wolves seem open to selling players and he’s been fit for a while now but Lage hasn’t nailed him on as a guaranteed starter. 
After our season though it’s probably too much of a sideways move for him.

• Like 2

I'm going to treat this as a 'realistic option' rather than a wishlist for now and in essence to sell the following players;

Bertrand 

Schmeichel 

Soyuncu 

Tielemans 

Nacho 

Choudhury 

Amartey 

Vestergaard 

We don't have enough strong and reasonably tall/athletic players particularly in midfield. I've been mulling it for months now and we just don't need 2 x playmakers like Tielemans/madders who aren't quick or aggressive enough. I'd love to invest in another player like KDH to play alongside him in CM with madders behind a front 2 or 3 and perez as an amcillary bavkup.

40 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'm going to treat this as a 'realistic option' rather than a wishlist for now and in essence to sell the following players;

Bertrand 

Schmeichel 

Soyuncu 

Tielemans 

Nacho 

Choudhury 

Amartey 

Vestergaard 

We don't have enough strong and reasonably tall/athletic players particularly in midfield. I've been mulling it for months now and we just don't need 2 x playmakers like Tielemans/madders who aren't quick or aggressive enough. I'd love to invest in another player like KDH to play alongside him in CM with madders behind a front 2 or 3 and perez as an amcillary bavkup.

Agree with One exception..Soyuncu, he is a Top CB, who has had like many others a disppointing season..but IMO will come Good again

& Show his Value to Club & team. & Decent CBs are not easy to find or entice away..I

Fofana/Evans/Soyuncu/ & hopefully a developing Nelson/ occasional Ndidi,    should cover the CB Area

Ndidi might turn out a better CB as DM..

We have to up our Base quality, bring in Fresh Quality ,which would  motivatee squad & fans..

I am Not against Schmeichel, But he said himself he is Open for a move,

his young countryman would be a Good fit, & Integrated already to the Leicester way..

Edited by fuchsntf

23 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We need a new striker then because none of our current lot can do it. That is now beyond dispute. I dread to think how much that would cost. Calvert - Lewin perhaps - £50 million?

I dispute it, and therefore claim my £5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to be a frustrating summer I feel, needing to sell before we can buy. Some of the assets we’d want to move on won’t be in demand which complicates things. Realistically you’re looking at:

Youri - £25-30m

Cags - £20m

Ayoze - £5m maximum 

Hamza - £5m maximum

Bertrand - free with wage supplement 

Vestergaard - loan with wage supplement 

Praet - £10m maximum 

Ward - £5m maximum 

To be honest, Cags/Youri aside, I’m not confident that we’ll move many others on with the wages they’re rumoured to be on - Jannik, Bertrand and Hamza on around £200k p/w between them which is hideous.

6 hours ago, NasPb said:

Ismaila sarr 

Brennan Johnson 

....Sarr has lots of pace and awareness, but we cannot rely on pace to make us better!!!

Brennan Johnson is a livewire and will be a handful when our team press the opposition and having numbers around him for option and support. What we will not be getting will be someone who can single handed unlock a defence where the opponents are sitting deep. It is one of our big flaws and we are not going to be in the ascendency and moving the ball quick enough to put him through in a one on one.

We need a RW/Forward who takes on a defender and can go by him as that cause other defenders to move across to support and therefore causing space to open up for us. Unless we go for that type of player, we are forever going to be nullified by players sitting deep, inviting us to come on to them, and then counter attacking.

Would like a Cambiasso type of signing. Someone who is an experienced pro and will be a leader on/off the pitch.

Plenty of experienced players available on a free according to transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2022&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=o30&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Edit:

Also lots of experienced pro’s with contracts expiring in 2023, who we might be able to get for cheap this summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2023&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=o30&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Edited by Shane

6 hours ago, Shane said:

Would like a Cambiasso type of signing. Someone who is an experienced pro and will be a leader on/off the pitch.

Plenty of experienced players available on a free according to transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2022&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=o30&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Vida from Besiktas if we want to defend set pieces better, or a huge coup would be Felipe from Atletico.

• Like 2